bigmuscle

wza67865385, on 03 Feb 2014 - 04:19 AM, said:snapback.png

Come on, big muscles. I am Microsoft UI engineer

What is the above quote from? A series of posts made then deleted early this morning? Why delete them?

Could a Microsoft UI Engineer seriously have written 9 words with 2 (or 3, depending on how you count) obvious mistakes?

Here's a positive thought for you, wza67865385: Embrace excellence. It doesn't actually hurt.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

ace2: just two opinions => 1) try to format your scripts somehow, e.g. in the code etc., so they don't take million of lines. 2) try to avoid using other tools, e.g. "Take Ownership" etc., because all of the steps can be easily done just by elevating editor/command line/etc.

paul70: guide is updated (although not all information is included) but install part is complete - there are three ways described: 1) AppInit_DLLs (deprecated for Win8.1, no aerohost.exe), 2) aerohost.exe (Win8.1 only, no registry editing), 3) installer which does everything for you.

Yeah, my question was if the installer will also remove/change any redundant registry entries from the alpha/beta versions. I used the installer but still have those mentioned DLL entries in my registry, that's why I asked :-)

ace2: just two opinions => 1) try to format your scripts somehow, e.g. in the code etc., so they don't take million of lines. 2) try to avoid using other tools, e.g. "Take Ownership" etc., because all of the steps can be easily done just by elevating editor/command line/etc.

I will try, next time i write a How to Post. :blushing:

Yeah, my question was if the installer will also remove/change any redundant registry entries from the alpha/beta versions. I used the installer but still have those mentioned DLL entries in my registry, that's why I asked :-)

So no, installer has no connection to other installation methods (or remainders from testing versions).

Here's a positive thought for you, wza67865385: Embrace excellence. It doesn't actually hurt.

-Noel

Please, simply ignore him. He's just a poor guy from one Chinese forum where he publishes old betas of Aero Glass for Win8 and presents them as "cracked version" :boring:

@Ace2 thanks for the response again but i tried it and it didnt change anything. Im assuming its because my donation key isnt working?

@bigmuscle Any idea why my key isnt working? Ive tried renaming to donation.key and leaving it as liscence.key and nothing. In fact donating has caused me nothing but problems. On my computer if i have the donation key in the folder it keeps popping up saying dwm not compatible even though glass is already working. The watermark and the other popup asking me to copy the machine code keep popping up and the transparency advice given by ace2 and an reg edits i try dont do anything.

I also donated a second time for my laptop which as Ive said before the glass barely ever works. Itll be working fine one minute randomly and then the next it wont. If i restart or reinstall it doesnt change anything it just doesnt work

If you see that DWM is not compatible, it is because you don't have correct symbols. If the symbols were not downloaded, it means that your donation key is not loaded properly. The reason of this failure is written in debug.log. If it is error code 2, it means that file was not found (= you placed it in incorrect location). If it is error code 5, it means that your file system denies dwm.exe process to access this file.

@bigmuscle i have error 2 so obviously its not finding it. But ive left everything as standard, it installs to C:\AeroGlass which is where the key and all of the other files eg debug the aerohost glasssdwm etc are...also I have the license key in that same folder which works on my laptop but as stated I have other issues on there. It is supposed to be named "liscence.key"l isnt it? its still named as it was when i downloaded it

Edited by JohnnieDyer

Hello everyone. Thank you all for getting this hack so tight. I enjoy it so much.

-For those of you with intermittent issues of the software seeming to revert to normal windows, be sure you are not going to battery. I had to add the registry key to get battery working correctly.

-I was wondering about the thin black (or white depending on the theme) line around the windows when I set the roundrectradius. Is there any way to remove it? Is it normal? It still makes the edge look square.

Thanks again.

~Leko

<edit> I am on WIn 8.1 and running version 1.1 through the installer. I used both the regedit method and thought I would try the configurator as well to see if my results varied, they did not. </edit>

Edited by lekofraggle