bigmuscle

renuevo

1.Update windows 8.1

2.Manually download symbols

READ:
http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

NOTES:
I think DWM incompatibility error 0x81 because DWM.exe need to be updated
I think Donation key not loaded (2) because you have NO Donation.key in C:\AeroGlass, OR where ever you have installed aero glass.
I think CSettingsManager not found, running in LIMITED MODE! because you have NO symbols in C:\AeroGlass, OR where ever you have installed aero glass.

Question to BigMuscle:

Is the color of a window's caption hardcoded in the AG sourcecode?

The color is not hardcoded. However, I just found that DrawThemeTextEx does not respect standard SetTextColor function and text color must be set separately. I will try to fix it.

Also i have a windows 7 looking theme from deviantart which works completely fine with glass when i dont have the liscence key in the folder. If i do have the liscence key it has no glass and the buttons like the close minimise maximise etc theyre not there but there are weird bits of the graphic in your theme just knocking about around the frame in no order.

Because you must decide what you really want. If you want to use your custom theme then you should not install our custom theme atlas (during Aero Glass installation). See the guide how to change the atlas settings.

Another weird thing is i never have dwm process in the services.msc so its aas if that just isnt starting

DWM is not supposed to be in services under Win8.x, because it is automatically started by WinLogon.

I think DWM incompatibility error 0x81 because DWM.exe need to be updated

Error 0x81 is rather about DWMCORE.DLL.

Hey there

Loving the glass theme so far, so much that I donated. I just need to tweak a couple of things like adding the text glow and setting the inactive window colour. The problem I have is that there are no registry values for me to change except for the atlas location. Is there a way to insert the registry or something?

I've used search on this topic but can't seem to find anything relating to that, so sorry if it's already been mentioned

Edited by mortis86k

Instead of posting a picture, how about a download link, Tusticles? Useless posting a screenshot of a program nobody can get, especially with no info about it.

info? It's AGTweaker, get the source code and modify it.

Edited by Tusticles