bigmuscle

I held off donating for a couple day since the site was gong to change and there was a chance it would get lost in the change. I planed to donate June 1st to avoid any problems. Now I don't see where to make a donation. Any help pointing to the right place, please? 

I don't understand why people want this to be enable on battery power. When it uses more power

I have glass enabled on battery on my laptop and notice ZERO difference in battery consumption vs glass being disabled.

Don't believe the MS party line about why they gutted glass from the Win 8 UI, it had nothing to do with power usage, but everything to do with tablets having crap GPU's.

Edited by Chris123NT

Sorry, I did not word my sentence correctly.

What I meant by removing borders is to remove the right and left borders. Perhaps the bottom one as well, but basically those two. Leaving titlebar with blur.

I'm asking this because I want to remove said borders whilst keeping glass effect, and the closest thing I've archieved is to hide the blur slightly, but it's there. I tried setting corner radius but obviously that accomplishes something else entirely.

Anyway thanks for answering.

Is this what you want?

I've already done that, however you can't remove the border entirely. I guess you're aware of that.

c80n

Maybe some thing like this:

PICS:

http://s27.postimg.org/60yssi36r/No_Borders.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/cmbe56v7r/No_Borders2.jpg

ONLY codes i could find, Sorry no codes to keep Title bars: :}

http://hackerspace.lifehacker.com/removing-the-windows-title-bar-with-autohotkey-1015709275

#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, AWinWaitNotActive,}

OR

#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, AWinWaitNotActive,}

I've been looking and you're right, there's no method to delete the right and left borders specifically, which is a shame because that's what I need. Still, I didn't know you can remove titlebar. I might take that into account next time. Thanks.

What I want is not to remove borders in the sense of getting rid of them entirely. What I need is to remove the blur effect in them. That's all I need, something like making them completely invisible. Of course it would be far better if they were gone, but I already did my research and I'm pretty sure there's no way to do that at the moment, which is why I want to do this workaround.

Again thanks you for helping me out.

c80n

From some themes I've played with, the artists will have a separate registry file that tweaks the metrics of the windows An example is http://www.deviantart.com/art/Concave-VS-8-1-450314266 . Others have it coded into the msstyles file.

You may want to research into 'WindowMetrics' on information to create your own .reg file. But back up the original first (had to be said).

I don't understand why people want this to be enable on battery power. When it uses more power

I have glass enabled on battery on my laptop and notice ZERO difference in battery consumption vs glass being disabled.

Don't believe the MS party line about why they gutted glass from the Win 8 UI, it had nothing to do with power usage, but everything to do with tablets having crap GPU's.

I have noticed ZERO difference as well, plus I enjoy having the "Full Aero Glass Experience" both way plugged or unplugged..DP :whistle:

I have noticed ZERO difference as well, plus I enjoy having the "Full Aero Glass Experience" both way plugged or unplugged..DP :whistle:

On Windows Vista and 7 the aero glass turns off when running on battery. Also BigMuscle made it to switch off on battery. Must be reason for him to do it that way

@daveeo76 "On Windows Vista and 7 the aero glass turns off when running on battery. Also BigMuscle made it to switch off on battery. Must be reason for him to do it that way"

I have dual boot on my lap and aero glass works just fine with 7 when running on battery. :w00t:

Edited by DosProbie

What I need is to remove the blur effect in them.

Simply set BlurDeviation to zero.

If I understand him correctly, he is trying to make the right and left borders transparent, and maybe the bottom as well, but he wants to continue to have blur in the top titlebar. Seems strange to me, but to each his own. :) I just don't know if it is possible at all.

You talking about removing the blurring?

What I meant by removing borders is to remove the right and left borders. Perhaps the bottom one as well, but basically those two. Leaving titlebar with blur.

Doesn't BlurDeviation effect the borders and titlebar equally?

Cheers and Regards

Hello,

First of all I'd like to thank you for developing the software it's working wonderfully. I'd like to know where can I donate (so I can remove the popup at system startup and the watermark on the desktop), The website support page has the PayPal donate button commented out.

Is there another method to get the program out of restricted mode?

Thank you,

Balint

George, if you right-click your desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Color link at the bottom-center, have you tried turning down the Color intensity?

What video card and display driver version are you running?

-Noel

Color intensity is at minimum.  Changing that will only bring color to the frames, but does not change the transparency.

I have a dual monitor setup running on an AMD R7 200 series with driver catalyst 13.12

As I move the windows up \ down - it looks like there is a background image with diagonal lines behind the window frame. The diagonal lines start at the top of the screen and go right at the bottom.  These lines or shadows appear to be fixed - they do not move and dragging the windows around will just reveal the position of these lines.

Uhh, glass might think you're on battery for some reason.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Create a DWORD called DisableGlassOnBattery and set the value to 0 and restart DWM.

Thanks for trying to help.

I've checked registry and DisableGlassOnBattery is 0.

I have upgraded the video drivers to the latest version (14.2) and I have somewhat different results.

I no longer have the diagonal lines.  These only appear on firefox and they move together with its window.

Other windows have a solid frame that has a tint related to the background image color.

So I'm getting somewhere.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm running windows 8.1 64bit.

Is there any way to debug this further?

Edited by George-Z

George, if you right-click your desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Color link at the bottom-center, have you tried turning down the Color intensity?

What video card and display driver version are you running?

-Noel

Color intensity is at minimum.  Changing that will only bring color to the frames, but does not change the transparency.

I have a dual monitor setup running on an AMD R7 200 series with driver catalyst 13.12

As I move the windows up \ down - it looks like there is a background image with diagonal lines behind the window frame. The diagonal lines start at the top of the screen and go right at the bottom.  These lines or shadows appear to be fixed - they do not move and dragging the windows around will just reveal the position of these lines.

Uhh, glass might think you're on battery for some reason.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Create a DWORD called DisableGlassOnBattery and set the value to 0 and restart DWM.

Thanks for trying to help.

I've checked registry and DisableGlassOnBattery is 0.

I have upgraded the video drivers to the latest version (14.2) and I have somewhat different results.

I no longer have the diagonal lines.  These only appear on firefox and they move together with its window.

Other windows have a solid frame that has a tint related to the background image color.

So I'm getting somewhere.

I don't know if I mentioned it but I'm running windows 8.1 64bit.

Is there any way to debug this further?

Yes, there is!  Download this:  https://mega.co.nz/#!EQxU2QpS!nyEisY0Uuvhz5t4jWpu0FGXl_zgsQiNzTGPv3tcuhss  AeroglassGUI.exe  and reduce glass reflection intensity under theme and appearance tab!  It works Marvelously! 

c80n

Have a look at WindowBlinds 8, may be what you need. :angel

Pic:

http://s27.postimg.org/nlimdaxeb/Ehco_by_danioc.jpg

This is pretty much the look that I'm going for, though I have tried WindowBlinds in the past and disliked it. Basically what is in the screenshot, with blur in the titlebar section.

Everything else, such as getting rid of the borders graphics, etc I have already done with a theme.