bigmuscle

What system architecture do you use? I have tried x64, no new updates are present and Aero Glass still works even without the need to download the symbols.

Works now! [x64] It seems all i had to do was to cool restart Windows!

Thanks!

ff

First load is a bummer if you hadnt preloaded the spring dll. I found it worked best for me just letting it log out and slow down. Then i could type in everything fast enough and hold the title bar with the mouse to keep it from reloading in between

EDIT : AEROGLASS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OF THAT BUG ... :S :( still have to look what's wrong with that system grrrrr

Hello,

Recently i upgraded my classic sata hard drive to an ssd and i got a serious bug, it took me 2 days to find out that Aeroglass was the responsible of that bug. 

The bug : 
The system freeze completely after some random time, and i have to force power off, only mouse still work and some opened apps but nothing else, explorer get frozen, it's like i removed my SSD while the system is working or some thing similar, i managed to kill aerohose.exe and dwm.exe (kill aerohose + kill & auto re run dwm) but did not change nothing to the freeze had to force power off 
The first time the system froze i get my partition table erased !!!!!!!!!!

History :
After migrating my system from HDD so SSD, the machine ID changed, i generated a new key, and it's accepted by aeroglass

System Config : 
- System : Win 8.1
- Ram : 8 GB 
- SSD : Crucial 1024 Go
- Controller : Intel AHCI SATA 
- Sring Update : Not installed 
- Aeroglass version : 1.2.1.0 (not the update 1 debug version) 

Windows event log : 
- NTFS Failure
- Service Control Manager : UAC Error 
- Service Control Manager : WTCSys Error 
- ShellHWDetection : Error/Failure 
- DCOM (DistributedCOM) : TermService Error 
- Side by side error when running some applications
- got most applications completely frozen without log 
- if an application was writing something to the disk , the file get corrupted and no more usable
- if the bug happen when installing/repairing an application, the application would not start anymore and i get an odd windows error. telling that it could not launch the application (Side by side error) 

AeroGlass Debug :
[NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][2014-05-06 13:05:41][0x728:0x72C] Installing DWM hook......[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC293, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC3CB, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC3A5, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL]

Please Help :

i did not start trying solve the problem because i had to recover plenty of lost stuff... now that i identified that the bug is coming from AeroGlass,

i just renamed c:\Aeroglass to avoid running ... 

First i will install windows spring update as it's now released and start trying to solve from there... i never saw an ms system full of sh** like that.

Please help if you have any advice,

thanks

Edited by intika

Indeed a good idea.

Is there any way to a** some transparency to this blur ? I am really looking for a similar effect as Windows 7.

Thanks.

Blurred Taskbar when using Aero Glass for Win8.1 without ANY 3rd PARTY TOOLS:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170850-aero-glass-for-win81-121/page-19#entry1067659

OR

StartIsBack:

http://startisback.com/#download-tab

OR

Taskbar Blur Toggle 0.2.0:

http://dblake1.deviantart.com/art/Taskbar-Blur-Toggle-0-2-0-412358153

They will give you Blur and Transparency also when using Aero Glass for Win8.1.

NOTES:

Taskbar Blur Toggle 0.2.0 WORKS WELL WITH aerolite HACK.

Opaque Taskbar DOES NOT WORK WITH aerolite HACK, IT MAKES THE TASKBAR BLACK.

Really thanks a lot for this excellent explination.

Unfortunately, the blur has nothing close with Windows 8 and Aero Blur, is there a way to improve that ?

I only have tested Taskbar Blur Toggle until now and Startisback.

EDIT : AEROGLASS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OF THAT BUG ... :S :( still have to look what's wrong with that system grrrrr

Hello,

Recently i upgraded my classic sata hard drive to an ssd and i got a serious bug, it took me 2 days to find out that Aeroglass was the responsible of that bug. 

