bigmuscle

Donations furthering the development of Aero Glass, DosProbie Please stop making me laugh so much... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  , Aero Glass is still the same as it was weeks ago. ;)

~ace2 :whistle:

I thought you chose to stop using it.

There ARE many of us who get a lot of value out of our desktops being easier to use.  As an entrepreneur/engineer I spend probably 12 hours a day in front of my desktop.  You'd better believe something that makes it easier to use has value to me.  Like DosProbie above, I have supported development through both testing and financial donations as well, and I couldn't be happier about the way the product has turned out.  Big Muscle cares about quality, and I'm more than happy to support someone who still does that in this day and age.

So...  If you like the product and can donate a meaningful amount, by all means do so.  If you don't find it provides value, by all means move along and try to contribute positively to something that you DO like.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

NoelC

Yes i have stop using Aero Glass. ;)

But still like to watch / read the circus about Aero Glass, which has no more usefulness other than eye candy, which is why i laugh so much at all the fuss about Aero Glass and Donations. :w00t:

NOTES:
IF you want Aero Glass use windows 7 (it has real Aero Glass) which will not break… :lol: :lol: :lol: 

OR

Install fake Aero Glass on windows 8 than make a Donation and be happy with your Frankenstein Windows 7/8 until it breaks… :realmad:;)

ace2 you shill, nobody got here searching for that awful transparent effect. I remember all those tutorials would say "It's the return of Aero!" and then turn out to be like your sorry excuse for a fix, make everything invisible. Yes that's really great and not visually distracting at all. Looking forward to more emotes from you xDDD

Pixel Eater

Transparent effect is native to windows 8

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000002

Than use WinSet cmd to make it stable.

#NoTrayIcon#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Transparent, 254, AWinWaitNotActive,}

OR

#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Transparent, 254, AWinWaitNotActive,}

What could be more native (Real Aero Glass)… :lol: :lol: :lol::P

Which has nothing to do with anything I said. I don't know if you tried the Windows 8 beta, but it actually had the Aero effects, which even underwent two or three redesigns in the development process, perfecting it. That was native as well, though they just axed it later. Well it looks great. Your "real" "aero" "glass" looks terrible.

NoelC

Yes i have stop using Aero Glass. ;)

But still like to watch / read the circus about Aero Glass, which has no more usefulness other than eye candy, which is why i laugh so much at all the fuss about Aero Glass and Donations. :w00t:

NOTES:

IF you want Aero Glass use windows 7 (it has real Aero Glass) which will not break… :lol: :lol: :lol: 

OR

Install fake Aero Glass on windows 8 than make a Donation and be happy with your Frankenstein Windows 7/8 until it breaks… :realmad:;)

Methinks you are a troll!  lol18485898.JPG?itok=Nx3o3Gvu

Pixel Eater

All Fun And Jokes Aside, the real problem is went MS took the p-ss, and removed aero glass and start menu, no one was willing to let windows 8 fail, we now have to pay / donate for aero glass and a start menu for windows 8, which you have to pay for as well.

If i was going pay / donate for aero glass and a start menu for windows 8, i would PAY MS for the real deal... ;)

NOTES:
So now people have to pay / donate three time, for a Frankenstein Windows 7/8, what a P-SS TAKE. :lol: :lol:  :crazy:

May need to donate again for aero glass after PC upgrades what a P-SS TAKE. :lol: :lol: :sneaky:

I don't know if you tried the Windows 8 beta, but it actually had the Aero effects, which even underwent two or three redesigns in the development process, perfecting it.

That wasn't perfecting anything, it was Microsoft marketing trying to "wean" people off a perfectly good, usable desktop in just one version release to further their evil (and as it turns out foolhardy) plans.  I'm sure those people got bonuses at the time for figuring out a way (Public preview! Yay!) to get people to run several different versions between actual version releases, making it seem like there was a progression and a grand plan, all the while trying to shovel BS into our faces like "digitally authentic" and "that awful skeuomorphism".

And Ace2, I'd like to point out that with a suitable themeatlas.png, Big Muscle's tool re-enables drop shadow, the removal of which was the SINGLE BIGGEST DEGRADATION of the windowing desktop system they made.  A secondary issue is that the "glass" borders tend to step out of the way and stop distracting the user from the client area, which is where all the real work gets done.

I think it's okay if you don't like it.  Staying on Win 7 is a fine idea for now - though you WILL find you get less and less support, just like XP lovers did.  In fact, the market mostly agrees with you - Windows 7 adoption numbers (presumably by previous XP and Vista users) are growing faster than Windows 8's

However, you need to come to grips with the fact that those of us who like to keep current AND have a usable desktop are doing something that's okay too.  If/when it stops working we'll figure out how to do without it.  For now, and into the foreseeable future, it works perfectly and we choose to use it.

WeveGotAeroGlass.png

-Noel

NoelC

we can all choose to use windows 8 and aero glass, and it works perfectly after you have been made to donate... :sneaky:

NOTES:

Aero Glass is loaded with sh-t if you don't donate... :puke:  :puke:  :puke: 

I would like to use Aero Glass without all the sh-t that cames with it, BUT i don't want to donate, i want it for FREE... :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: 

I don't get it :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Why are you in this thread all the time? I can assure you no one got here looking for your advice on sloppy lifehacker tutorials, or hot opinions about chipping in for a feature no one else even managed to implement for a couple years.

How cares what you get.

I am in this thread all the time, because it's fun to read / watch the donation bullying...

I understand why many people would want such a  thing for free. We all feel like something we had and liked was taken away from us, and we wanted it to be returned to us, and not sold to us. This is making Big Muscle look like of an anti-heroe of sorts, while, instead, he could have been beloved and cheered by everyone if he decided to release this as a full freeware.

Some of us were also used to get styling up utilities and themes for free, such as Personalization panel, UnockAero and a bunch of other personalitation software from the 7 era.

But as it's been said, he is free to do whatever he wants with the code he's written, and dunno, maybe he really needs some extra cash and saw on this project an opportunity to earn it. Also he likely doesn't have much experience marketing and serviceing software, or didn't want to take the risk of doing so, so he didn't want to have a more... conventional marketing scheme. And some people really need to GTFO from here.

In another news, I don't have a credit card so It's been kinda difficult to donate, but I'm trying to get a PP recharge from a local gaming website so, if everything goes as planned I'll bring you all a few screencaps pretty soon!

Edited by Miguel_S

What tells me it's worth it is how, surprisingly, it took forever for anyone to even get it to work. I don't know much about how it all worked/works, but I remember thinking back then someone will just copy data off the preview now that they announced Aero is over. Obviously it wasn't that simple, or we'd be inundated with alternatives by now. People probably tip a street performer banging on buckets more than bigmuscle's asking.