bigmuscle

I don't think vanilla 8.1 bumps the title over though.

Actually, though it's been a long time since I used Win 8.1 in a "vanilla" fashion, I do remember that it centers the title between the rightmost tab that intrudes into the title bar and the caption buttons.

Perhaps it's a boon that I can't really see the title now.  I can't sense it jumping.  "That's not a bug, that's a feature".  LOL :-)

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

Hello big mucle I would like to donate to the program Aero glass windows 8.1 and obtain private version, but on the web BerliOS not there any site to donate. Greetingsand thanks for your great work

BerliOS has closed it server down. BigMuscle has mentioned this before. He trying to find another server which takes time

I donated a while ago for few keys. I never had a single problem with your Aero Glass. Never affects my Windows Updates. Im using Windows 8.1 Update 1. Keep up the good work. It hardly cost much at all just for 1 key. Don't why people saying there not able to afford the donation

Edited by daveo76

It might help if you could make a screen video showing the effect

Here is a screenshot at least. I wouldn't mind the glow missing so much as the alignment jumping around every other directory.

Pf4oDN3.png

Thank you NoelC for the detailed description. So does everyone's text go out of alignment?

EDIT: I just realized the file you have highlighted, and whether it pops up one of those tabs like 'Picture Tools' is the culprit. I don't think vanilla 8.1 bumps the title over though.

It is definitely not the theme. I have "windows_floating_for_windows_8_1_1__may_27__2014__by_double_rainbow_ei8ht" on mine and just uninstalled OldNewExplorer, and the text jumps with the pop-up tabs when using the ribbon toolbar feature. Using ONE with a regular toolbar will eliminate this behavior if you do not use or want the ribbon.

Thanks for tipping me off about ONE, Wolfshadow.

I see glow is actually working for your directories dhjohns. Do you know if you did anything specific, or has it always worked?

Any time... :yes:

In my experience, the glow can be theme specific depending on how it is created. I have Windows Floating for 8.1.1 from  http://www.deviantart.com/art/Windows-Floating-for-Windows-8-1-1-May-27-2014-456874063 and have glow in all the windows.

Generating keys is not currently possible because BerliOS developer website is being closed and it is not possible to connect to their database from the outside. I am going to buy external hosting for this software and will set it up there, just please be patient, it can take some time.

Can we have new notifications and watermarks during that time?

Just send him 10 or 20 Euros and get a key already.  You wasted more than that in time to write your complaint.

It's truly professional quality software, without having an expensive professional marketing and legal department to spoon feed it to dummies.

-Noel

Nobody complains of the software. Its the donation thingy. I would consider to purchase the software but I don´t donate to someone who even tortured his testers with permanent "its my work" notifications as if it isn´t enough to risk the Windows setup by installing unfinished software in favor of the developer, who even destroys the final versions with his notifications and watermarks as if this piece of software wasn´t for the eyes. Maybe he doesn´t like guys who installed his alphas and betas for their own reasons only and destroyed even the finals for that reason but he´s the whiner then :whistle:

Edited by Sheldon

I see glow is actually working for your directories dhjohns. Do you know if you did anything specific, or has it always worked?

Glow is determined by the theme and the settings you use for TextGlowMode in the registry (found on the guide). I also have glow on all my windows, including Windows Explorer, CMD, Notepad, Wordpad, Paint, etc.

I also use the Ribbon 8.1.1 theme and use Clover for Chrome-like tabs in Explorer.

http://puu.sh/98H8q/40bf5dfed4.jpg

It has always worked.  One thing I do use is AeroGlassGUI.exe.   I can not remember for the life of me where I got it, but it may have been from this forum.  Here is a link to it!  https://mega.co.nz/#!EQxU2QpS!nyEisY0Uuvhz5t4jWpu0FGXl_zgsQiNzTGPv3tcuhss

Edited by dhjohns

This is a great little app. I'm coming from windows 7 to 8.1 for the first time as my primary OS, and this is a huge help. Any ETA on when the donation system will be functional?