bigmuscle

Lol no one said it was true. However, Winbeta is not in the habit of posting lies. If they believe its a rumor, then they will plainly state to "take it with a grain of salt."

Whether they are going to bring blur back wont be for sure until we get the final build and see if its been put back in. It does seem pretty out there for them to be re-adding it back in after they seemed pretty adamant about removing it.

According to the comments, it kinda appears that Winbeta might not have known about this particular trick. Its the same registry key used in previous builds of Win8.

Oh well, we'll know in a month or two. Most likely not gonna happen tho.

Edited by raiden89

Guys I'm having problems, I'm trying to make the windows borders round, increase the shadows behind the windows, and raise the blur a bit more, but I'm not having any sucess. I created the registry's and restarted the computer, but it looks the same. Here's a pic of my registry.

dwm_zps9a8a45a0.png

Check this out...looks like MS might be putting you outta business soon BigMuscle.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/aero-glass-can-be-enabled-recently-leaked-build-windows-81-update-1

Hopefully, it'll be just as stable as this amazing project has been.

Isn't that just the same thing you could do in win8/8.1 by glitching the high contrast theme? The article mentions the key is called HideBlur, that's quite the opposite of what glass on vista/7 was doing - and what's bigmuscle's glass is doing. I think it's more of a leftover from the pre win8 days than signs of aero coming back.

Check this out...looks like MS might be putting you outta business soon BigMuscle.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/aero-glass-can-be-enabled-recently-leaked-build-windows-81-update-1

Hopefully, it'll be just as stable as this amazing project has been.

"HideBlur"=dword:00000001 and "ColorizationGlassAttribute"=dword:00000002 do the same thing.

HideBlur can't be disabled by changing the theme, and you need bLend v0.0.0.1 OR WinaeroGlass to make the glass usable, and a aerolite theme for this to work on Taskbar.

This is nothing New, it is very Old. :no:

Does any one know why the transparency effect is getting disabled after I restart my computer. It works fine when I first install it but then I restart and the transparency effect if gone?

Cheers,

post-385280-0-83619800-1391742755_thumb.

Edited by echelon629

I installed this on two laptops, with almost identical configurations. It is working on both, but I am able to adjust blur and transparency only on one laptop. On the second one, no matter what value I give for blur deviation, it stays pretty blurred - even if I change it to zero. I have tried adjusting values manually via registry, as well as with MrGrim's aero configurator, but the blur stays the same. I have intel hd graphics on both, and on the second laptop, I also have an Nvidia card in addition. The second laptop is the one on which blur doesn't reduce.

Does any one know why the transparency effect is getting disabled after I restart my computer. It works fine when I first install it but then I restart and the transparency effect if gone?

Cheers,

I have same problem of this,but after upgrading my new Graphics card the problem was gone :)

Installed the new 8.1 update 1 msu's and AeroGlass isn't working now, any ideas or will it have uninstall these updates to get Glass back?

AeroGlass win81_x64_alpha1 is still working. :w00t:

@bigmuscle: v1.1 its not retrieving "disableglassonbatt" registry setting in HKCU (I haven't tried it in HKLM). When running on batt you only get the aero effect immediately after install BUT not after the rebooting.

This was issue was not present in v1.0 (most of the time I run in batt mode and had no issues).

Also, why don't you consider reverting that default setting to an "always on" mode? Seriously, I don't think the majority cares about sacrificing some batt to get this effect.

Regards

EDIT: BTW, I'm running win8.1 rtm x86

Edited by mimorqleko