bigmuscle

Good point, i forgot about color as i don't use color, just clear glass.  :whistle:

No Problem, but now we all know the settings for clear or color.

~DP :whistle:

Edited by DosProbie

At least, others can see what will happen when using 3rd party tools or scripts which set absurd values to your registry.

that's why I already suggested to you to create an official tool which lets users to configure Glass. You know the expected values.

I don't see the problem that only me knows the expected values, because it is nowhere stated that such absurd value should be set there.

Also, there is an installer since the 1.0 was released and you can still see people creating scripts that edit AppInit_DLLs value. When I published testing version of my GUI utility, how many users did test it? Three? Five? The rest only continued with creating erroneous scripts. Thus I don't think that creating official utility will solve something.

FYI, since the berlios site is no more, how many had the foresight to save a copy of the guide page?

I did.  :)

For reference in the interim while Big Muscle is working on getting a new server, here's the settings table:

SettingsTable.png

I hope you don't mind my posting this, BigMuscle.  If you would rather it not be here, I'll remove it.

-Noel

FYI, since the berlios site is no more, how many had the foresight to save a copy of the guide page?

I did.  :)

For reference in the interim while Big Muscle is working on getting a new server, here's the settings table:

SettingsTable.png

I hope you don't mind my posting this, BigMuscle.  If you would rather it not be here, I'll remove it.

-Noel

On regedit when I go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\" there is no DWM listed in there. How am I able to do those changes 

On regedit when I go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\" there is no DWM listed in there. How am I able to do those changes

You just have to make a DWM key and then the DisableGlassOnBattery DWord. It will automatically set at '0'.

Edited by Wolfshadow

As mentioned above, you're expected to create the key if it doesn't exist.

At one time there were problems with per-user settings not always working, but I think they've been resolved by Big Muscle.

My recommendation is that if you don't understand registry editing implicitly - such as the difference between keys and values and how to create or modify them - then you should do a bit of research.  It's not difficult to do properly with RegEdit, but it's not the kind of thing where you want to poke around and make mistakes, potentially deleting or changing something unexpectedly.  That can trash your system.

In short:  Look for some online tutorials - "how to" information on running RegEdit to edit your registry.

(Not addressed to anyone in particular) If you still find making system changes with RegEdit daunting, perhaps this Aero Glass package isn't something you should be running.

Good luck.

-Noel

c80n

Have a look at WindowBlinds 8, may be what you need. :angel

Pic:

http://s27.postimg.org/nlimdaxeb/Ehco_by_danioc.jpg

This is pretty much the look that I'm going for, though I have tried WindowBlinds in the past and disliked it. Basically what is in the screenshot, with blur in the titlebar section.

Everything else, such as getting rid of the borders graphics, etc I have already done with a theme.

So it is not that you need the three borders besides the titlebar to not have blur, you just want them small enough so that you can't tell whether they have blur or not.  That seems to be a theme related issue.

Cheers and Regards

The problem comes from the fact that Windows 8 borders are still rather wide, even when you set them to a minimum value. That does not happen in Windows 7. The blur is still pretty noticeable. Again, I have already tried making the borders as small as possible, and made them transparent.

You have already been told, several times now, that what you need to do to get it to look the way you want is to get a new theme that's designed to give you the borderless look you want.  Altering border sizes is not something Aero Glass for Win 8.1 does.

Though Big Muscle toyed with this functionality during development, facilitating a theme change is also not within the purview of things that Aero Glass for Win 8.1 does.  

Perhaps starting a separate thread, explaining your wants thoroughly, and requesting just the right theme is something you should try.

FYI, Big Muscle did at one time release a separate tool that could be employed to get Windows to allow a theme change, even against Microsoft's wishes.  I don't know where you can find it; I don't use it myself.

-Noel