bigmuscle

Does anyone else have the issue where, in safe mode, the screen stays black? I think this might be a bug. It's not possible to boot into safe mode with a GUI. You need to force power off to turn the computer off (so boot into safe mode with command prompt to try this bug, do NOT use MSCONFIG or your computer will not boot)

Please provide steps how to reproduce. Although I don't use safe mode, I don't see any reason why it should be caused by Aero Glass. Or is Win8 safe mode different from previous versions that it loads scheduled tasks?

Does anyone else have the issue where, in safe mode, the screen stays black? I think this might be a bug. It's not possible to boot into safe mode with a GUI. You need to force power off to turn the computer off (so boot into safe mode with command prompt to try this bug, do NOT use MSCONFIG or your computer will not boot)

Please provide steps how to reproduce. Although I don't use safe mode, I don't see any reason why it should be caused by Aero Glass. Or is Win8 safe mode different from previous versions that it loads scheduled tasks?

Charms Menu > Settings > Change PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery > Restart Now (Under Advanced Startup)
Then your computer will enter a blue screen with options in it. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart
Your computer should then reboot into another blue screen with a list of options. Press F6 to select option 6 (enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt, don't select other Safe Modes or you won't be able to turn your computer off). Your computer will reboot into a black screen with a CMD window. No other GUI elements should load.
This is what happened to me, not sure if it is limited to just me...
Also, to reboot from CMD once you've finished do shutdown /r

??? And how is it related to Aero Glass. You selected safe mode with command prompt, so your system booted into safe mode with command prompt. What's wrong with that? :huh:

Sorry, working as intended. I thought Safe Mode with Command Prompt would give a GUI, turns out I was wrong. Sorry :blushing:

Edited by usaff22

By the way, if you get into a situation where you're getting a continuous black screen (or black screen "loop"), just hold down the Control key. That will avert the loading of the DWMGlass.dll enhancements and get you to the desktop.

-Noel

Just...

Hello,

I have installed AG81 (by setup.exe) as registered user in W81x64 and graphically everything works fine, but I need to fix two minor issues with the app:

1) The SearchIndexer.exe proces crashes after every reboot once, but then it auto-restarts and works OK until next reboot.

When AG81 is unistalled, then it no longer crashes.

PopisCesta k chybující aplikaci:	C:\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exePodpis problémuNázev události problému:	APPCRASHNázev aplikace:	SearchIndexer.exeVerze aplikace:	7.0.9600.16384Časové razítko aplikace:	5215d4c4Název chybného modulu:	MSSRCH.DLLVerze chybného modulu:	7.0.9600.16384Časové razítko chybného modulu:	5215d425Kód výjimky:	c0000005Posun výjimky:	0000000000006dbeVerze operačního systému:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4ID národního prostředí:	1029Další informace 1:	6d41Další informace 2:	6d41e4396d81642d19366c6551ed1668Další informace 3:	e03aDalší informace 4:	e03a041bd62db5852c187261b2519512Další informace o tomto problémuID sady:	e25ae552d453d49eddf5ca482dea705d (125837385)

I doubt that it can cause crash in totally unrelated application. I just guess that Aero Glass causes that SearchIndexer loads into some corrupted memory part.

2) Windows DWM auto-stores the information about "ColorizationXXX" DWORD value in registry. So here is the feature reguest:

I created "ColorizationXXXInactive" values, but they are fixed, when I switch from one theme to another. It will be nice to have an option (reg key), that for example:

ColorizationColorInactive is 80% of ColorizationColor (called "ColorizationColorRatio") and when theme is switched, then "ColorizationColorInactive" should be updated with "ColorizationColor" (from new theme) * ColorizationColorRatio. Same for blur, and some other ColorizationXXX values.

I do not understand this much. Playing with ColorizationColorBalance and ColorizationColorBalanceInactive does not do what you need?

1) You were right. It was corrupted search index.

2) I will try to explain:

I use:

-Windows original style in all created themes (that means only pictures are different)

-Slideshow function from several pictures

-Autocolorization function for frame borders (that new one in W8-x)

Now when I switch from one theme to another (like from "Flowers" to "Earth") (or slideshow change picture and Windows choose new color for window-borders) all ColorizationXXX values in HKCU are updated, but it will be also nice to have ColorizationXXXInactive values updated by AG. For example I want ColorizationColorBalanceInactive to be 50% of ColorizationColorBalance, so it will be nice to have "ColorizationColorBalanceRatio=50", so when I switch from one theme to another (or when different picture loads from slideshow and autocolorization is applied) and Windows updates ColorizationColorBalance in HKCU, AG could take updated value of ColorizationColorBalance * 0,5 and save that as ColorizationColorBalanceInactive. Same for some other ColorizationXXX values (like ColorisationBlurbalance etc.)...

Edited by moderate

Hi there. So I just installed the installer for the windows 8.1 blur program, and when I go to take my laptop off the charger, it disables. I went into regedit and into windows, sofware etc. and i get no option to enable aero on battery. literally there is no option for it.

Any help??

I'm not sure if this is directly applicable, but check it out, and read the next page or so and see if you can adapt it for what you need. If it works, please post back with a working solution for the benefit of others.

Cheers and Regards

I'm not sure if this is directly applicable, but check it out, and read the next page or so and see if you can adapt it for what you need. If it works, please post back with a working solution for the benefit of others.

Cheers and Regards

I tried to add "DisableGlassOnBattery" into the registry since it was not there.(also set it to 0) But it is still not working.

Cheers and Regards

I tried to add "DisableGlassOnBattery" into the registry since it was not there.(also set it to 0) But it is still not working.

Did you try using my Aero Glass Configurator tool? http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170384-aero-glass-cofigurator-for-windows-81/

Cheers and Regards

Did you try using my Aero Glass Configurator tool? http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/170384-aero-glass-cofigurator-for-windows-81/

Said "Loading script........ access is denied" What do I do??

i have auto change background enabled.

Even thou I have set active color and in active color, every time the background changes, the color that i set will change as well.

its not a complain, but is there a way to prevent it?