bigmuscle

Big Muscle, your GUI configuration tool got me to try out white Title Bar text again.  Last time I tried it I didn't do enough to give it a fair chance.  But having a GUI to tweak the color made easy enough to try again.

Doing these other things helped integrate the experience better:

1.  I reworked my theme atlas to have a dark "glow" that's composited behind Title Bar text.

2.  I had to reconfigure Classic Shell's Classic Internet Explorer piece to also make the text white and the "glow" dark.

Since I like fairly transparent borders and since my desktop backgrounds are always dark (astroimages), I think that the white text is actually overall a bit more readable.  It's growing on me.  Thanks again, Big Muscle, for making my desktop a bit easier to use.

Remaining issues where integration is not perfect (not the fault of Aero Glass for Win 8.1):

A.  WIndows with ribbon bars don't composite the title text in the same way as other windows.  I know that a theme change could fix this, but even though I use a custom theme atlas, I have avoided a full-fledged theme replacement so far on the general principle that running less software is better.  I've set Explorer (via Classic Shell's configuration) to show the path in the address bar anyway, and I only rarely use WordPad, so practically speaking it's not that bothersome.

B.  Microsoft Office 365 has rolled its own UI all in its client space and doesn't make the kind of composited borders that Aero Glass works with at all..  So the Title Bar text in Outlook, Word, etc. is still black on a light background, and the windows do not throw shadows.  It's ridiculous of Microsoft to break their own desktop standards this way, and I know of no one who likes the look of Office nowadays.

C.  Visual Studio also has it's own "borderless" UI as well, but at least I can set it to have a dark theme, so it's not as intrusive.  Still, it would be nice if the title text was brighter and the windows threw shadows.

You can see how it comes together here:

AeroGlassWhiteTitles.png

-Noel

Noel, and where you can download this utility which is in the screenshot in the center of the screen (AeroGlass for Win8.x)?

where you can download this utility which is in the screenshot in the center of the screen (AeroGlass for Win8.x)?

Right here in this very thread (post 1656).  It's Big Muscle's own beta version of his GUI configurator tool.

-Noel

thanks for the final. I'll test it :)

Как актевировать Aero Glass for Windows 8.1?
Как пожертвовать что бы мне прислали ключ?
Через PayPal не могу это сделать есть другой способ
подскажите,я новичёк,как свезаться с автором Aero Glass for Windows 8.1?
СПАСИБО!

Hello bigmuscle, I come from China, English is not very good,I want to open private version,because in China can't use paypal donations,today I am to let my friend help with the account that he pay it, direct payment to your account, I give you hair mail, My friend's Payment account is :a511250471@gmail.com    My E-mail is:  suxinran521@hotmail.com

I will check it and then I will add you to the database so you can generate your key on the website.

Waiting for your good news !

Как актевировать Aero Glass for Windows 8.1?
Как пожертвовать что бы мне прислали ключ?
Через PayPal не могу это сделать есть другой способ
подскажите,я новичёк,как свезаться с автором Aero Glass for Windows 8.1?
СПАСИБО!Помогите моя почта deni.sirotenko@yandex.ru
Пожалуйста!

I got everything installed on Win8.1 and it looks great.

I'm trying to change the shading a bit so I set ColorizationColor to 0x114285DD in the HKCU registry key.  The registry value keeps getting set back to 0xAF4285DD.  I tried changing the value in Custom.Theme but that didn't seem to have any affect.  Is there some other location that needs changed to update colors?  Thanks,

John K

Is there some other location that needs changed to update colors?  Thanks,

John K

The normal Windows desktop Personalize - Color dialog is the best way.

-Noel

Is there some other location that needs changed to update colors?  Thanks,

John K

The normal Windows desktop Personalize - Color dialog is the best way.

-Noel

Yep, that did it.  Looks great!

Can the option for RoundRectRadius be updated in the personalize section also or is that a registry change.

Thanks,

John K

where you can download this utility which is in the screenshot in the center of the screen (AeroGlass for Win8.x)?

Right here in this very thread (post 1656).  It's Big Muscle's own beta version of his GUI configurator tool.

-Noel

This utility is compatible with Aero Glass 1.0 RTM for Windows 8.0 or want to upgrade Aero Glass?