bigmuscle

Nothing works for me. I have a license too. The page starts flashing on and off too fast for me to accomplish anything. It keeps saying to retry download DWM or whateve but never does it,

If message about incompatible DWM appears, it means that symbols have not been downloaded. debug.log could help.

It's all very well saying if only people would read the forum...fine, all 40 pages with everyone disagreeing with everyone else?

Yeah, it's the basic problem of this discussion since the beginning. There are several posts how to get the glow effect, then new users register into this forum and ask again and again how to get the glow effect. There is several pages how to make this work on the latest Win8.1 Update but new users still register to complain that this does not work after update. And it's with every feature... if users read the discussion since the beginning, it would avoid any double, triple etc. posts and everything would be much more easier to read and find.

If it was possible to edit this thread to remove all of the duplicate and off topic or unnecessary posts, including this one, and organized into question/problem followed by answer, this thread would probably only be 3 or 4 pages long, if that, and would make a great FAQ, but it would take many, many hours to do. Any volunteers?

Cheers and Regards

The best method is to Install updates, then update symbols manually, then restart PC works for me. ;)

hi sir excuse me :blushing:

where i can download the symbols ?

there any solution for the problem ?

thanks before :angel

I'm sorry it's too complicated for this old fogey, I just don't understand the instructions for downloading symbols. I'll just have to regard it as money sent to a good cause to benefit others and abandon Aeroglass altogether.

This isn't helped by MSFM Forums not sending me any notifications so wheneverr I get back here I have a whole lot of catching up to do.

Surely BM can reissue a version that includes these symbols?

Edited by Ex_Brit

Nothing works for me. I have a license too. The page starts flashing on and off too fast for me to accomplish anything. It keeps saying to retry download DWM or whateve but never does it,

If message about incompatible DWM appears, it means that symbols have not been downloaded. debug.log could help.

See below posts

Edited by Ex_Brit

BM this is bizarre. My 8.1 is on partition N and the Aeroglass folder with logs etc are all sitting on C along with a whole bunch of other files.

Not sure why that is. (I multi-boot). I am trying to attach the debug log and it wont attach so here are the contents. It would appear that half my problem is that although I was in partition N the software was trying to install on C (which is my default boot system, Vista). Best start again from the beginning perhaps?

Logs not needed after all...see post below.

Edited by Ex_Brit

It appears that my problems are solved by making sure the installer used the right drive letter...sorry but my eyesight isn't great and I hadn't noticed that.

After a reboot it appears to be working OK. I never even noticed anything downloading (symbols for instance) so assume it did that behind the scenes.

Sorry for the "panic".

Edited by Ex_Brit

Just an idea: how about giving up loading aeroglass if it crashes more than three times in a row? I really don't like getting into those loops and seeing AG dumping gigabytes of minidumps on my SSD. Next time it does that, it flies.

The best method is to Install updates, then update symbols manually, then restart PC works for me. ;)

hi sir excuse me :blushing:

where i can download the symbols ?

there any solution for the problem ?

thanks before :angel

Read Post #383

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

NOTES:

Regedit Setup: IS NOT NEEDED IF you use aerohost.exe to run DWMGlass.dll_Aero Glass 1.2.1

Just an idea: how about giving up loading aeroglass if it crashes more than three times in a row? I really don't like getting into those loops and seeing AG dumping gigabytes of minidumps on my SSD. Next time it does that, it flies.

You can hold CTRL and it will stop Aero Glass from loading.

How can I download symbols manually?

If I buy a full version, symbols download auto?

thanks

How can I download symbols manually?

If I buy a full version, symbols download auto?

thanks

You can't buy a full version, you can only make a donation, you may OR may not get a license key after a donation, the license key will remove watermark and any popup boxes and download symbols.

Read Post #383

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

NOTES:

Regedit Setup: IS NOT NEEDED IF you use aerohost.exe to run DWMGlass.dll_Aero Glass 1.2.1

Edited by ace2

It's all very well saying if only people would read the forum...fine, all 40 pages with everyone disagreeing with everyone else?

Yeah, it's the basic problem of this discussion since the beginning. There are several posts how to get the glow effect, then new users register into this forum and ask again and again how to get the glow effect. There is several pages how to make this work on the latest Win8.1 Update but new users still register to complain that this does not work after update. And it's with every feature... if users read the discussion since the beginning, it would avoid any double, triple etc. posts and everything would be much more easier to read and find.

Hey BM

first I just want to say that I'm also not having any problems with v1.2.1 + Win 8.1 update 1. After windows update, AeroGlass automatically downloaded the new Symbols at it should :-)

As for your remark, yes, this is also a huge problem I'm having with the thread because every 2 other posts ppl post some tweaks or correction of the posted tweak, etc. which makes it very difficult to follow and have an overview what works and what not and what is outdated and not, specially if you don't follow the topic every 2 minutes :yes:

I think an idea would be to group all the actual tweaks, infos, etc. in the first post of the topic and continuously update it and point ppl to read the first post. This is of course only a suggestion.