bigmuscle

But it is fair to me to reorganize the website so user is fully apprise that the software is just done in my free time and his donation is the form of "hey, I like your software and I think that you should work on it if you have some free time".

I think you know that many users donate you not because they‘d like to support you, but to remove the watermark and pop-up window after logon, don‘t you?

There were more reasons why I have disabled donations for a while. But the most biggest reason was that many users donated without reading the donation page at all and then they thought that they were paying for commercial software with fulltime support. But it is fair to me to reorganize the website so user is fully apprise that the software is just done in my free time and his donation is the form of "hey, I like your software and I think that you should work on it if you have some free time".

YvuETOJ.png

On the other side, there is a good news because I was able to install Update 1 and I can say that it will be possible to fix Aero Glass for this update. Now it is working for me with some glitches, but I guess when symbols are present, no additional change will be needed in the code.

If you installed Windows 8.1 Spring Refresh 1 and just can't stand waiting to get Aero back, you can go to "Windows and Features" and then "View Installed Updates".

Highlight KB2919355 and at the top you will see the word "Uninstall". After a reboot with a not so long "Windows Updating" you will have your Glass back.

I did NOT uninstall the three other updates and things are running just fine. If you have not installed Refresh 1, Glass is much more valulable IMHO.

It is unfortunate that those like me did not find his website until after he removed the donations. I'll continue waiting patiently for the donation page to be complete because I really like this software, but you have to realise that one possible reason for the same questions over and over is because this software will likely be popular and most people asking here found his website from a search, his main page is directing users to this thread. Some who arrive to this thread will not bother to read the 35 pages of posts.

Edited by nwstorm

hello i have supported the development twice as of now i am in need of a key so i wanted to generate license.. when i tried i cudnt do it... earlier i have generated 2 keys without any problem

i donated twice for Aero Glass i.e 6 euros in total but only generated two keys

plz look into the matter and provide me with the solution as i urgently need them.

Looking for an early reply....

Edited by NSFfan

Ok, so I checked your e-mail in the database and it contains only one record from you on 19 January 2014 22:35. I believe you followed the donation instruction when you proceeded the second donation and I just overlooked something...

Remember that you are donating to support the development and not to receive the unrestricted version.

Why would you even care why people are donating? Money is money. Some people may want to help, some just want to get rid of the annoying pop up and watermark.For you there is no difference. Now it just feels like a way to get people to donate more than they normally would have.

By the way, small chance but will you accept bitcoin payments?

Why should he and he also may not care how many use it or not.

I do not get how tightfisted and demanding some can be.

I donated within 30secs of seeing it on my PC with the Win 8 version and have never done so before for any software be it donation or paid for.

I swapped to Win 8.1, no license issues and then swapped hardware, still no license issues.

@bigmuscle

Any plans of making this free/open source? More people will start using the software.

Recognition matters more than money :angel

Recognition does not buy food or PC parts...

... I would rather have a steady income than recognition

Edit - it doesn't pay the bills either..

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Recognition does not buy food or PC parts...

... I would rather have a steady income than recognition

Edit - it doesn't pay the bills either..

Old words from bigmuscle:

I have a plan to implement more features than just a glass with blur effect. I am going to implement glow effect around window caption, better shadows (I guess this is just the theme sprite that contains shadow image), Flip3D and if users requires more features :) The first preview versions will be released as a pure binary because current code is not optimized at all, it is just more "hey, it works!". But when it comes to usable version, I will release source code too so everyone can help with the future development.

Paid software maintained by a single person can "die" at any point of time. Why would anyone be interested in it?