bigmuscle

I'm here to complain!!!!

I updated to KB2919355 and nothing seems any different!

Aero Glass for Win 8.1 just works perfectly. I don't get to have all the fun troubleshooting that all these other folks have been having.

I feel so left out.

:D

-Noel

SO THE POINT IS READING Aero Glass (DWMGlass.dll) INFO = Perfectly WORKING Aero Glass for Win 8.1 . :P

I'm here to complain!!!!

Aero Glass for Win 8.1 just works perfectly. I don't get to have all the fun troubleshooting that all these other folks have been having.

I feel so left out.

-Noel

I guess I should complain too then, everything is flawless on my end as well :P

Everything works great for me too.

The ONLY issue I have is when you use Automatic color in Personalization and use a Desktop Slideshow for wallpapers, the windows flash sometimes when changing colors. So I just went back to static wallpapers and its fine. I would like if AeroRainbow could be updated to work with AeroGlass and not remove the blur. It just uses a flat color even with AG on, so no glass.

I'm here to complain!!!!

I feel so left out.

-Noel

I'm here to complain!!!!

I feel so left out.

-Noel

SO THE POINT IS READING Aero Glass (DWMGlass.dll) INFO = Perfectly WORKING Aero Glass for Win 8.1 . :P

I feel so left out, too. I have Windows 8.1 with the Spring Update, and everything is beautiful. I have blur; I have glow; I have different color for label!10171076_10202765388788383_1180544256345

I'm here to complain!!!!

I feel so left out.

-Noel

I guess I should complain too then, everything is flawless on my end as well :P

Geez guys, this topic is long enough (42 pages!!!) without all this! I mean come on......ummmm, I think I'm doing it now :blushing:

Edited by Wolfshadow

Hey there, So I understand I need to update my symbols for the 8.1 update, But would I do that prior to installing the 8.1 vers. 1 update? or after. Only problem with installing it is that it makes my computer useless. (update keys error message) I have uninstalled it and am hoping to use the software in the near future. Also, when you state that if I want to terminate the process I would just hold ctrl key. Is there a specific place in the OS to do that, or is that prior to booting up your system?

You say to "merge" in terms of symbols

So, would I put that into the Aero folder?

Also why the hell is the a huge dump file? Lol

went from 26GB to 15....

Thanks for your help! :angel

Note that I manually entered the DisableGlassOnBattery command (something or other) in regedit as stated to allow Aero to work off battery.. (thank you Noel!) Does that do anything to the software itself? or am i just over analyzing this.

Finally, you state to read the directions, I just need clarifications, some of the steps taken( or directions) are so casual, like you were talking to your friend. That it makes it difficult to people who use your software to get any help, the noobs of course. I feel that it is true, this is only for advanced users, but if you can make a product which is made out to the general audience (your installers) then I would try to cater to those people as well :) Loving your work BTW, your going to inspire me to make my own software someday)

After everything is said and done, I want to manually allow a haze over the text box within programs as it become not legibal in dark backrounds, I know you have a setting within the regedit to allow the haze behind text, but it is not working for me. any idea's? maybe i'm reading the directions wrong, but i don't think I am.

That is all.

thank you tech guru's

:hello:

Edited by sberdes

Hey there, So I understand I need to update my symbols for the 8.1 update, But would I do that prior to installing the 8.1 vers. 1 update? or after. Only problem with installing it is that it makes my computer useless. (update keys error message) I have uninstalled it and am hoping to use the software in the near future. Also, when you state that if I want to terminate the process I would just hold ctrl key. Is there a specific place in the OS to do that, or is that prior to booting up your system?

You say to "merge" in terms of symbols

So, would I put that into the Aero folder?

Also why the hell is the a huge dump file? Lol

went from 26GB to 15....

Thanks for your help! :angel

Note that I manually entered the workoffbattery command (something or other) in regedit as stated to allow Aero to work off battery. (thank you Noel!) Does that do anything to the software itself? or am i just over analyzing this.

Finally, you state to read the directions, I just need clarifications, some of the steps taken( or directions) are so casual, like you were talking to your friend. That it makes it difficult to people who use your software to get any help, the noobs of course. I feel that it is true, this is only for advanced users, but if you can make a product which is made out to the general audience (your installers) then I would try to cater to those people as well :) Loving your work BTW, your going to inspire me to make my own software someday)

After everything is said and done, I want to manually allow a haze over the text box within programs as it become not legibal in dark backrounds, I know you have a setting within the regedit to allow the haze behind text, but it is not working for me. any idea's? maybe i'm reading the directions wrong, but i don't think I am.

That is all.

thank you tech guru's

:hello:

do you have a donation.key? if you do, just install the update 1, then delete the symbols folder, and start glass8, it will then download the new symbols and start working.

@bigmuscle i need to complain also, i didn't get to have all the fun those other people had, once the symbols were released, glass8 downloaded the needed symbols and works perfect for me.

thanks a ton for the awesome software :)

I don't have a donation key :no:

How can I do anything if my system keeps booting me out?

Any solutions to allow me to install the software and insert the keys after installation would be great!

ctrl key is still a bit unclear for me though. haha. :yes:

Edited by sberdes

The way I would do it:

1. Uninstall AeroGlass.

2. Update Windows.

3. Download symbols.

4. Put symbols in AeroGlass directory.

5. Install AeroGlass.

6. Enjoy glassy windows ;)

when you talk about Aero Directory, are you referring to the file on the C drive? or in regedit?

Thanks!

I'm referring to a folder located in C drive.

Tried that and same outcome remained. ( i know i did something wrong when downloading the new symbols)

Any idea what might be causing this to happen?