bigmuscle

I am finally after my holiday and the weather is weird here, so I will have some free time which I can spare on Aero Glass development. You can look forward to some specialities such as performance improvements, important security fixes, completed GUI application and more. If you have any special requests which you think should be included in Aero Glass, feel free to write it here :-)

I am finally after my holiday and the weather is weird here, so I will have some free time which I can spare on Aero Glass development. You can look forward to some specialities such as performance improvements, important security fixes, completed GUI application and more. If you have any special requests which you think should be included in Aero Glass, feel free to write it here :-)

Please do something about high RAM usage issue while using Google Chrome.  :angel

What's up wrong with RAM usage?

While using Aero Glass with Google Chrome (multiple Tabs), RAM usage suddenly skyrockets. Earlier this issue was reported by some of the Google Chrome users but was left unsolved.

I have thoroughly tested this behaviour With and Without Aero Glass and finally figured out that AG is the Culprit.  :}

Please fix this.  :)

jHg6qsb.jpg

ONns6u0.png

Unfortunately, I don't think this is something which I could influence. The problem is that the only memory buffers which I allocate are in the scope of DWM process so any other memory allocated in different process will hardly be connected with my Aero Glass.

So how come I am having so much troubles / issues with Chrome Browser only? JFTR, till Now haven't faced any issues whatsoever with Mozilla Firefox 0r IE11.  :unsure:

Just because it is Chrome's problem. If it is problem of Aero Glass then it would influence also other applications.

I like chrome but this multiple process crap is just that crap.

After looking at your processes it looks like the 4 that your having issues are probably extensions that have memory leak issues.

If it was aero glass all of the chrome procs would be over a gig like that.

Plus your gpu proc is only 100 megs. That's not conducive to aero burning up your ram. Your gpu usage would be lots higher.

This http://www.howtogeek.com/124218/why-does-chrome-have-so-many-open-processes/ will explain to you how to see which extensions are eating all your ram.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

So how come I am having so much troubles / issues with Chrome Browser only? JFTR, till Now haven't faced any issues whatsoever with Mozilla Firefox 0r IE11.  :unsure:

Just because it is Chrome's problem. If it is problem of Aero Glass then it would influence also other applications.

But when Aero Glass is not installed, I am not experiencing any RAM Spikes. Like I mentioned earlier, this particular issue is plaguing Google Chrome only. :angel

After looking at your processes it looks like the 4 that your having issues are probably extensions that have memory leak issues.

Here's the List of Extensions & Userscripts currently installed on my system.

4kZMO3X.png

k4rWG54.png

Let's see if some basic math helps:

Seemingly (on other people systems without the extensions you have):

Aeroglass+Chrome = No memory usage spikes :)

On your system:

Chrome + a number of extensions + a number of user scripts = No memory usage spikes :)

Aeroglass + Chrome + a number of Chrome extensions + a number of user scripts = Memory usage spikes :(

It would be a nice experiment to try (on your system):

Aeroglass + Chrome (with NO extensions, NOR user scripts) 

and see if the result produces those Ram spikes or not.

jaclaz

LOL. Your ram usage wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have 36 chrome processes running.

You can't run a ton of extensions in Chrome then complain that your ram usage is high because of AG. Remove the extensions you most likely dont even need, cut down on the processes, and your ram usage will be fine even if Aero Glass seems to make it rise a little.

Here's my Chrome processes with 5 extensions. I would hardly call this "high" RAM usage.

http://puu.sh/awhVA/d8a4a49128.png

LOL. Your ram usage wouldnt be so bad if you didnt have 36 chrome processes running.

You can't run a ton of extensions in Chrome then complain that your ram usage is high because of AG. Remove the extensions you most likely dont even need, cut down on the processes, and your ram usage will be fine even if Aero Glass seems to make it rise a little.

Here's my Chrome processes with 5 extensions. I would hardly call this "high" RAM usage.

http://puu.sh/awhVA/d8a4a49128.png

I wonder if this is a joke!  I mean it is like in the old days when someone would have 30,000 tool bars installed, and wonder why the internet was so slow!

But when Aero Glass is not installed, I am not experiencing any RAM Spikes. Like I mentioned earlier, this particular issue is plaguing Google Chrome only. :angel

4kZMO3X.png

k4rWG54.png

I see no ram issues in these shots. I do however see that you hate ads with a near total OCD problem. Do you really need a dozen or so ad block programs?

Heres mine with a handful of extensions:

post-6960-0-64889800-1406688722_thumb.pn

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Let's see if some basic math helps:

Seemingly (on other people systems without the extensions you have):

Aeroglass+Chrome = No memory usage spikes

On your system:

Chrome + a number of extensions + a number of user scripts = No memory usage spikes

Aeroglass + Chrome + a number of Chrome extensions + a number of user scripts = Memory usage spikes

It would be a nice experiment to try (on your system):

Aeroglass + Chrome (with NO extensions, NOR user scripts) 

and see if the result produces those Ram spikes or not.

jaclaz

:rolleyes: Have a look at this screenshot.

YYWWAt7.jpg

As you can clearly see, there are 125+ Open Tabs & all of them are resource hungry. When Aero Glass is not installed, I am not experiencing any Memory Hog issues.

Problem only starts when Aero Glass is installed / enabled. You might want to look at my post #1909, I already mentioned that this all begins with AG. 

AeroGlass + Chrome (with NO extensions, NOR user scripts) -- issue persists even after disabling / deleting all the addons 0r when trying in incognito Mode. :}

4kZMO3X.png

k4rWG54.png

I see no ram issues in these shots. I do however see that you hate ads with a near total OCD problem. Do you really need a dozen or so ad block programs?

Ads - OCD? -- LMAO! :D 

Generally, I tend to download stuff from s***ty File Hosters e.g. DataFile Host / Solidfiles / Tusfiles etc. who First try to offer their Download Managers (PUP's) instead of Direct download links 0r the contents are mostly well hidden behind paid-Redirect cashfly / adf.ly / linkbucks links (When stealing / downloading Android Applications from Android-Zone :P). To overcome this, I personally prefer to use UserScripts (Adware Atomizer / Ad Host Cleaner / Yet Another Download helper etc. - as depicted in screenshot). In such scenarios, these Scripts plays a viable role & makes downloading so much fun. User has to simply click on the corresponding link, after then there's no need to wait / skip paid redirection links 0r need to click on download. The said UserScripts will take care of everything, Ultimately all you get is - Desired File, Which is automatically grabbed by Browsers' built in Download Manager 0r by IDM Extension. :yes: