bigmuscle

Good, solution to your problem is pretty simple - update to the latest version of Aero Glass.

Glad it's simple  :P  BTW I'm just going through the v1.2.5 installer and there's a checkbox option 'Protect Aero Glass by adjusting access permissions' - what is this and is it worth enabling? Couldn't find it in the site's FAQ guide.

I'm curious to see if this is going to work on Windows 10 Techincal Preview. I find out tomorrow

It does not work on my VMWare installation.

I'm curious to see if this is going to work on Windows 10 Techincal Preview. I find out tomorrow

It does not work on my VMWare installation.

Confirmed, the library loads and the log file indicates it loads fine BUT the Window titles look all messed up. I think the theme atlas or whatever is incompatible with Windows 10. But AG does load properly without errors, it just doesn't seem to render the theme atlas correctly.

Thanks guys. I haven't had a chance yet to try Windows 10 due to time difference. It was 2:30am my time when it become available. I be trying it on VMWare

I don't use OS X so I don't know what you mean.

Like this:

1401737416-osx_design_font_2x.jpg

There themes out there to make it look like OS X. BigMuscle only does Aero glass

With minor tweak of his code he can archive it easly. Why not having this type translucent into windows i don't understand why you're negative. Aero glass is customizable after all, he could add a param to enable it if the user want. Any how this is almost "flat" style of Aero Glass of Windows 7 but with another blur kind ...

What you're saying "BigMuscle" ?

Thank you

Hi Guys,

Im running glass8 on a Win 8.1 x64 Alienware 14 machine. Is there a way to get the graphics work done on the Nvidia card instead of the onboard Intel HD so as to lower CPU usage. I'm guessing I have to somehow set permissions for the DWM but I'm not sure how, maybe even using the nvidia control panel? Just wanted to know if anyone has done this already.

Also does anyone know if using the glass theme has a performance penalty when playing games, I use a extended desktop setup with a attached 24" Dell Monitor (U2414H) which is where I play games on while leaving the laptop's monitor still on the windows desktop. Just curious if anyone else is doing this.

Isaac

Edited by badmojo

Hi Guys,

Im running glass8 on a Win 8.1 x64 Alienware 14 machine. Is there a way to get the graphics work done on the Nvidia card instead of the onboard Intel HD so as to lower CPU usage. I'm guessing I have to somehow set permissions for the DWM but I'm not sure how, maybe even using the nvidia control panel? Just wanted to know if anyone has done this already.

Aero Glass cannot influence this. This is only rendering extension which uses Direct2D device which has already been created by DWM.

Hi Guys,

Aero Glass cannot influence this. This is only rendering extension which uses Direct2D device which has already been created by DWM.

No, I get it. of course I understand BigMuscle's Aero Glass Mod cannot influence this, I understand this question is actually a windows question I'm asking if anyone has found a way to work this out. I'm actually asking it here because you guys seem to know the inner workings of the DWM pretty well.

PS: BigMuscle's AeroGlass mod is pretty **** great.

My quick guess is that it uses the graphic card where your display is connected to ;)

So I thought as well, however the newer model alienware systems have this "switchable" graphics thing which is suppose to extend battery life by using the onboard gpu when not playing games, however since I am mostly connected to a outlet i have set the gpu of preference to be the nvidia. both the laptop screen and the monitor connected by DisplayPort show up as connected to the nvidia gpu, however a quick look at GPU-Z does not show much happening on the nvidia.

Anyways I have a couple of ideas, If it works I'll update here.

Isaac

could you provide debug.log?

EDIT: I will try this again after installing the debug symbols posted above. They were not made available by Microsoft until a few hours ago.

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0x1238:0xA5C] Installing DWM hook...

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0x1238:0xA5C] User: SYSTEM

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0x1238:0xA5C] Module: C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0x17E4] Donation key not loaded (2 - The system cannot find the file specified.)

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0x17E4] Machine ID: BYNQP4LGSUQLJLOC5UD2L7X3MDPL4VNLH5LELFOQRL4JE3WQ

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0x17E4] Loading settings (flags = 0x1) from HKEY 0x00000000 for session #1

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0x17E4] Aero Glass for Win8.1 v1.2.5 x86 correctly loaded (C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll).

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0xBC4] dwmcore.dll version 6.4.9841.0

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0xBC4] udwm.dll version 6.4.9841.0

[2014-10-02 02:05:58][0xF08:0xBC4] DWM incompatibility error 0x7FD

Screenshot:

dSckHGr.png

Edited by Rfire