bigmuscle

Is there any identifiable information about the system/user stored within the files?

I'm not sure. If I remember correctly, it contains computer name and OS version only.

Is there anything new regarding this issue?

Sure, it has already been fixed. I deleted wrong keys and you can generate the correct one.

I decided to wait for Windows 9 Technical Preview which is coming soon. If only minor change (or none) is needed to make it work there, I will update it and release. If large change is needed, I will release it unmodified and will make separate Win9 version then.

Then main reason for delay is that the last Win update changed function pattern more than expected (thus DWM incompatible message) and I did not find a correct way to correctly fix it yet.

Windows 9 Technical Preview which is coming soon.

Wow, I genuinely felt a pang of dread when you mentioned that.  I remember, with every prior Microsoft version release, it was a feeling of eager anticipation of what's new.  Either I just suddenly got old or Microsoft's strategy did.

As before, please let me know if I can help you beta test your work.

-Noel

Hi, I have the full version of the program, but there is a problem and I am not sure if it is a bug or a feature:

After every restart my windows borders are totally transparent:

ibaN3vB.png

Then I go to Personalize and select a different theme and it fixes itself. Then I can select my preferred theme again:

6unIJ4U.png

I also use WinLaunch and it is completely transparent as well until I select some theme.

Any ideas?

Edited by cyperbg

For those - like me - who experience problems with the latest Windows Updates and Aero Glass,the procedure for manually installing symbols is easy.

You probably don't even need to install Windows Debugging Tools ;)

• Just create a txt in C:\AeroGlass or wherever you have AeroGlass installed
  • Paste the following:
MKDIR %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dllsCD C:\Windows\System32XCOPY "dwm.exe" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dllsXCOPY "dwmcore.dll" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dllsXCOPY "uDWM.dll" %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dllsCD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x64SYMCHK /r %userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls /s SRV*C:\AeroGlass\symbols\*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbolsRD /S /Q "%userprofile%\appdata\local\temp\dlls"
  • Save the file and rename it to symbols.cmd
  • Right Click and run as Administrator

That's it, the Symbols folder should have been created inside your aeroglass installation folder! Hope this helps :) 

PS maybe info like this should be part of the OP, or be included in a readme or somewhere on aeroglass site? *hint hint*  :thumbup

Obi-Wan, always a pleasure to meet a Jedi :)

Where does one get SYMCHK if not the kit you mentioned? The batch failed there for me.

Download and launch the Windows SDK Installer, on the dialog which modules to install select only the Windows Debugging Tools.

After that start the batch again.

cyperbg: it looks like some application is modifying your settings. Could you share screenshots of registry editor displaying HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM keys at the time it is fully transparent (so before you change the theme).

share the debug.log

http://pastebin.com/KzgZ5UYa

cyperbg: it looks like some application is modifying your settings. Could you share screenshots of registry editor displaying HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM and HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM keys at the time it is fully transparent (so before you change the theme).

jfOl84d.pngcfVX3s8.png

Do you use default Win8 theme? I can't see anything wrong with your Aero Glass settings thus it must be something with your theme.

Could you try plaing with GUI application (http://glass8.eu/stuff/gui.7z) to see whether some settings fixes the problem?

I found the culprit: it was the UxTheme Launcher, which I previously uninstalled, but it was still loading its files (no idea why), so deleted it manually.

Now I can't remove its entry from the Startup list, but that is another issue (the top one)

SEgbMfY.png

Btw I was trying to patch uxtheme.dll for 3rd party themes to work, but they didn't. Are there any restrictions in Windows 8.1 for that?