bigmuscle

i have installed the app aero glass for windows 8 on my machine with windows 8.1 64 bit.it gives the error messages: THEMECPL.DLL is incompatible with aero and DWN IS incompatible.what should I do.i really need aero on my machine.thank you

Thanks again for this software. It works incredibly well on my P.C. running 8.1. I am running a custom theme (Abisso with a modified .theme file to suit my needs, it grabs the best of Abisso and TOC Red). I know the point of this software is to not need custom themes, but what I need (black bakcgrounds) is beyond the realm of the software.

I have been playing with custom theme atlas files, but they do not as has been pointed out many times on here and in the user manual on the website work well with custom themes.

How do I go about starting to modify my custom theme to have rounded corners?

Is it a matter of changing the order of images in the custom theme atlas, or do I need to edit the .msstyles file?

If it is the latter, how do I go about doing this? I have started to play with resource hacker, but am a bit overwhelmed. Is that the right track, or is there something easier out there?

Thanks again.

~Leko

Still cant get the donation key working on my computer. It works fine on my laptop and i can do all the registry edits fine but on the computer i still have the dwm error you need symbols, the watermark and the popup even tho I have tried redownloading the key, renaming to donation restarting many times etc even uninstalled and reinstalled glass.

I wouldnt mind if it was the free version but Ive donated to this twice now to support it so I kinda wanna know why its not working

ok ace2 you say this:

There are some small differences from Windows 8 version:

1) as already been said during the development phase, this software is only the extension to DWM rendering engine and hooks DWM functions only. It does not hook theme service (to bypass theme signature) anymore nor any other process to explicitely enable blur behind any window (e.g. behind taskbar). It just blurs the areas where it is instructed to do so.

but

It just blurs the areas where it is instructed to do so.

in all cases taskbar blur is enabled by StartIsBack
But in new version taskbar color not match theme (not enough transparent).
Whether there is a method of correcting that issue?
Thanks
Edited by petrosalex

petrosalex TRY THESE SETTINGS:

No Blur:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack]"TaskbarAlpha"=dword:00000000"StartMenuAlpha"=dword:00000000

Blur:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\StartIsBack]"TaskbarAlpha"=dword:000000ff"StartMenuAlpha"=dword:000000ff
Edited by ace2