bigmuscle

Hey bigmuscle?

I don't use win8 or win8.1 BUT because of your fraudulent pricing and complete ripping off and screwing of all of these WHINERS I am demanding a free license!!!

/joking

(God people just shut up already and quit trying to bully him) He put lots of hours in this work and if you don't want to deal with his practices then don't use it period...

However I cannot donate but would like to get a license in the future in case I ever need it.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Can anyone tell me how to get text glow without using a Custom theme resources file because they don't work with my Custom theme.

Are there any Custom text glow files that can be used with TextGlowMode settings.

TextGlowMode settings i have used are from 1 to 3 and still no text glow on my Custom theme.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001

Update:

Downloaded a glow.bmp file, but it didn't work because aero glass w8.1-1.1 does not support glow.bmp.

Looks like i need to make a CustomThemeAtlas for my Custom theme, i think i will just forget about text glow for this theme. :w00t:

Edited by ace2

Okay, so I reread the OP, and it said that I had to generate the liscence code myself. I did, but it's just saying that there's no code for me. I donated 1.50$ USD, not 0.01$ like you mentioned would be barred from getting a code. Is there a threshhold or something? Because 3 was for 2 codes, I just wanted one, and donated half that.

I guess I'll wait for the glow effect because I need the auto-download symbols as part of the donation code. Please, I'm dying here, I want the windows to have the text glow =[

Read the bottom of the donate page where it says You can get 2 keys per each 3€ you donate to unlock advanced features such as automatic symbols downloading, remove donation notification or remove desktop watermark.

If you look closely, that's not a dollar sign - it's the Euro sign so you have to do the currency conversion... €3.00 = $4.18 (currently). Basically you have to donate at least $4.18 to get two keys - I don't think you can donate half to just get one.

Edited by BooBerry

Regarding the "donations" issue:

Just please stop to think, for a moment, that there may be unseen forces involved.

I would assume that folks are not thinking about the fact that if it was not a donation, then the payment service might charge a fee, so BM would need to raise the payment amount to make it worth the net amount he receives. BM is trying to do what he can to make a totally free product available to all, which includes some extremely minor annoyances that do not hinder the actual working of the product at all, while giving a little "Thank You" to those that donate even a minimal amount in the form of allowing them to remove those annoyances. Do those folks really want to keep pushing BM to change the terminology he uses? For what purpose? To give them something different to whine and complain about?

My advice to BM is for him to totally refuse to answer in any way any post or question on this forum about the donation amount and how it works other than to simply give a link to either the first post or to his site where the donation "terms" are stated. Hopefully the mods will delete any nagging posts by members who refuse to let the matter alone. IF he has the time available to do so, I suppose BM could also send a "Thank You" email to those who donate which includes a link pointing them to where it describes how to generate their key, but that is completely optional.

Cheers and Regards

IF he has the time available to do so, I suppose BM could also send a "Thank You" email to those who donate

I once had something like that set up, automated by the Rules engine in Outlook. :)

-Noel

This thread should be made up on 99% posts about getting this App developed to next stage

I like the way you think. Future enhancements I can think of in 30 seconds that might have some value include:

• Finding a way to put a glow behind the titles of ribbon-enabled windows.
  • A nice, clean options configurator.
  • Enhancing the effects a bit (e.g., adding an optional "horizon glow" or maybe brightening the glass subtly near the corners).
  • Making drop shadow directly configurable.

If *I* had a slick "injection engine" and knew the things BigMuscle does, I might consider making such corollary products as:

• An "unsigned theme facilitator".
  • Something that would "re-skin" (change the look of) Office 2013.

I'm sure folks can think of others.

-Noel

Can anyone tell me how to get text glow without using a Custom theme resources file because they don't work with my Custom theme.

Are there any Custom text glow files that can be used with TextGlowMode settings.

TextGlowMode settings i have used are from 1 to 3 and still no text glow on my Custom theme.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM]"TextGlowMode"=dword:00000001

Update:

Downloaded a glow.bmp file, but it didn't work because aero glass w8.1-1.1 does not support glow.bmp.

Looks like i need to make a CustomThemeAtlas for my Custom theme, i think i will just forget about text glow for this theme. :w00t:

I like to echo on this too. I tried it under AeroGlassConfigurator and no glow, so...

2 licenses for every 3eur eh? i guess its time to put glass8 on my netbook then lol

well hmm, glass8 installed, claims to be running, however there is no popup, no watermark, and no cmd window attempting to download symbols, and it is not putting the machine id into the debug.log, so that i can use it to generate a license

bm please help

[2014-01-30 21:38:55][0x454:0x368] Installing DWM hook...
[2014-01-30 21:38:55][0x454:0x368] User: SYSTEM
[2014-01-30 21:38:55][0x454:0x368] Module: C:\AeroGlass\win81_x86_1.1\dwmglass.dll

Edited by truexfan81

I cannot paste here so try to follow this.

Go to the main page where you grab the file and click the link to donate, fill in email (linked to the PayPal email you used to donate) and postcode/zipcode and generate a machine ID code.

This will give you a license then put it in the C:\AeroGlass folder and reboot and it will grab files or do as I do and install it over the top again.

By all means continue to use IE11, or any tool of your choosing, where it works. I'm just saying to use a different tool that works where IE11 doesn't. That's been the beauty, and the curse, of all the wide variety Windows software for many, many years, the options and the choices. I'm not saying that this site shouldn't have figured out how to change whatever settings are involved to allow IE11 to fully work here. They absolutely, positively, definitely should have by now. There is no doubt about that and I am not arguing that fact in the slightest. But just because they haven't, are you going to be stubborn enough to refuse to use a different browser when you need to paste something and make life more difficult for yourself just out of principle, or what? Why? You are not "punishing" the site in any way, just yourself. By all means continue to complain until they fix it, but until then use what works. But then that's just my opinion.

Cheers and Regards