bigmuscle

c80n

Have a look at WindowBlinds 8, may be what you need. :angel

Pic:

http://s27.postimg.org/nlimdaxeb/Ehco_by_danioc.jpg

This is pretty much the look that I'm going for, though I have tried WindowBlinds in the past and disliked it. Basically what is in the screenshot, with blur in the titlebar section.

Everything else, such as getting rid of the borders graphics, etc I have already done with a theme.

So it is not that you need the three borders besides the titlebar to not have blur, you just want them small enough so that you can't tell whether they have blur or not.  That seems to be a theme related issue.

Cheers and Regards

George, if you right-click your desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Color link at the bottom-center, have you tried turning down the Color intensity?

What video card and display driver version are you running?

-Noel

Color intensity is at minimum.  Changing that will only bring color to the frames, but does not change the transparency.

I have a dual monitor setup running on an AMD R7 200 series with driver catalyst 13.12

As I move the windows up \ down - it looks like there is a background image with diagonal lines behind the window frame. The diagonal lines start at the top of the screen and go right at the bottom.  These lines or shadows appear to be fixed - they do not move and dragging the windows around will just reveal the position of these lines.

Uhh, glass might think you're on battery for some reason.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Create a DWORD called DisableGlassOnBattery and set the value to 0 and restart DWM.

Thanks for trying to help.

I've checked registry and DisableGlassOnBattery is 0.

I have upgraded the video drivers to the latest version (14.2) and I have somewhat different results.

I no longer have the diagonal lines.  These only appear on firefox and they move together with its window.

Other windows have a solid frame that has a tint related to the background image color.

So I'm getting somewhere.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm running windows 8.1 64bit.

Is there any way to debug this further?

Yes, there is!  Download this:  https://mega.co.nz/#!EQxU2QpS!nyEisY0Uuvhz5t4jWpu0FGXl_zgsQiNzTGPv3tcuhss  AeroglassGUI.exe  and reduce glass reflection intensity under theme and appearance tab!  It works Marvelously! 

Reflection intensity is already at 0%. 

Anything else to try?

George, please consider editing out the excess quoting out on subsequent responses, maybe keeping just the last one or two responses to you.  It's not helpful to have so much.  Anyone wanting to see the entire history of your conversation can easily look back in the thread.

There are only two registry keys I know of from which Aero Glass for Win 8.1 gets control information that would affect the glass reflection intensity.  They are listed in BigMuscle's guide (at least until that berlios site goes offline):

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM (global)
HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM (per-user)

If you have the same Aero Glass for Win 8.1-specific value in both places, I'd suggest removing the per-user setting.

Diagonal lines come from the setting of the ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity registry value.  If it's not there or it IS there but set to 0 you should not have any glass reflection.  I run mine that way - clean and smooth.  

If you still have diagonal lines, then either you're not looking in the right place, you've spelled the registry value name wrong, or you have some other software or theme installed that's somehow overlaying a reflection graphic.  It's as simple as that.  If you don't have the skill to edit your registry directly, you really need to develop it to use this software.

Once you've changed the registry, log off and on again to test it.

-Noel

@George-Z

Try this script to make auto install settings instead of manually, then log-off or reboot when done.

BTW on a diffrent note I posted some interesting benchmarks with Aero Glass

over here ==> http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/171936-system-testing-and-benchmarks/page-2

~DP  :zzz:

' ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity For 8.1 ' http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html' ~DosProbie - 06.04.14' ### RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..  If WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then  Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")  objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _  WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1  Else' ### VARIABLES AND OBJECTS..  On Error Resume Next Dim WshShell Set WshShell=CreateObject("WScript.Shell")' ### ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity Settings Per Big Muscle..'GlobalWshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity","0","REG_DWORD"'Per UserWshShell.RegWrite "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\ColorizationGlassReflectionIntensity","0","REG_DWORD"' ### REFRESH DWM.. Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") WshShell.Run "Taskkill /F /T /IM dwm.exe",1,TRUE  End If WScript.Quit()
Edited by DosProbie

Guys, is not working :-(

I have corners and glow but no transparency.

I checked manually and also executed the above script.

Here is what I have now in my registry.  You can also see that my window frame is not transparent.

post-393748-0-81095000-1401896350_thumb.

I run "classic start menu".  But I do not think this creates my problem.

Can you point to a theme that you know it works?

Good, thanks for your screenshots. At least, others can see what will happen when using 3rd party tools or scripts which set absurd values to your registry. Just a hint - when zero blur deviation makes the border fully transparent, what do you think that happen when the value is absurdly high?

Guys, is not working :-(

I have corners and glow but no transparency.

I checked manually and also executed the above script.

Here is what I have now in my registry.  You can also see that my window frame is not transparent.

attachicon.gifdwm.jpg

I run "classic start menu".  But I do not think this creates my problem.

Can you point to a theme that you know it works?

Look at your BlurDeviation value: 0x80000001 - it too big! It can be from 1 to 100 decimal or from 1 to 64 hex. Try to set it 0x0000001e (it's default value = 30 in dec).

Edited by CKyHC

George-Z

NO Blur:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000000

Blur:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000030

Hurray!

That was it!  It works now.  Donation on the way ...

BTW Is glass application-dependant?

Firefox refuses to be transparent.

Here is in comparisson with chrome

post-393748-0-41667300-1401904240_thumb.

Hurray!

That was it!  It works now.  Donation on the way ...

BTW Is glass application-dependant?

attachicon.gifaero-glass-2.jpg

I don't know about Firefox, but in Chrome (i use Iron) you can find in store theme for Chrome with semitransparent tabs same as border of window.

post-374187-0-34370300-1401909122_thumb.

Edited by CKyHC

attachicon.gifaero-glass-2.jpg

Google Chrome and Firefox installed same way as any other program.

Google Chrome:

Firefox:

NOTES:

I can also make Google Chrome and Firefox Title bars transparent with these settings

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000000

OR

This one is for Clear Glass (No color).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"BlurDeviation"=dword:00000000"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000002

With DWMGlass.dll. ;)

Edited by ace2

@ace2

I have same settings Except for the ColorizationGlassAttribute which is set to 1 if I set to 2 as yours it loses my custom color in taskbar and is totally clear.

~DP :whistle:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000001

@ace2

I have same settings Except for the ColorizationGlassAttribute which is set to 1 if I set to 2 as yours it loses my custom color in taskbar and is totally clear.

~DP :whistle:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000001

Good point, i forgot about color as i don't use color, just clear glass. :whistle: