bigmuscle

This should not happen unless you change your HDD or CPU. Could you follow the steps which I advised in post #713?

btw, to anyone asking for something (key, donation, problem solving...), please, give me a week - I want to do some internal changes but I need to solve some other personal things now so I don't have much time.

what time will your web restore?

Just read in your quote; "....please, give me a week...."

Is there a way to prevent Aero Glass from creating minidump files constantly in the root directory?

I've already submitted a bug report a while back, but thought I'd post here in case there was a way to fix this behavior.

Is there a way to prevent Aero Glass from creating minidump files constantly in the root directory?

I've already submitted a bug report a while back, but thought I'd post here in case there was a way to fix this behavior.

I'm not sure if what you are finding is the same as what was discussed above in post #707, but if it is it should be fixed in the next release, currently scheduled in about a week as you can read in the few posts above yours. So now that you have reported, sit back, relax and wait patiently for bigmuscle to take care of some personal matters before he releases the next installment.

Cheers and Regards

Aero Glass for Win 8.1 version 1.2 is running flawlessly here with ATI Catalyst 14.2 beta 1.3 drivers.

The driver package was a bit balky to install, but it finally yielded fruit. Desktop performance is up a percent or two - as good as I've seen it.

-Noel

Anyone help please?

Aero glass runs perfect on my computer, but I got a problem that the transparency and the blur effect disables when I select a window.

[2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x185D0:0x180A0] Installing DWM hook...
[2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x185D0:0x180A0] User: SYSTEM
[2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x185D0:0x180A0] Module: C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll
[2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x18B70:0x17AF8] Donation key not loaded (2 - [2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x18B70:0x17AF8] Machine ID: AFX2HNL6LUYTTL75XKRQLYQU4MYL3BIV3FLONQZA6L3CMAPA
[2014-03-03 19:28:12][0x18B70:0x17AF8] Loading settings (flags = 0x1) from HKEY 0x0000000000000000 for session #1
The log looks pretty fine to me.

Aero glass 1.2 running on Windows 8.1 x64

Edited by louiskuo888

If active window is fully opaque and transparency remains on inactive windows, it means that colorization settings are invalid. Especially, alpha value is fully opaque which is not set automatically by control panel. This can happen only when you modify settings on your own or by 3rd software and it is not in our power to provide any help in such situation.

I have donated and purchased a license/key more than once, but I am now getting an error that I have the free version and the watermark will not go away. Any idea what is going on here and how I can fix it?

This problem just started today. I cloned my Windows 8.1 installation to another drives that was already installed in the same computer so I could use the original SSD for another purpose. The original SSD is now running Windows 7 in an SSD RAID0 array, with Windows 8.1 now running on a much smaller mSATA SSD, so the key is not being used in multiple installations. It was dual boot before the change, but I did not want to share the RAID0 array with Windows 8.1 any more because Windows 7 is still my OS of choice.

Edited by BJFox

Your Machine ID will change if you change disks, meaning your donation key will become invalid. Just generate a new one with the Machine ID the software is now showing you.

-Noel

I have donated several weeks ago.

Now I've changed my Primary hard disk, so I have to reactivate.

Is there a way to do this although the donation page is down?

To Noel:

I checked my registry settings and I think that they're pretty normal. I used no 3rd party applications and did not modify other values, except the custom theme values.

The problem still exsists even if I'm not using an alternative theme.

post-389429-0-53056100-1393941043_thumb.

Edited by louiskuo888

While you are waiting for me to redone some things, I prepared a small package for experienced users to test.

IMPORTANT: This is not intended for regular users! Many things not work as expected yet and it comes as debug version only! It can be harmful to your computer!

http://glass8.berlios.de/stuff/gui.7z

I think nothing more is needed to say, because any experienced user should know how to play with it :yes:

Also, please, do not ask how to donate, remove watermark or popup. You cannot now!