bigmuscle

I'm getting a new convertible laptop (one that you can detach the monitor from, and use as a tablet). Can I install aeroglass on it? Would it work while the machine works as a laptop? (When used as a tablet, obviously it won't work as it will be using the metro interface.) Would there be any issues when detaching or reataching the screen?

I had a computer like that and Aero Glass was nearly unusable on it, because there were flickering artifacts in different parts of the screen. I think it may work in your case, just depends on what kind of graphics card you have.

I'm getting a new convertible laptop (one that you can detach the monitor from, and use as a tablet). Can I install aeroglass on it? Would it work while the machine works as a laptop? (When used as a tablet, obviously it won't work as it will be using the metro interface.) Would there be any issues when detaching or reataching the screen?

I had a computer like that and Aero Glass was nearly unusable on it, because there were flickering artifacts in different parts of the screen. I think it may work in your case, just depends on what kind of graphics card you have.

What graphics card did you have, and which version of Windows and aeroglass? (win 8 or 8.1?)

My laptop only has the inbuilt intel hd 4000, and no discrete graphics.

What graphics card did you have, and which version of Windows and aeroglass? (win 8 or 8.1?)

My laptop only has the inbuilt intel hd 4000, and no discrete graphics.

It was Atom Z2760 (Clover Trail), GPU was PowerVR integrated graphics, Windows 8.1. HD4000 should work just fine.

Hmm. I just had to exchange my hard drive for a new replacement. Honestly, the old one failed in under a year. Luckily, it has a three year warranty. The old one will be sent back to the manufacturer and everything wiped and melted down. I have to return the old one, or I'll be charged quite a bit. So this means that I'll need to generate a new key for my hard drive. Yes, I'm aware that this happened once before, but this is a replacement, not an upgrade. Slightly different part, but the same basic drive. Done that to get it in quicker (exact model would've been backlogged for two weeks). Now, I need to sort things out with my key. Since this will suck more time away from the developer, I am willing to donate again. I will search and read up, then likely edit this post with the new machine code. Is there any way to unregister my old machine code?

Edit: Luckily I appear to have saved the old key to Dropbox. And I also will get you the new machine code. You can always blacklist the old key if you want to. Thanks. Where would it be best for us to discuss this further? And I've tried the key generator for the private codes. Can't seem to remember all the information. Likely I forgot the password.

Edited by MikeRL

We've reached the "it just works fine" stage.

Edit:  Also, the "no one in their right mind is upgrading to Windows 8.1" stage.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

The forum has been strangely quiet recently.

At least, it is not continued to be filled by the mess.

I am extremely busy at this time, so I just quickly read the forum and sometimes try to answer something. I have some Aero Glass ideas in my mind which must be realized very soon, but I am going away for the holidays next week so I am not able to finish it currently.

I would think that no one in his right mind would NOT upgrade to Windows 8.1!

Unfortunately, while those of us with experience and good web research skills have Windows 8.1 running great the thing doesn't seem to be good for the general public.  They're just not buying it!  Even though they can get a great Aero Glass replacement.

If I had never upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.1 - something that a detailed return on investment analysis led me to do, and I have had no surprises - I would probably have accomplished pretty much the same things by now, though I'd know a little less about Windows 8. 

Win 7 was functional, and Win 8.1 is functional - just not more so.  And, importantly, it took more effort to get it to this stage.

I think people don't relish the idea of paying for something that (even after they bend over backwards) really isn't any better at anything than its predecessor.

-Noel

What do you all think when you do superpose multiple windows in Full screen ?

I cannot explain it but it is a bit more ugly with aero glass when i put for exampel chrome and explorer in maximised window on Windows 7 comparé au win 8.1 and Aero Glass.

Any idea, how i could improve that ?

For the rest, no crash at all even with all the latest update, this is really good work Bigmuscle.

Well in getting back on track with a AeroGlass topic, I have posted a "AG Backup and Restore" tool for Windows 8.1 (similar to a Office backup and restore) that I have been using successfully when doing OS reinstalls to save time and avoid the hassle of redownloading symbols, reinstalling the AeroGlass setup , enable registry settings to activate AeroGlass and generating a new key on the same machine.

~DP  :sneaky:

Edit:  Also, the "no one in their right mind is upgrading to Windows 8.1" stage.

-Noel

I would think that no one in his right mind would NOT upgrade to Windows 8.1!

I would think that more would be on Win 8.1 since Windows 8.0 (RTM) is EOS (End of Sale) already.  

LOL, I guess I am Junior now!  What happens when that changes!   :P  :P  :P

You should be able to change your title in your profile. I think it was earlier in this thread, you and another user who are both "Junior" were referred to as "Junior" by two different people. ;)