bigmuscle

I know, I used some DirectX patch for some old games on my pcs so I think taht the SFC problem is that but I must do that....

I have a problem with BigMuscle's dll for theme signature, when I use it, the system crash every times I open a new window..... This is why I use UxTheme Patcher ;)

@NoelC: No it dosen't break system integrity.

Are you speaking of UXTheme or some other tool?  I see you have something called UXStyle in your screen grab.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

@NoelC:

You're right, I use UXStyle, not UXTheme. And I suppose you're right, if UXTheme patch Windows's files, SFC will found corrupted files. UXStyle create a service that run at boot.

@quanzi1507:

I use Rainmeter with OpenHardwareMonitor dll's.

Edited by Cromat

We've reached the "it just works fine" stage.

Edit:  Also, the "no one in their right mind is upgrading to Windows 8.1" stage.

-Noel

Edit:  Also, the "no one in their right mind is upgrading to Windows 8.1" stage.

-Noel

I would think that no one in his right mind would NOT upgrade to Windows 8.1!

I been using Windows 8.1 Update 1 Pro x64 for ages and never had a single problem with aero glass

BigMuscle are you aware that someone on this link is giving out a hacked version of your areoglass. He did post on here before he got removed. You done a great job and I don't want it being ruined

thats a great post - the mods and others do their best to stop any joining and posting links and someone who has been around a while does it - you note i delete the link in the quote above as it seems anybody who posts cracks gets banned - why i dont know but maybe thats the rule

unless BM can come up with something wonderful i guess the money flow has stopped - he will tell us it was never done for money so it wont matter

the donation model was always flawed imo and just set AeroGlass up for cracking - people have never known where they stood with the obtaining of keys 

sure BM will rubbish the crack telling us it will end in tears with black screens or locked up pc's just as he did with the earlier one - time will tell

Dave, please edit your post and take out the link.  Bigmuscle knows about it.  He's had several conversations with the slime that does the cracking.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

thats a great post - the mods and others do their best to stop any joining and posting links and someone who has been around a while does it - you note i delete the link in the quote above as it seems anybody who posts cracks gets banned - why i dont know but maybe thats the rule

unless BM can come up with something wonderful i guess the money flow has stopped - he will tell us it was never done for money so it wont matter

the donation model was always flawed imo and just set AeroGlass up for cracking - people have never known where they stood with the obtaining of keys 

sure BM will rubbish the crack telling us it will end in tears with black screens or locked up pc's just as he did with the earlier one - time will tell

If you were to go to this link and read the comments, you would know that he has asked for beta tested for help! And yes, it does cause problems if you see some of the feedback on using it.

If you were to go to this link and read the comments, you would know that he has asked for beta tested for help! And yes, it does cause problems if you see some of the feedback on using it.

i think you need to go there - there are now 2 cracks - both interesting - 1st one was asking for beta testers and an update was issued based on that which people say worked - there is now a link to a different one that is simply BM's program cracked as far as i know - the one there seems a little unofficial but it does not take much to trace back to the original - as to problems have you tried it or just based your comment on comments over there

sooner or later this was forced to happen - BM has imo brought much of it on himself - his work - his program - his rules i agree but he has produced something that many want and then got all defensive - again his right - but it seems to have got to a point that people were going to crack it just to do it - trace back to other sites and theres poor comments and some vitriol against BM - there should be no need for stuff like that - had it been marketed in a normal way i dont think it would have got half the attention it has

and @NoelC - why slime - there will always be someone - its the way of the world or PC's - again if BM had not gone the route he has i dont think people would have bothered - its no game changer - 99% of those using win8 will not know of it i guess as its not marketed - maybe BM is happy with the donation model - it must have paid him something 

In the reality, I don't care about any cracks. If someone decides to use some crack, its his choice. It is always against the main purpose of my Aero Glass = to make this effect as native as possible and as clean as possible, and if someone selects to install any semi-layer between my Aero Glass and DWM, he does not use clean Aero Glass, so it is his problem.

What I just cannot understand is why nobody never released any normal crack for my software:

- the 1st crack is just replacing of MSIMG32.DLL (which is system library, so system integrity is impaired) and works only sometimes. Although people writes here that this crack works correctly, they complain to their forum that it brings many problems.

- the new crack - I have not checked it much, just downloaded their EXE file and executed. The result is that my computer got messed with many unknown processes and many new unknown items in Startup folder. Then it wrote that it is downloading 2044 MB, so I interrupted it. Funny thing.

So again, if anyone decides to use the crack, use it! Just remember that my library injects into process with high privileges, so any attacker can do anything with your computer.

and @NoelC - why slime - there will always be someone - its the way of the world or PC's - again if BM had not gone the route he has i dont think people would have bothered - its no game changer - 99% of those using win8 will not know of it i guess as its not marketed - maybe BM is happy with the donation model - it must have paid him something 

Try to create your own legitimate business where you sell your software to put bread on your table, and you'll get a different opinion of the mental misfits who crack software rather than put their talents to legitimate creation of products.

Cracking software is stealing.  Criminal activity.  Illegal.  And people who download cracked software are complicit in the act, not to mention just stupid for inviting the kinds of viruses crackers create into their own computers.

I'm not saying the world is perfect, but it works better when people are honest.

Nobody but Big Muscle has any idea why he does things the way he does.  For a long time I've had an idea that maybe he's been influenced by an external force (e.g., Microsoft's lawyers), but I don't know.  We can't know.  Maybe he's not allowed to say.  But whatever way he does it, it's entirely up to him.

-Noel

- the new crack - I have not checked it much, just downloaded their EXE file and executed. The result is that my computer got messed with many unknown processes and many new unknown items in Startup folder. Then it wrote that it is downloading 2044 MB, so I interrupted it. Funny thing.

So again, if anyone decides to use the crack, use it! Just remember that my library injects into process with high privileges, so any attacker can do anything with your computer.

i would have been more surprised if you had not said that - saying it does not make it true - just your version of the truth - maybe

Look, adacom, if you don't know the real facts then please, do NOT express your opinion about it. It is not important what's my, your, his, her or whoever version of the truth. I'm just saying that my Aero Glass is injected into process with high privileges and if someone wants to inject some unverified 4th party library into this process too, then it is his problem too. I don't say whether their crack does something harmful, I just say that there is opened possibility that if they want to, they can do it and no virus/malware/etc. scan will prevent it.

Another thing is that I tried to install that crack? Did you install it? You probably did not. It downloaded EXE file which installed some additional tools into the computer and then it required to download 2044 MB, so I interrupted the process.. Now I discovered that it even installed some add-on into my firefox. Again, it is not my version of the truth. It is the reality what it did. Nothing more. You can simply try it on your own or you can just continue to spread that it is only my version of the truth... blah, dot.