bigmuscle

Maybe because it is Aero Glass for Win8 and not for Win10?

Maybe dbghelp.dll+symsrv.dll is not compatible with Win10? There can be million answers why it does not work correctly on preview version of OS ;-)

Edited by bigmuscle

Hi ,i have install aero glass with configuraror utility,on my laptop.Everything works fine,but after last update( win 8.1),every time on start up i have this message.

http://postimg.org/image/wa4y4ys4v/

The aero effect work normal.( only ,when move the window,the aero effect refresh slow,but i'm not sure if this is the cause)

Why i have this message,and what can i do to stop,but more why the aero effect refresh slow when move window?

Thanks

Edited by johnnys

I tried it for Windows 10 and downloaded and installed the correct symbols but still didn't work. It what to expect for a technical preview.

From my first observation: there are only small changes in DWM. The main problem is that MS ripped out the last remainders of glass stuff which mainly means renamed functions. Thus, it currently does not work although you have symbols, because e.g. function DrawGlass is not there (it has been changed to DrawGeometry)...

Currently, it should be possible to use my Aero Glass in Win10 to change atlas file only.

I tried it for Windows 10 and downloaded and installed the correct symbols but still didn't work. It what to expect for a technical preview.

From my first observation: there are only small changes in DWM. The main problem is that MS ripped out the last remainders of glass stuff which mainly means renamed functions. Thus, it currently does not work although you have symbols, because e.g. function DrawGlass is not there (it has been changed to DrawGeometry)...

Currently, it should be possible to use my Aero Glass in Win10 to change atlas file only.

I am guessing that, given that so much of the end product might change over the next number of months, it might be a little futile for try keep up with compatibility until the end prouct of Windows 10 arrives?

However, if you need me to test something, I am running the tech preview on one of my machines. Given its current level of stability, maybe all of my machines soon***. Yes I was very quiet since a stable version of AeroGlass 8.1 was released - everything worked perfectly for so many months, I had very little to feedback. But, you might need someone for testing if you decide togive support to a non final version of 10.

(***Since Windows 7, I never had problems with system stability - The UI may have faltered but Windows stability has never been in doubt since 7!)

by the way you tell on your website

• When the first preview version is prepared, it will be distributed to the selected users in their profile.

so who are those "selected" users?

Heh, I'll try that and see how it works.

I see that Win 10 desktop windows are nearly borderless now.  That'll be something I'll want to fix.  Beyond it being ugly, it's almost comical to have to resize windows by grabbing their edges from some pixels outside the actual visible window....

-Noel

Heh, I'll try that and see how it works.

I see that Win 10 desktop windows are nearly borderless now.  That'll be something I'll want to fix.  Beyond it being ugly, it's almost comical to have to resize windows by grabbing their edges from some pixels outside the actual visible window....

-Noel

Asthetically, I can see the appeal of the borders being so thin. Also they added the window shadow to the theme... but neither are implemented particularly well as of yet.

• When the first preview version is prepared, it will be distributed to the selected users in their profile.

Mostly the users who were active and provided useful feedback during the previous development stages. No sense to distribute the preview version somewhere else, because other users would only complain that it displays the debugging window etc.

Mostly the users who were active and provided useful feedback during the previous development stages. No sense to distribute the preview version somewhere else, because other users would only complain that it displays the debugging window etc.

Hello, i got windows 10 too, currently running a legit 8.1 version of glass8 on my other partition and i'm very happy with it! The debuggin window  wasn't a problem for me and it was nice testing older versions. I hope you will put me in for this testing phase too =D 

okay.

when could there be a beta or something similar to that? (I dont want a fixed countdown or whatever just something like "in about a month" or something in that style)

I want to test it to, also without something to test users cannot really give feedback...

BTW it would be nice if you could provide an option to name the keys within the donation interace so you know which one is which machine...

Edited by My1