bigmuscle

Yes, you are right.  Only my border has transparency.  In Windows 7 it only has transparency when you are "holding on" to it.  The second you let go it looks just the same as Windows 8.1 with BigMuscle's Aeroglass.  I tried, but can't get a screen shot of the jumplist in front of the task bar, but with mine it looks just the same, but sits down in front of the task bar.  It moves up and down with my mouse, but as soon as I let go of it it appears as in this screen shot!

Screenshot_23.png

That how my jumplist looks like but with a thinner border. Which I never really use

I've been watching this conversation... 

My question is:  Why would you ever want any menu behind the Taskbar at any time?  Are you just talking about the time when an animation of the opening of the menu is occurring?

For what it's worth, I avoid jump lists entirely, and I can't say I ever see anything in front of or behind the Taskbar at all.

-Noel

I have no idea why anyone would want any menu BEHIND the Task Bar.  Actually, I don't use jump lists either!  I do use Aeropeek!

My question is:  Why would you ever want any menu behind the Taskbar at any time?  Are you just talking about the time when an animation of the opening of the menu is occurring?

For what it's worth, I avoid jump lists entirely, and I can't say I ever see anything in front of or behind the Taskbar at all.

It's just during the animation that the Jump List should be behind the taskbar. I think Microsoft designed it that way to make the transition less abrupt and maybe so the taskbar icon doesn't get hidden by a Jump List.

I rarely use Jump Lists also, but it's a bug that may even have other implications that do cause problems.  Bigmuscle's software is almost flawless from what I've seen, this is the only bug that I've found (some software isn't designed for Aero, but that's not bigmuscle's problem).

Thanks for the clarification, Joel.  I'm not seeing any noticeable animation of menus that pop up from the Taskbar, so I can't say whether I can confirm this.  It's likely because I've tweaked the time parameters for some of the Taskbar operations to make everything more responsive.

-Noel

I wondered what you meant by click and drag.  Glad  you posted the videos.  I didn't even know you could click (hold) and drag like that.

Like dhjohns I consider the Aero Glass flavor an improvement, not a degradation, in usability.  I shouldn't think BigMuscle would want to "fix" it unless, as you mentioned, it's an indication of some other problem.  That said, I've been using the software for a very long time and haven't seen any other problem in practical usage, at least not the way I use Windows.

It's very astute of you to have noticed the difference.

-Noel

Hey folks, just got a new 8.1 laptop and decided to give this a try. It worked very briefly allowing me to see through windows ect. However when I restarted my computer the transparency seemed to have been disabled yet the glass and watermark still appear. This is happening on these themes: http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Ultimate-Clean-Updated-459383906 and http://gsw953onda.deviantart.com/art/Gray8-1-Glass-417665748

Any help would be greatly appreciated and will provide more details if required.

Cheers!

In other words, open your registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\DWM; In the right-hand window, right-click on the DWORD entry DisableGlassOnBattery, select Modify, and change the value data to 0.  Close the registry editor.  You may have to log off, and then back on.  I don't know.  I do not own a laptop!

In other words, open your registry editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\DWM; In the right-hand window, right-click on the DWORD entry DisableGlassOnBattery, select Modify, and change the value data to 0.  Close the registry editor.  You may have to log off, and then back on.  I don't know.  I do not own a laptop!

Don't forget that in win 8.1.1 you may have to create the DWM key in that hive. And then create the Dword in that key.