bigmuscle

@bigmuscle

thanks for the gui version look pretty cool :) i appreciate real time change

note : you are right to wait for update to be released (waste of time)

it's funny how people talk about updates lol ... All MS product are alpha product and i talk about final release... in a perfect world you will never see a blue screen, many thing are managed poorly in that system, but as it's world wide used we are some how sucked on that system if we want to get all features... (i already use unix + win )...

i am on 8.1 ... before i was pushing update on demand and now since win 7sp1 to be honest i disabled completely updates, it's just full of s... even official updates... when you see update from MS editing Web Certificate on firefox it's scary then i secure my network/win the best way available and boos*** ms updates i only work with big updates like sp or new release and i have to check all my security stuff after updates because the NSA/MS don't care about security or about your privacy... and i am even not talking about unofficial updates available here and there and where you don't have idea what's on.

Plus MS always release things and abandoned it like longhorn or vista service pack (rebaptised win 7)... then i think next big win 8 update will be win 9 and that 8.1.1 would be may be for those who will stay stuck on win 8 may be thay will just abandon it for win 9

any way....

Edited by intika

hello, i have some problems with glass8

im using windows 8.1 x64.

when i install it, the taskbar stays transparent but it has no reflection and blur or any kind of effects by glass8, and the window borders become rounded but i didnt even check the "install glass resource" in the installer. I have already tried with custom themes like Snowy 8.1, but the taskbar is still not blurred. Some pages ago there was a reply that said the Opaque Taskbar app (or smth like this) will help so i installed it and my taskbar became blurred and had reflection but its color was not like the window border's color.

so somebody can help me with a tutorial on how to install and configure this app properly?

thanks

I paid for my copy of Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center. Service packs have never been charged for and never will be. There is no "stealing" here. The update, published to the world or not, is still free.

You can think what you want, but please stop publicly spreading this piece of s*it. You are not copyright holder of the software, thus you have absolutely no right to specify the license conditions.

Aero Glass v1.2 worked fine for me. But after installing the leaked Update 1 for Win8.1, Aero Glass works no more! Please fix this issue!

Yes, and it never will. I will not fix it.

are we going to be able to donate to get a non-watermark version again? I was kind of hoping to today but it's down now ):

Please, just wait. It will be back in several days, but I won't say the exact date. I don't have much time now so it may be happen tomorrow or in 5 days too. Just be patient :-)

Aero Glass v1.2 worked fine for me. But after installing the leaked Update 1 for Win8.1, Aero Glass works no more! Please fix this issue!

That's unfortunate, because once update 1 is released officially it will be essentially a requirement to have installed

That's unfortunate, because once update 1 is released officially it will be essentially a requirement to have installed

I don't think there is much new or exciting about this update, I am considering skipping it tbh, the only new thing it does worth mentioning is add the ability to pin store apps to the taskbar, doesn't seem a big deal to me as I hardly ever use them and if I have opened apps I am fine with then being listed on the left hand side out of sight. The only other big change with this update is updated support for Ultra HD monitors and I don't see myself being able to afford one of those for a few years yet.

@bigmuscle Means this that you also not give Support for the Official Update which is come at April 2014 ?

Edited by Bytestar

Ah ok, official support is different. The current release of it is supposed to be official, but you never know.

It's not really an update you can 'skip', as it is a combination of a rollup package (previous security, general, and several hotfixes) and a feature update. Future updates may require or expect that you already have it installed.

Lol @ people "skipping the update" because it doesnt have much new/changed. Unless you've actually used it, stay silent. Those who have used it notice a lot of changes.

1. Power & search on start screen

2. Right click on tiles for desktop users

3. Minimize/close apps in the top right corner

4. Show Win8 apps on the taskbar

5. Desktop control panel link from PC Settings

6. Changes to the all apps view in Start

7. Show the taskbar while in Windows 8 apps using Winkey + T

There are plenty more under the hood changes as well like smaller system requirements, better memory management, etc. So, yeah. Go ahead and "skip" it, sheeple. The rest of us will move on with keeping our OS fast, reliable, and secure.

@BM: Check yaself. No one here is innocent of stealing anything, especially on the internet. Music, movies, TV shows, software, Windows, etc. Unless your slate is clean, don't throw stones.

I will wait for your update to Aero Glass for 8.1.1 like we all know you will do.

Edited by raiden89