bigmuscle

Nada, Nada - No performance issues or any other issues with my 8.1 ProWMC with AG as well, also have my setup now to install AG automatically when Windows is finished with AG enabled at the desktop (no more manually setting up, great time saver)

~DP :sneaky:

Hmm okay. Yeah I'm not noticing any degradation in performance myself. I only saw the log there when I was going to look up something else. Noticed I had 2 logs generated every hour for the same thing. Figured it was worth mentioning. Thanks for looking into it.

Seems that every hour, its reporting DWM using high CPU regardless of what I'm doing.

I see those messages logged too.  They seem quite bogus to me, almost along the lines of the snake oil marketing that tries to get you to buy this or that cleaner program.

Only time they stop is when the monitors are off (sleeping, i.e., zero desktop use). 

For what it's worth, everything is instantaneous, and my System Idle process shows numbers like 99.52% just sitting here running Process Hacker, which refreshes every second, and it might go all the way down to 98.28% idle if I do stuff like minimize/restore windows continuously or move windows around.  There's certainly no CPU overutilization.

-Noel

Yep thats pretty much what I'm seeing. CPU usage is low all the time unless I'm actively doing something to bring it up. Just thought it strange to see those logs created every hour. Getting idle of 95-98% with mIRC, Cyberfox, Process Hacker, Outlook, Teamviewer, BitTorrent Sync, MBAM Premium, and Pulseway. Definitely no problems here.

For me, it seems happen everytime the display is turned off on inactivity and I turn it on again. I will try to find a place where this thing is logged. Maybe it is some performance thing in DWM which I could fix.

I'm really never at the lock screen.  My monitors go to sleep on inactivity and awake right back to the desktop.  If my CPU usage DID kick up I imagine I'd hear the system fans speed up.  I do not.

And many times the messages are logged at almost perfect 1 hour intervals.

Plus I've seen those warnings logged while just working steadily, at times when I know the monitors haven't gone to sleep at all in the past hour.

-Noel

I dont use the lock screen or put the PC to sleep ever. I let it go to screensaver which is a Matrix one so it does take up GPU. However, I notice that the logs are generated every hour regardless of whether I'm using screensaver or using the PC normally.

The log for the CPU over-utilization is shown in Event Viewer -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Diagnostics-Performance -> Operational in case you want to look into where they're coming from. Doesn't give a lot of info as to what causes the over-utilization tho.

I'm thinking it could be a half-baked self diagnosis and tuning feature that was underway but abandoned when the "leadership" at the time decided to emasculate Windows 8 and turn it into a half-baked toy.  Maybe in their haste to delete desktop Aero functionality they cut something out that would have made the events reasonable.

Think how distant some obscure performance events in a log are from the toy Windows 8 actually became.

-Noel

I'm thinking it could be a half-baked self diagnosis and tuning feature that was underway but abandoned when the "leadership" at the time decided to emasculate Windows 8 and turn it into a half-baked toy.  Maybe in their haste to delete desktop Aero functionality they cut something out that would have made the events reasonable.

Think how distant some obscure performance events in a log are from the toy Windows 8 actually became.

-Noel

Calling Windows 8/8.1 a toy is an opinion that I do not share with you.  My opinion is that Windows 8.1 is simply the best OS that ever graced this fine earth.