bigmuscle

Asthetically, I can see the appeal of the borders being so thin. Also they added the window shadow to the theme... but neither are implemented particularly well as of yet.

Not for me.

I embedded myself in Win 10 all morning, and when I got back to work on other things using Win 8.1 (and Big Muscle's product) I really liked the change back.

I'm no stick in the mud - more like a dyed in the wool early adopter tempered by common sense - but the only thing good about borderless windows is the feeling when going back to using a "legacy" system.

I couldn't get the themeatlas replacement to do anything useful by the way; Aero Glass and DWM just got into a reset loop.

-Noel

btw if you are caught in the loop, quickly open taskmanager by Strg+Shift+Esc and kill the aero integration program, so DWM can start itself without getting "integrated" and you can continue working, but dont forget to uninstall Aero...

I embedded myself in Win 10 all morning, and when I got back to work on other things using Win 8.1 (and Big Muscle's product) I really liked the change back.

I'm no stick in the mud - more like a dyed in the wool early adopter tempered by common sense - but the only thing good about borderless windows is the feeling when going back to using a "legacy" system.

I couldn't get the themeatlas replacement to do anything useful by the way; Aero Glass and DWM just got into a reset loop.

-Noel

I like the looks of borderless windows

The first try...

win10.jpg

Dear bigmuscle!

Can you send this version of Glass10 to me ( [redacted] )?

Currently I am using the legal version of Glass8 and I paid for it.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Tripredacus
removed email address

Just one small thing:

The picture was made as a quick preview how it can look in Win10. It is not usable at all, it may look good in the picture but it does not in reality. I doubt that you want Aero Glass that crashes every minute, accumulates dirt around the glass regions, loses the transparency very often and you cannot set anything.

So if anyone wants to register to this forum just to demand for this version, he is losing his time and I will completely ignore such posts. When the preview version is ready, it will be distributed to the selected testers which probably happens when next preview of Win10 is released, not earlier. So again, do not ask for Aero Glass for Win10, do not ask if you can be the tester. All up-to-date information can be found here: http://www.glass8.eu/win_future.html

Edited by bigmuscle