bigmuscle

Ah okay. I figured it was something like that.

As far as AeroGlass 1.1, everything is working great. All the little glitches that I would come across are now gone. So glad I could have found this amazing piece of software.

Hmmmm, glow effect isn't working for Windows Explorer, but works for other program windows. Any suggestions?

The only way i have solved this problem was to download a 3rd party theme with the glow built in, like Soft8 VS Theme.
I use MSStyler to edit only the glow related values. It doesn't recompile or alter the theme in any way except for the values you change (I did a binary comparison). It's a bit crude to use but it gets the job done. If you are willing to use an unsigned theme and bypass theme signature checking, it's the ultimate solution to get full glow in all windows regardless of the theme (set TextGlowMode to 3 for Aero Glass). I have attached an animated image that shows how it looks with the default theme for both ribbon-enabled and normal windows (there's actually no difference).

These are the values to be changed:

Class ID: 4

Part ID: 0

State ID: 0

Class: globals

Property Type: GLOWINTENSITY:INT

Property Value: 250

Class ID: 4

Class: globals

Property Type: TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT

Property Value: 12

Class ID: 209

Class: CompositedWindow::Window

Property Type: GLOWINTENSITY:INT

Property Value: 250

Class ID: 209

Class: CompositedWindow::Window

Property Type: TEXTGLOWSIZE:INT

Property Value: 12

I'm still having trouble getting the glow effect under AeroGlass' side.

I tried it under UXTheme, and the glow is there, but when I apply it, the glass theme goes out of whack.

Should I not be using the AG and UXTheme at the same time?

See attached:

I'm torn between two obstacles: liking BM's shiny glass theme and Aero 8.1 theme which is causing me all this trouble.

post-384999-0-79947100-1391213708_thumb.

Probably better to ask the theme creator to incorporate the full glow settings into their theme so you can just set it to 0x3 and the glow will work properly. Most of them should be doing this soon and some already have.

JayBee73 This looks like a CustomThemeAtlas Problem.

See if win8cp.png is in C:\AeroGlass folder, If win8cp.png is in the folder REMOVE it.

win8cp.png only works with Default Themes and will not work with Aero 8.1 theme.

JayBee73 This looks like a CustomThemeAtlas Problem.

See if win8cp.png is in C:\AeroGlass folder, If win8cp.png is in the folder REMOVE it.

win8cp.png only works with Default Themes and will not work with Aero 8.1 theme.

It was the win8cp theme, and I'll remove it.

Is the glow effect working NOW

Settings for glow effect:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000003[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000003

Try numbers from 1 to 3

Edited by ace2

Is the glow effect working NOW

Settings for glow effect:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000003[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000003

Try numbers from 1 to 3

Well, it WORKED. What a real rollercoaster ride for me. I had to remove it, uninstall AG8.1v1.1 and restart OS, returned to W8, applied the theme that raiden89 mentioned, got it working in the text glow part, re-installed AG8.1v1.1 and all is well.

Thank you, Ace2 for your held and thanks Raiden89 for the uxTheme.

I'm using both uxTheme and ClassicShell, so... keeping my fingers crossed.

hi having a few issues.

1 I donated and received a key but when pasted into the aero glass folder and the dwm (and even entire computer) is restarted it still has the popup, watermark and the extras arent working.

2 How do I generate a second key for a second computer? I donated the amount required but when I put my postcode and email with the 2nd computers code it wont generate a new code and says email or postcode not recognised.

3 Is there a way to make the borders as transparent as the taskbar? as in coloured but with transparency and no blur? The only way I see is to use the registry but it hasnt worked for me so far even setting blurdeviation to 0

thanks

ps other than that this project is amazing

Edited by JohnnieDyer

Still haven't been able to get the program to accept my donation key. I've tried everything I can think of, all the suggestions I've been given etc, but it just returns Error 5. It works 100% perfectly on my desktop, but flatly refuses to work on my Surface 2 Pro using the Aerohost method. Any suggestions?

JohnnieDyer and Xevon

Have you tried renaming

License.key TO Donation.key

OR

Donation.key TO License.key

OR

Putting License.key and Donation.key in C:\AeroGlass folder (Worth a TRY).

@ BigMuscle. a question if I may. I have so many different theme atlases stored that I don't know which one came with your latest software installer. Could you clarify that please? Also which ones are no longer recommended? I think I saw that Win8CP is no longer good or am I wrong?.

@Ace2 thanks for the help. Im not currently at my computer so will find out when i go back to uni. Did try to remote desktop it but for some reason dwm isnt in services and would require a system restart to restart dwm. I dont know why dwm doesnt show up half the time.

Also an annoying thing is that the glass will be working and then sometimes just stop working. Ill restart or try reinstalling and it still doesnt work but then randomly itll work again. Any ideas?