bigmuscle

Until this weekend I had no problem with aero glass and I have donated months ago, before these convoluted donation pages.

This weekend I have reinstalled Windows on my computer and after that I noticed that my donation key would not work at all.

[2014-04-11 23:37:00][0x2FC:0xE14] Donation key error: 0x80090006

So I contacted bigmuscle via pm and guess what happened? He simply read the messages and would not answer at all, so just ignoring the problem.

I'm not the first with this thing, because there were others in this forum who had problems after upgrading or reinstalling Windows etc. so I wrote a pm to one of them and he said that he got ignored too.

So I would like to say thanks for nothing and for the others: draw the conclusion.

@bigmuscle

I'm still waiting for your answer with the solution, even if your site now says that we are eligible for nothing and have no rights at all, except sending money to you.

The only way your donation key will stop working is if you changed the hardware it is bound to. Either your hard drive or your CPU.

Window 8.1 Spring Update + AeroGlass 1.2.1 + StartisBack + OldNewExplorer + LongHorn Evolution 8.1 version 491

Sweet..! :hello::thumbup

How did you manage to get glass in this area?attachicon.gifpost-387566-0-72739400-1397319016.jpg

If you donwload and install OldNewExplorer 1.7 and install it and then use the LongHorn Evolution theme frome DeviantArt, it will add glass to folder and Browser frames..!

Katsinwater

You will needed DWMGlass.dll for glass, Setting in OldNewExplorer 1.7 will let you see glass on Folder and Browser frames in MOST themes, NOT just LongHorn Evolution theme.

NOTES:

Need DWMGlass.dll and OldNewExplorer 1.7 for this to work.

Until this weekend I had no problem with aero glass and I have donated months ago, before these convoluted donation pages.

This weekend I have reinstalled Windows on my computer and after that I noticed that my donation key would not work at all.

[2014-04-11 23:37:00][0x2FC:0xE14] Donation key error: 0x80090006

So I contacted bigmuscle via pm and guess what happened? He simply read the messages and would not answer at all, so just ignoring the problem.

I'm not the first with this thing, because there were others in this forum who had problems after upgrading or reinstalling Windows etc. so I wrote a pm to one of them and he said that he got ignored too.

So I would like to say thanks for nothing and for the others: draw the conclusion.

@bigmuscle

I'm still waiting for your answer with the solution, even if your site now says that we are eligible for nothing and have no rights at all, except sending money to you.

The only way your donation key will stop working is if you changed the hardware it is bound to. Either your hard drive or your CPU.

I know this and it cannot be changed in my case, because it's a notebook, so it's integrated besides it has warranty, therefore I don't want to change anything.

If you actually read info on his site and this thread you would know the License dies if you change hardware and you can generate a new License automatically without bothering him.

That would have took less effort to do so than post the 3 moaning posts here.

Just between us chickens, ferob, having an attitude will get you, well, ignored. Nobody owes you anything, and when you act like they do... You see how well that works out. On the other hand, being humble and helping others whenever possible often works out better. Just my 2 cents.

You wrote:

This weekend I have reinstalled Windows on my computer

Interesting. So it sounds like one cost of managing your system carelessly and ultimately having to reinstall the OS is an unexpected change to the Aero Glass machine code. That's not too surprising I guess. Probably your drive got assigned a different serial number when you formatted it.

I know it's water under the bridge already, but do you do system image backups? Make a System Recovery drive? It is possible to keep Windows running fine virtually forever if you're careful, and you can restore it if you get into trouble (vs. throwing everything away and starting over).

Until I installed Windows 8.1 I ran the very same Windows 7 installation I first put in in 2009 when Windows 7 first came out. I even restored it to replacement hardware on two different occasions. It was working perfectly until the day I shut it down. It's doable. Now Windows 8.1 is as stable and nimble as the day I installed it (geez, was that 6 months ago already?!?).

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

@NoelC

Thanks for your answer, I really appreciate it.

Well, at first, when I contacted him, I wrote down my problem, attached the log and the HDDdetector output and kindly asked for help, but I got no answer at all, so next day I wrote a new message and asked if he need anything else to help, but you know, after three days when I got no answer, while he read all my messages in an hour, I couldn't do anything else, so I just searched again at the forum and asked others who had the same problem, but they got ignored too and couldn't give me a solution.

Unfortunately, I started over from scratch, so I don't have any system backup, but I asked him about the recreated partitions too, if that could be a problem, but until your post I was not sure at all.

The problem is that you can read everywhere that you are okay with your key, until you physically change your HDD or CPU, but it's nowhere stated that by formatting your drive you will get the same effect and that can be solved only if you donate again.

Katsinwater

You will needed DWMGlass.dll for glass, Setting in OldNewExplorer 1.7 will let you see glass on Folder and Browser frames in MOST themes, NOT just LongHorn Evolution theme.

NOTES:

Need DWMGlass.dll and OldNewExplorer 1.7 for this to work.

Window 8.1 Spring Update + AeroGlass 1.2.1 + StartisBack + OldNewExplorer + LongHorn Evolution 8.1 version 491

Sweet..! :hello::thumbup

How did you manage to get glass in this area?attachicon.gifpost-387566-0-72739400-1397319016.jpg

If you donwload and install OldNewExplorer 1.7 and install it and then use the LongHorn Evolution theme frome DeviantArt, it will add glass to folder and Browser frames..!

Thanks. I have it now. I already have the programs, but guess I did not check the glass option in ONE.

Edited by Wolfshadow

Just for clarification - I read every message which I received but I am very busy and not have much time to answer them immediately. Sometimes it takes one day, sometimes more days, there are even messages older more then a week which I didn't managed to respond to them yet. I'm trying to solve any problem but if and only if I have time. Simple... if someone thinks that I will sit here for 24 hours per day and will respond to any message immediately and if I don't respond to him, he starts making a scene, then yes, I will not hurry with answering him.

Just for clarification - I read every message which I received but I am very busy and not have much time to answer them immediately. Sometimes it takes one day, sometimes more days, there are even messages older more then a week which I didn't managed to respond to them yet. I'm trying to solve any problem but if and only if I have time. Simple... if someone thinks that I will sit here for 24 hours per day and will respond to any message immediately and if I don't respond to him, he starts making a scene, then yes, I will not hurry with answering him.

if only the forum had a like button -_-

Aero Glass is fully working on Windows 8.1 Update 1 -> fully shits..

I have updated to 8.1 Update 1, and still crashing my system with "glass8 is not compatible with your DWM version" or something like that....

Why you still lie peoples ?!

Aero Glass is fully working on Windows 8.1 Update 1 -> fully s***s..

I have updated to 8.1 Update 1, and still crashing my system with "glass8 is not compatible with your DWM version" or something like that....

Why you still lie peoples ?!

You see, the point is not bigmuscle telling lies (according to you), the main point is all the other users posting how it works flawlessly for them.

Of course it is possible that, bigmuscle AND all the users that reported success are liars :w00t::ph34r:, but statistically it is more probable that a PBCAK exists in the cases of the people for which it does not work (and that additionally have your same negative, unrespectful and impolite attitude).

jaclaz