bigmuscle

I installed aero glass on the new laptop, then I transferred over the licence key file from my current desktop (in which I have no issues with the program) to the folder on the laptop and the watermark was still there.  I then tried to download the key from the website using the email address, but I can't even download the key from the website anymore.  It says "Temporarily disabled due to internal maintenance".

A license works on a machine code. Each computers has different machine code. You have to donate again. Like with me I'm not able to access my unused keys until BigMuscle finds a server to use

Sorry, I did not word my sentence correctly.

What I meant by removing borders is to remove the right and left borders. Perhaps the bottom one as well, but basically those two. Leaving titlebar with blur.

I'm asking this because I want to remove said borders whilst keeping glass effect, and the closest thing I've archieved is to hide the blur slightly, but it's there. I tried setting corner radius but obviously that accomplishes something else entirely.

Anyway thanks for answering.

Is this what you want?

c80n

Maybe some thing like this:

PICS:
http://s27.postimg.org/60yssi36r/No_Borders.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/cmbe56v7r/No_Borders2.jpg

ONLY codes i could find, Sorry no codes to keep Title bars: :}

http://hackerspace.lifehacker.com/removing-the-windows-title-bar-with-autohotkey-1015709275

#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, AWinWaitNotActive,}

OR

#NoEnvLOOP{WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, AWinWaitNotActive,}
Edited by ace2

I have installed version 1.2.5 and downloaded symbols based on the instractions.

But, although I have rounded corners, borders are far from transparent.

All window frames are gray and the color does not change if the window is inactive.

Debug log last entry is this: "Account error: 122 - The data area passed to a system call is too small.

post-393748-0-03375300-1401626089_thumb.

What must I do next?

Edited by George-Z

George, if you right-click your desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Color link at the bottom-center, have you tried turning down the Color intensity?

What video card and display driver version are you running?

-Noel

I have installed version 1.2.5 and downloaded symbols based on the instractions.

But, although I have rounded corners, borders are far from transparent.

All window frames are gray and the color does not change if the window is inactive.

Debug log last entry is this: "Account error: 122 - The data area passed to a system call is too small.

attachicon.gifaero-test.jpg

What must I do next?

Try this program, Aeroblend.  I use it!  http://www.carthagosoft.net/AeroBlend.php

Sorry, I did not word my sentence correctly.

What I meant by removing borders is to remove the right and left borders. Perhaps the bottom one as well, but basically those two. Leaving titlebar with blur.

I'm asking this because I want to remove said borders whilst keeping glass effect, and the closest thing I've archieved is to hide the blur slightly, but it's there. I tried setting corner radius but obviously that accomplishes something else entirely.

Anyway thanks for answering.

It's possible you might find a 3rd party theme replacement that would eliminate the bottom and side borders entirely, though I haven't sensed much of a desire for that.

I too like minimal chrome around windows, and so I have imported into Windows 8.1 an HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics registry key that I set up by using the control panel on a Windows 7 system.  On the Win 7 system as I recall I set the Border Padding to 0, and the Active Title Bar and Caption Buttons sizes to 17.

MinimalChrome.png

As you can see, when the Color Intensity is turned down in the Windows 8.1 control panel, the above borders become pretty non-intrusive on a dark background.  They would be even more so if I didn't have a themeatlas.png replacement that lightens the outer edges a bit.

-Noel

George, if you right-click your desktop and choose Personalize, then click the Color link at the bottom-center, have you tried turning down the Color intensity?

-Noel

Color intensity is at minimum.  Changing that will only bring color to the frames, but does not change the transparency.

I have a dual monitor setup running on an AMD R7 200 series with driver catalyst 13.12

As I move the windows up \ down - it looks like there is a background image with diagonal lines behind the window frame. The diagonal lines start at the top of the screen and go right at the bottom.  These lines or shadows appear to be fixed - they do not move and dragging the windows around will just reveal the position of these lines.

Hi, is there any word on when donations and lookups will be back online? I donated back in february, did a BIOS update today which caused the machine key to change.

Thanks,

Scott

Also, BM says that people should not donate just with the purpose of getting activation keys, but as a way to support the projetc. But I think he should keep in mind that, even if that's true, even if people donates to support his project it's mainly because they are hopeful that, at some point, there will be a finished version they and other people can use and not simply because it's a good, noble cause that requires charity.

I already explained this some time ago. The real problem lies in the technique how this utility is implemented. People should realize that it is very low-level thing which tries to reimplemented Aero Glass effect in almost exact way as it was implemented in Win7/Win8 RP. Many undocumented API is used etc., so it may happen that one day it will be almost impossible to reimplement it in some future version of DWM. Although it was a bit "easy" to reimplement it in Win8, it was very difficult to make it fully work in Win8.1. Thus people should realize that their money don't ensure that this application will be always 100% fully working, because they bough it, but they are donating because "I will try to do all my best to make it work".

Hi, is there any word on when donations and lookups will be back online? I donated back in february, did a BIOS update today which caused the machine key to change.

Thanks,

Scott

Hello, actually it does not depends on me but on the new webhoster. I will inform here, but I hope it won't be more than one week ;-)

-Noel

Color intensity is at minimum.  Changing that will only bring color to the frames, but does not change the transparency.

I have a dual monitor setup running on an AMD R7 200 series with driver catalyst 13.12

As I move the windows up \ down - it looks like there is a background image with diagonal lines behind the window frame. The diagonal lines start at the top of the screen and go right at the bottom.  These lines or shadows appear to be fixed - they do not move and dragging the windows around will just reveal the position of these lines.

Uhh, glass might think you're on battery for some reason.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

Create a DWORD called DisableGlassOnBattery and set the value to 0 and restart DWM.

If you just want to enable with battery then refresh dwm then you can use the below EnableBattery.vbs script

' Enable Aero with Battery For 8.1 ' http://glass8.berlios.de/' ~DosProbie - 05.31.14' ### RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR..  If WScript.Arguments.length =0 Then  Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")  objShell.ShellExecute "wscript.exe", Chr(34) & _  WScript.ScriptFullName & Chr(34) & " uac", "", "runas", 1  Else' ### VARIABLES AND OBJECTS..  On Error Resume Next Dim WshShell Set WshShell=CreateObject("WScript.Shell")' ### ENABLE AERO GLASS WITH BATTERY PWR.. WshShell.RegWrite "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM\DisableGlassOnBattery","0","REG_DWORD"' ### REFRESH DWM.. Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") WshShell.Run "Taskkill /F /T /IM dwm.exe",1,TRUE  End If WScript.Quit()
Edited by DosProbie

Why the hell people still advise to modify AppInit_DLLs registry key? No wonder that there is many complains about black screen then :-/

btw, it is possible to connect to the database again, so I temporarily enable the login into the profile so users can generate their keys. New donations are still disabled and will be enabled on new website, because I cannot currently ensure that the donations are correctly written into the BerliOS database. Also remember, that connection to BerliOS DB can be suspended at any moment.

Edited by bigmuscle