bigmuscle

I find it a bit appalling that he's asking for more than that... Taking into account you can get games for that price at Steam Sales for example! Or even other projects that are much more forgiving when it comes to donations. But ok, if it's a bit more than 1€, if you could tell me how much would get me a key by PM I'd much appreciate it.

I don't know how much a euro is worth these days.  Probably not much, but I would donate something like $15 if I could.

That how much I donated before $15 and got few keys.

Edited by daveo76

NOTES:

Aero Glass is loaded with sh-t if you don't donate... :puke:  :puke:  :puke: 

I would like to use Aero Glass without all the sh-t that cames with it, BUT i don't want to donate, i want it for FREE... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Which sh-it do you mean? That all sh-t which comes with your script above which periodically spams all windows with WS_EX_LAYERED message, makes all window content slightly transparent (so you cannot even watch the movie at night, because you see everything beneath), rendering all (even invisible) content on your desktop to totally reduce your PC performance and increase power consumption a lot and with this all, to have only transparent border without any additional features/effects etc.? I can say that your LayeredWindowsHack script is much bigger sh-t than having small watermark on the desktop :whistle:

How to remove colorization totally from the taskbar with glass8?

@bigmuscle

Is it possible to change the taskbar colorization when a window is full screen or dragged under the taskbar? I'm willing to hire you for such a program if possible.

My email: seahorsepip[at]outlook<dot>com

My dA: seahorsepip[dot]deviantart<dot>com

Edited by seahorsepip

You cannot remove colorization from the taskbar only. You can only switch taskbar to the glass mode, then it will automatically derive glass color so you could remove all glass color only. But if I remember correctly, taskbar color change can be done in StartIsBack.

You cannot remove colorization from the taskbar only. You can only switch taskbar to the glass mode, then it will automatically derive glass color so you could remove all glass color only. But if I remember correctly, taskbar color change can be done in StartIsBack.

Any chance to do it without getting the old start menu?

And what about my request for a custom program? I don't mind paying for it.

By the way, I'm just returning to older concern so things finally move on. And it is my GUI application, I didn't have time to finish it yet so I'm just reminding the link http://glass8.eu/stuff/gui.7z

Please, report all its bugs or expected features, so I can finish it and release it :-)

The problem is that this lies beyond the scope of Aero Glass so I don't have appropriate knowledge to make this. It could be probably easy if accent color could be changed, but I'm not sure if it is possible just by altering SetWindowCompositionAttribute arguments (and you would not have glass effect in this case, only pure transparency). Edited by bigmuscle

By the way, I'm just returning to older concern so things finally move on. And it is my GUI application, I didn't have time to finish it yet so I'm just reminding the link http://glass8.eu/stuff/gui.7z

Please, report all its bugs or expected features, so I can finish it and release it :-)

The problem is that this lies beyond the scope of Aero Glass so I don't have appropriate knowledge to make this. It could be probably easy if accent color could be changed, but I'm not sure if it is possible just by altering SetWindowCompositionAttribute arguments (and you would not have glass effect in this case, only pure transparency).

Hmm I understand the problem, just tested start is back and that could lower the colorization transparancy lower then Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Personalisation\Colour and Appearance

What I actually want to do is to copy/remake the chrome os taskbar for my new win8.1 theme.

If that's not possible is it maybe possible to make the taskbar colorization solid when a window is maximized and less transparent when a window is below it?

Edited by seahorsepip

I would like to see a close button.  Right now the only way to close it is with the X in the top right hand corner!

I would like to see a close button.  Right now the only way to close it is with the X in the top right hand corner!

If you are using the theme atlas, you would have to change it to a button using a modified version of the atlas file. It would involve the three X buttons in the picture.

If you are using the theme atlas, you would have to change it to a button using a modified version of the atlas file. It would involve the three X buttons in the picture.

Huh?  I don't see any picture!

GUI seems to work nicely to update things in real time here.  Seems like a nice adjunct to the program.  I like that you can see immediately the changes to the effects in the windows already on the screen.

The Donate tab screen is all blank, I assume on purpose.

I agree with dhjohns, it would be more like known interfaces (and thus easier to use) if it just would save and exit on pressing the [save] button (also it should exit on pressing [Cancel] as well).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Awesome! So, like you said on the website before, are you gonna remove the watermark when the GUI app is finished? I dont care about the nag screen, all i want is for the watermark to get the hell away from my desktop without donation, cause, after all this is a freeware. :)

Awesome! So, like you said on the website before, are you gonna remove the watermark when the GUI app is finished? I dont care about the nag screen, all i want is for the watermark to get the hell away from my desktop without donation, cause, after all this is a freeware. :)

Well, the only thing that Aeroglass is not, is "freeware".

It is not free as in "freedom", nor it is free as in "free beer".

It is a crossbreed between "nagware".and "donationware", but at the end it is a "shareware" in the "nagware" form.

There is nothing inherently "bad" in a "nagware", the tool is the result of Bigmuscle's work :), and he has all the rights in the world (plus one) to manage the distribution and donation, and amount of nagging and pretty much anything else related to his tool whichever way he sees fit :yes:, but let's call things with their name.

jaclaz

Well, the only thing that Aeroglass is not, is "freeware".

It is not free as in "freedom", nor it is free as in "free beer".

It is a crossbreed between "nagware".and "donationware", but at the end it is a "shareware" in the "nagware" form.

There is nothing inherently "bad" in a "nagware", the tool is the result of Bigmuscle's work :), and he has all the rights in the world (plus one) to manage the distribution and donation, and amount of nagging and pretty much anything else related to his tool whichever way he sees fit :yes:, but let's call things with their name.

jaclaz

Yes, exactly! This has been annoying for quite some time. There is excessive, and blatant even, misleading misuse of these terms of "donations" and "freeware." I understand BigMuscle wants to make money, fine, whatever, its his right to do so, and there's nothing wrong with that at all, but I can't really accept the way he exploits the word "donation". At it's core its nagware, and it's not really donations either, because the money is used for removing the nagging for the user. If the donation is truly for development, that's all it should be. Perhaps some added "perks", but restoring artificially limited functionality (removing the nagging) shouldn't be one of them.

tl;dr Don't beat around the bush. Yes you want money, we're happy to give it to you, just stop calling things it's not.

-Also this is coming from a paying customer, and I'm saying this out of love.

/rant

Also unrelated note: The GUI app works so far with no problems. It's working great so far Bigmuscle.

It's nice that so many offer their opinions to try to be helpful, but did it ever occur to you folks that it's just barely possible that legal pressure has been put on the guy that prevents him from selling it or presenting it just the way that would please your idle musings?  You folks have no idea what tactics go on in the real world of competitive commercial products.  Money talks, BS walks.  Microsoft doesn't WANT Aero Glass to be made available.  They took it out on purpose.  And they have a legal department to further their goals.  Think about it.

And what of it?  It's Big Muscle's product to do with as he pleases.  It's not like he's shoveling marketing BS to try to make it sound like it does something it doesn't; just the opposite - it delivers what it says it does where it counts.  Deal with it.

-Noel