The bug : 
The system freeze completely after some random time, and i have to force power off, only mouse still work and some opened apps but nothing else, explorer get frozen, it's like i removed my SSD while the system is working or some thing similar, i managed to kill aerohose.exe and dwm.exe (kill aerohose + kill & auto re run dwm) but did not change nothing to the freeze had to force power off 

History :
After migrating my system from HDD so SSD, the machine ID changed, i generated a new key, and it's accepted by aeroglass

System Config : 

Windows event log : 
- NTFS Failure
- if an application was writing something to the disk , the file get corrupted and no more usable
- if the bug happen when installing/repairing an application, the application would not start anymore and i get an odd windows error. telling that it could not launch the application (Side by side error) 

AeroGlass Debug :
[NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][2014-05-06 13:05:41][0x728:0x72C] Installing DWM hook......[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC293, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC3CB, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[2014-05-06 15:47:59][0x3EC:0x3F0] Message 0xC3A5, wparam = 0, lparam = 591575982[NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL][NUL]

Please Help :

i did not start trying solve the problem because i had to recover plenty of lost stuff... now that i identified that the bug is coming from AeroGlass,

First i will install windows spring update as it's now released and start trying to solve from there... i never saw an ms system full of sh** like that.

thanks

Hmm, Just an idea, but doesn't windows run Trim on SSDs? That could be another source of headaches. You may want to also check if there are any problems with Windows 8.1 on the Crucial web site also.

Hello,

The bug : 

History :

System Config : 

Windows event log : 
- NTFS Failure

AeroGlass Debug :

Please Help :

thanks

About a week have same problem but after update 1 of Windows 8.1 and updating firmware of my SSD SP Velox V30. After some time when PC is idle or seeing videos my SSD disables and all freezes only mouse and keyboard works and opened windows. If wait about 2 min i got a BSOD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" or "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" whithout dump.Read and looking for reasons but i find only 2 things that can do this:

1. Hardware problem (broken something) - but i don't think so, because of problem is only on idle PC. On full use (games etc.) no problems.

2. Driver(s) issue - some driver works not right in Windows 8.1.1. Maybe they don't support low power states after update of Windows.

I think the problem causes by 2nd variant. When i update my Windows 8.1 my sound card don't works until i install a new driver. I think MS change something in Windows 8.1 core and all drivers needs to be verified and updated or changed to standard MS driver if no update especcially for drivers designed for previous Windows. All programs that works with it's own drivers needs to be update or reinstalled at least.

1st i think that problem in TRIM of my SSD. But all tests of my SSD even make full surface test - no errors. Run TRIM manually - all works perfectly.

Edited by CKyHC

My suggestion:  Visit forums dedicated to problem solving and tuning SSD operations.

I have no idea whether Crucial has good support, but one of the factors that influenced my decision to buy OCZ brand SSDs was the EXCELLENT support given by both OCZ and non-OCZ personnel on their online forum.  I saw people reporting problems, sure, but I also saw them being solved.

A recurring theme on the forums is that not every system responds well to the installation of an SSD.  In many cases advice comes from experts to clear CMOS, reset BIOS parameters to certain settings, etc. and it does tend to solve SSD problems.

And you might even just have a malfunctioning SSD drive.

Chances are the problems you're seeing are unrelated to Aero Glass for Win 8.1.

-Noel

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 1.2.5

* hardcoded symbol patterns for Win8.1 Spring2014 update

* some minor fixes

* added setup option to adjust access permissions for those who don't know how to set them on their own.

I wanted to make a donation again. I done it before ages ago but got a different computer now. I got this message "The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number." when I tried to donate 10 EUR ($AUD14.86). I think it because paypal has blocked my account. How am I surpose to donate when you only accept paypal. It would be good if you accepted credit card

bigmuscle this update works fine for me, only thing worth pointing out is that after the upgrade, even with RoundRectRadius set to 0 i still have rounded corners on all windows, and this is with the default theme

edit: ok so changing themeatlas files fixed it, i'll now switch back to the one it was on before the upgrade and see if it will now display it correctly

edit2: ok so with NoelC's themeatlas i get rounded corners no matter what settings i use, is it supposed to be that way?

Edited by truexfan81

bigmuscle this update works fine for me, only thing worth pointing out is that after the upgrade, even with RoundRectRadius set to 0 i still have rounded corners on all windows, and this is with the default theme

edit: ok so changing themeatlas files fixed it, i'll now switch back to the one it was on before the upgrade and see if it will now display it correctly

edit2: ok so with NoelC's themeatlas i get rounded corners no matter what settings i use, is it supposed to be that way?

If your theme has rounded textures then, of course, this rounding will be visible when such texture is rendered on the screen.