bigmuscle

Hello
I have just installed windows AeroGlass in 64bit 8.1
but it does not work and dwm.exe aerohost.exe are present in the task manager but no transparency, I added the registry key HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM but not always the same transparency manually
I also enabled AppInit_DLLs C: \ AeroGlass \ DWMGlass.dll
LoadAppInit_DLL = 1
and created RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs = 0
I forgot some thing?
thank you for your help

Try this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll""RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

If you need symbols READ:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

Edited by ace2

The software is fully working even without donation.

And it has some annoying additional "features" encouraging you to pay if you want to use it without hassle.

Ha ha. Do you when this all started? Read through the forum. Users complained even when the first preview showed console window with debug messages.

If someone don't understand the meaning of the "Beta" word it's his problem. I used the betas back in the days and this cmd window wasn't a problem for me, because I knew it's a beta. The fact it is a beta makes me forgive such things, because they are not there without purpose and Beta usually is not intended for daily use.

Did you even try that? Probably not, because user will normally get a key even for 2€.

No. I paid 3€, because it was required for a license as I understood the description on the website.

If it is free, give it free.

So the software is not FREELY available?

Yes, it is. But the nagging is over the limit, whether you like that or not. So you have to pay for it to use it normally. Or should I say "donate"?

My 2 cents: do as SIB - give a trial for a month, then nag. And give support for purchased licenses.

And it has some annoying additional "features" encouraging you to pay if you want to use it without hassle.

User is notified about those features on the website and even during the installation. If he does not agree with it, he should not install it at all.

No. I paid 3€, because it was required for a license as I understood the description on the website.

I re-read my website and I can't find any info that "3€ is required" or "3€ is minimum amount" or something similar. If I write 500€ for 200€ keys, does that mean that you must give 500€? I think that everyone can compute it on his own.

Yes, it is. But the nagging is over the limit, whether you like that or not. So you have to pay for it to use it normally.

Who specifies the limit? Wikipedia? What does that mean "normally"? Does my software do something abnormal which is not specified on the website or during the installation?

If closing ONE popup at each startup is a hassle, just write an autohotkey script that closes it. I rarely see the popup on my system, only if windows takes a bit longer to load than usual. Otherwise the nagscreen is closed without even being displayed.

The popup might not be optimal, but bigmuscle did state it's temporary, as is the watermark. It's by far not as intruding as you all make it out to be. If you want them to be gone faster then don't make him waste time replying to your complaints on the forum and let him work on the blackbox fix and the guy gui. Or drink some beer.

edit: *mumbles something about stupid autocorrect*

Edited by Soukyuu

Hello
but it does not work and dwm.exe aerohost.exe are present in the task manager but no transparency, I added the registry key HKLM \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM but not always the same transparency manually
LoadAppInit_DLL = 1
I forgot some thing?
thank you for your help

Try this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll""RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/163570-aero-glass-for-win81-rtm-rc3/page-16#entry1058721

All this is option is already in place in the registry.
but still no transparency ...
and we have to put the symbol?
thank you

Or drink some beer.

:yes:, but do not drink over the normal limit ;).

demotivation-posters-auto-281293.jpeg

jaclaz

P.S.: @bigmuscle

If I were you I would make another site where people can actually purchase a "license to whine about the software", something like 3 € per whining ticket and 9 € to buy a set of 5 whining tickets, you seemingly would get richer through that. :unsure:

For NO apparent reason ;):

gallery_338_9_17046.jpg

Edited by jaclaz

I re-read my website and I can't find any info that "3€ is required" or "3€ is minimum amount" or something similar.

It's right here:

Untitled_1.jpg

Of course it can be said that it is "can get", but let's say it - it clearly suggests that you get the key only by donating 3€ and above. It is only said in another words.

But whatever. Keep it the way you like, call paying for software a "donation", do whatever you want. I have a license, so no problems for me. I will still use this app, because apart from this problems it's still a must-have on desktop Windows 8 for me.

The popup might not be optimal, but bigmuscle did state it's temporary, as is the watermark. It's by far not as intruding as you all make it out to be. If you want them to be gone faster then don't make him waste time replying to your complaints on the forum and let him work on the blackbox fix and the guy.

Seems like a good point.

Of course it can be said that it is "can get", but let's say it - it clearly suggests that you get the key only by donating 3€ and above. It is only said in another words.

Sorry, but it's not written there at all. The sentence just states that if you donate 3 euros, you can get 2 keys. It does not state "only 3€", "3€ or above" or something about minimal amount.

Hello
LoadAppInit_DLL = 1
I forgot some thing?
thank you for your help

Try this:

So I did everything as indicated register and symbol sdk installation
but still no transparency .... I desepere

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 v1.1

Here is a release with some modifications that I had on my mind during the release of previous version :-)

* fixed errors when caption font size is set to zero
* select correct target for glass safety zone
* glass safety zone is local with static surfaces
* flush before glass safety zone if required
* removed symbol dependency on destructor of COcclusionContext
* CoCreateInstance(CLSID_WICImagingFactory...) changed to WICCreateImagingFactory_Proxy
* fix race condition when loading custom reflection
* added human readable message when donation key/atlas/reflection loading fails
* fixed blur effect on targets with alpha mode different from D2D1_ALPHA_MODE_IGNORE
* added timestamp to minidump file name
* verifying aerohost privileges should not be language-dependent

Here is one secret setting for experienced testers!!! I discovered bug which caused that under certain conditions glass regions were rendered even if they were completely covered by some other (mostly fullscreen) window. I implemented a quick fix but I had no time to properly test it whether it does not cause some glitches elsewhere. This fix is included but disabled by default and it should not be enabled unless you know what you are doing and what you are testing. If enabled and some glitch/bug appear, at first test that it does not appear when this setting is disabled!!! Option can be enabled in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM: DontRequireGlassSafetyZoneOnFullyCoveredRegions (DWORD: 0x0 (default) / 0x1 (to enable testing mode)). This should not be enabled by regular users!!!

Thanks BM, can we simply install it over the top of the previous one?

AERO GLASS for Win8.1 v1.1

Here is a release with some modifications that I had on my mind during the release of previous version :-)

* fixed errors when caption font size is set to zero
* select correct target for glass safety zone
* glass safety zone is local with static surfaces
* flush before glass safety zone if required
* removed symbol dependency on destructor of COcclusionContext
* CoCreateInstance(CLSID_WICImagingFactory...) changed to WICCreateImagingFactory_Proxy
* fix race condition when loading custom reflection
* added human readable message when donation key/atlas/reflection loading fails
* fixed blur effect on targets with alpha mode different from D2D1_ALPHA_MODE_IGNORE
* added timestamp to minidump file name
* verifying aerohost privileges should not be language-dependent

Here is one secret setting for experienced testers!!! I discovered bug which caused that under certain conditions glass regions were rendered even if they were completely covered by some other (mostly fullscreen) window. I implemented a quick fix but I had no time to properly test it whether it does not cause some glitches elsewhere. This fix is included but disabled by default and it should not be enabled unless you know what you are doing and what you are testing. If enabled and some glitch/bug appear, at first test that it does not appear when this setting is disabled!!! Option can be enabled in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM: DontRequireGlassSafetyZoneOnFullyCoveredRegions (DWORD: 0x0 (default) / 0x1 (to enable testing mode)). This should not be enabled by regular users!!!