bigmuscle

Thank you. That did not come up in my Google Search and the links I had saved to the previous URL (berlios.de web domain) were no longer valid. Got it installed on the new system. Looks much better now.

Once upon a time - just for the record - it was common practice to read AT LEAST first post on a thread BEFORE posting on it whining :w00t::ph34r: that you cannot find something.

You know, like:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-125/?p=1065879

Ladies and gentlemen,

I present you version 1.0 of Aero Glass reimplementation for Windows 8.1. This software is a bit different story than Aero Glass for Win8, because almost all glass code has been removed from Windows 8.1 so complete reimplementation was needed.

The software is free for your personal usage.

Download and all information are available on its website: http://www.glass8.eu

Please, remember that this software is done in my free time and it is not done for any profit. You won't get the full service as in the case of regular paid software.

:whistle:

jaclaz

So I have a problem. I tried first searching around for the answer to the problem and seeing if anyone else has/had this problem in the forums but I could not find anyone that has. Aero Glass installs just fine on my desktop. However on my laptop it does not work at all. There is no transparency on any windows at all. Now there was a moment where it did work for a little bit until I happened to put my laptop to sleep mode. I've reinstalled Aero Glass a bunch of times and tested it on the default theme and many other custom themes to try to get it working. In fact when it did work for a little bit it was when I happened to switch to the custom theme you see me using below. Which also happens to be the same theme I'm using on my desktop. Thanks for all the help in advance.

screenshot.PNG

Hi ,i  have installed the aero glass on my system (win8.1)with configurator tool.Everything works fine,but every time to start the windows a message to ask me if i want to copy a code! "yes or no".

How can i stop to hide this message every time  the windows start?

Thanks.

Hi ,i  have installed the aero glass on my system (win8.1)with configurator tool.Everything works fine,but every time to start the windows a message to ask me if i want to copy a code! "yes or no".

How can i stop to hide this message every time  the windows start?

Thanks.

You can read all about it here: http://www.glass8.eu/support.php

So weird thing. I put it to sleep just now. Then when I woke it up Aero Glass was working!

screenshot2.PNG

Because you are plugged into your AC plug. If you unplug from your power cord, it will revert into non-transparent mode for energy savings

Open up regedit.exe and browse to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Add a new DWORD called DisableGlassOnBattery set to 0 (base hex). Reboot.

I feel that bigmuscle should change the default settings to enable aero glass on battery also for laptops. Of course, users would still have the ability to disable it on battery if that's what they want. I say this because of two reasons - for one, there have been many first time users who have complained that AG is not working on their laptops. Yes I know that they would understand the reason if they read all the pages of this thread or even the documentation properly, but I feel that enough number of people have complained about it to let us understand that not all new users do either of these. And secondly, does having AG enabled really drain battery that much? Is it that significant? I don't know the answer, I'm just asking. Maybe it's not worth the trouble for users to have to change a registry setting to enable AG on battery - if AG doesn't drain the battery that fast.

On another note, I have to say that it is time that bigmuscle provided a small program or utility to set up AG. I know that you have made such a utility, and I have used it - why not make that the default way to use and customize AG? Surely it is not beyond your abilities to make a bug free GUI for AG, considering that you know how to make AG itself. I'm sure that a lot more people would use AG if such a utility is provided.

I believe I recall Big Muscle saying he set it as the way it is now (default disabled on battery) to most closely match Windows' philosophy itself, but people are installing the software because they want it to work, there's really only a negligible impact on battery life, so it would not be unreasonable to make the default setting ENABLED on battery.  I support this suggestion.

You're asking for the GUI configuration utility to be finished.

CaptobviousChooseOption.gif

As developing this is not Big Muscle's full-time job, as Valentine Michael Smith from Mars might say:  Waiting Is.

For now, why not just use his beta GUI configuration tool?

-Noel

Yes, it sucks for people who own laptops that the first thing they must do upon installing Aeoglass is to change a registry setting.  It should be default always on; I mean why do people install it in the first place?  SMH!

Why not just use the "Aero Glass Customizer" by Moataz which Includes the "Run on battery" as well as other AG Tweaks.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/172357-aero-glass-customizer-for-win81/

~DP :whistle:

Well, you will need to make a post about the actual meaning of "Run on battery", and noone will actually read that post (just as they won't read any among the zillion post about the Registry battery setting on the Aeroglass threads).

What  will happen will be that they will instead make a new post whining not only about the Aeroglass not working but also about the "Aero Glass Customizer" having too complex options.  :whistle:

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz

I feel that bigmuscle should change the default settings to enable aero glass on battery also for laptops. Of course, users would still have the ability to disable it on battery if that's what they want. I say this because of two reasons - for one, there have been many first time users who have complained that AG is not working on their laptops. Yes I know that they would understand the reason if they read all the pages of this thread or even the documentation properly, but I feel that enough number of people have complained about it to let us understand that not all new users do either of these. And secondly, does having AG enabled really drain battery that much? Is it that significant? I don't know the answer, I'm just asking. Maybe it's not worth the trouble for users to have to change a registry setting to enable AG on battery - if AG doesn't drain the battery that fast.

On another note, I have to say that it is time that bigmuscle provided a small program or utility to set up AG. I know that you have made such a utility, and I have used it - why not make that the default way to use and customize AG? Surely it is not beyond your abilities to make a bug free GUI for AG, considering that you know how to make AG itself. I'm sure that a lot more people would use AG if such a utility is provided.

Guilty as charged. I totally skimmed over that section of his documentation because I'm scared of doing registry stuff. I do agree a lovely GUI program for the settings would be really awesome of him. I also was thinking of using Mr. GRiM's customizer but figured it wouldn't solve my problem so I didn't look into it too much.

Edited by IzzuThug

I like it as default that aero turns off when running on battery. That way I know I'm running on battery. Also NoelC said that bigmuscle intended it to behave the same as it did with Windows 7. Back in windows 7 times poeple never complained about Aero not running on battery

I like it as default that aero turns off when running on battery. That way I know I'm running on battery. Also NoelC said that bigmuscle intended it to behave the same as it did with Windows 7. Back in windows 7 times poeple never complained about Aero not running on battery

I would have if I had a laptop!