bigmuscle

How to fix this problem ?

Image Link: http://www.hizliresimyukle.com/image/H4L

Missing glow behind the titles of ribbon-enabled windows such as File Explorer and Wordpad, is well-known.  Those window elements are composited from resources from some other place than those managed by Aero Glass for Win 8.1, and a theme replacement needs to be done to affect those particular titles.  I've come to just ignore it myself, rather than delve into theme replacement.

Managing themes is outside the realm of Aero Glass for Win 8.1, though BigMuscle did at one time offer a tool that will relax the security requirements of Windows 8 and facilitate loading of themes.  But again, that's separate from Aero Glass, and unfortunately I've lost track of the URL from which to download it.  Maybe someone else remembers it.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

I would think that more would be on Win 8.1 since Windows 8.0 (RTM) is EOS (End of Sale) already.  

My point is not that Win 8 people are avoiding upgrading to Win 8.1.  It's that fewer and fewer additional Win 7 people are moving up to Win 8 (point anything).  The product is a flop!

-Noel

Missing glow behind the titles of ribbon-enabled windows such as File Explorer and Wordpad, is well-known.  Those window elements are composited from resources from some other place than those managed by Aero Glass for Win 8.1, and a theme replacement needs to be done to affect those particular titles.  I've come to just ignore it myself, rather than delve into theme replacement.

Managing themes is outside the realm of Aero Glass for Win 8.1, though BigMuscle did at one time offer a tool that will relax the security requirements of Windows 8 and facilitate loading of themes.  But again, that's separate from Aero Glass, and unfortunately I've lost track of the URL from which to download it.  Maybe someone else remembers it.

-Noel

hmm, okey

I would think that more would be on Win 8.1 since Windows 8.0 (RTM) is EOS (End of Sale) already.  

My point is not that Win 8 people are avoiding upgrading to Win 8.1.  It's that fewer and fewer additional Win 7 people are moving up to Win 8 (point anything).  The product is a flop!

-Noel

Even Dell has been marketing lately that they still have deals on win7 machines, though it might be to reduce inventory.

-Noel

Well, if Windows 8.1 is a flop, I certainly hope Microsoft keeps putting out more flops!  I love it!

Some folks do love it.  I have no problem with it myself; my business runs on it.  But it's proving to be a market flop by all forms of statistics gathering so far.  Honestly, I believe it takes a bit too much work to make it into a nice system.  Consider that all of us are here in this thread because we prefer Aero Glass and are geek enough to run it.  99.9% of the public have no idea that Aero Glass for Win 8.1 exists, and 90% of them probably wouldn't have the expertise to install/manage it on their systems.

Please don't wish that Microsoft continues in the direction of shunning serious computing to exclusively pursue consumer toys.  There's no future in that approach.  They're big enough and (supposedly) smart enough that they could advance the state of the computing art AND make toys.

By the way, I'm just about to complete 10 full days on my current Win 8.1 bootup after the last set up updates, using my system daily to do all sorts of intensive things, and Aero Glass for Win 8.1 has performed absolutely flawlessly.  This is truly professional-grade software.

Uptime10Days.png

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

bykaracivi? Is this a black custom theme by chance, if so what happenes to you text when you change to a different theme with 
a light background paper? 

When I change my theme to light wallpaper, I'm getting the same problem again!

Text glow effects are not work on file explorer captions.

bykaracivi? Is this a black custom theme by chance, if so what happenes to you text when you change to a different theme with 

It's normal because all ribbon windows don't use theme atlas glow but another glow in another part of visual style.

212831glow.jpg

Edited by MTDirector

It's normal because all ribbon windows don't use theme atlas glow but another glow in another part of visual style.

212831glow.jpg

so, thank you. What should I do now?

Does UxTheme Patcher break system integrity (i.e., SFC /VERIFYONLY will fail)?

I thought it did, but I don't use it so I'm not sure.  If so, it's something to keep in mind.

-Noel

I use it but I haven't test but, when you change a system file in 8.1 it disable your activation and I don't have this problem with it. I will test the SFC ;)

EDIT : the sfc fail but with a pc without UxTheme Patcher I have this problem too....

Edited by MTDirector

I believe the tool BigMuscle released at one time would allow a theme to be loaded and the system to maintain SFC system integrity, but I've lost track of where he posted it.

It's not a given that a Windows 8.1 system should fail an SFC check. 

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

Maintaining system integrity is a worthwhile goal, as it avails you of some restorative functionality in case of problems (SFC /SCANNOW and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth come to mind)

-Noel