bigmuscle

Hi all, i have 2 questions...

1) I made a donation when I started to use the software in the beta phase. But a couple days ago I changed most of the hardware of my computer (mobo+cpu+mem). Now after install the windows 8.1 and the aero glass final version its seems that my licence is not valid any more. So... how can a i do to resolve this??

2) There any way to remove the ugly "Aero Glass for Win8.1" letter on the bottom-right side of my desktop??

thx

Hi Bigmuscle I genereated a new key and now its works perfect and without the text over the desktop. Thanks for your answer and for your work, this program rocks! Very stable and without bugs for me in Win 8.1 :thumbup

i just donated 3 euro and the msg still pops. my paypal address is x_cn@qq.com and just donated on today.

also, can you please make the donation thing simpler(those paragraphs on your site) and need direct link towards the troubleshoot thread to helps donors. Yet, i could not find any, or anything obvious.

Few minutes after reboot, the msg still pops out(i already put the lience.key file to AeroGlass folder)

sorry if i posed it here wrong. i just want to donate and make thing to work.

PS: i have "test mode windows 8 pro" on the right corner all the time. i am using windows 8 (not 8.1)

i am use the GUI from http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/162036-aero-glass-tweaker-gui-for-win8-v132/

and i changed "DWMGlass.dll" to "DWMGlass64.dll" to make it just work.

if any thing is wrong. could you please make it easier for "normal" people to work. i am sure there are lot people willing to donate if its simple and easy to use since IT IS WORKING AMAZINGLY!!!!

i am use the GUI from http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/162036-aero-glass-tweaker-gui-for-win8-v132/

if any thing is wrong. could you please make it easier for "normal" people to work. i am sure there are lot people willing to donate if its simple and easy to use since IT IS WORKING AMAZINGLY!!!!

that program is old and not designed to work with newer versions of glass8, use this instead ;)

also, can you please make the donation thing simpler(those paragraphs on your site) and need direct link towards the troubleshoot thread to helps donors.

I don't think that some special troubleshoot info is needed here, because all important information is already written on the website -> you just donate, then fill in the form, store downloaded file into your Aero Glass folder and restart. That's all. All problems which can appear are mostly caused by users who use some 3rd party softwares, change access privileges on Aero Glass folder or do some other non-standard things. Many users just try to invent some special procedures and then they are surprised that things do not work.

But if some concrete information is missing on the website, just specify it and I have no problem to make the website complete then.

also, can you please make the donation thing simpler(those paragraphs on your site) and need direct link towards the troubleshoot thread to helps donors.

I don't think that some special troubleshoot info is needed here, because all important information is already written on the website -> you just donate, then fill in the form, store downloaded file into your Aero Glass folder and restart. That's all. All problems which can appear are mostly caused by users who use some 3rd party softwares, change access privileges on Aero Glass folder or do some other non-standard things. Many users just try to invent some special procedures and then they are surprised that things do not work.

But if some concrete information is missing on the website, just specify it and I have no problem to make the website complete then.

many ppl will go like from:

"ok need to donate(pop up happens)"----->>"how much should i donate?"------->> read though all page--------->>"there is a 3 euro rule"-------->>"can i just buy for 1 copy?"------>>cant find the price for just 1 copy------>>use paypal to pay----->>fill in the form and get the file.

i waited till the pop up pops out for the second time for like ..i dont know, very long time......to just get the machine code..

anyway......it still pops out but seems like just for once after i reboot into desktop....after that, never appears again( at least for 2 hrs now)

After all, thanks for the awesome program and the effort you put into. ;)

that program is old and not designed to work with newer versions of glass8, use this instead ;)

i just downloaded and dont know what to do. wish there is a video tutorial make it super easy...i am lazy...

is that still a GUI as well? which means it require "important file" like those made by Big muscle?

I can't get disable logging working.

A (very) few things are always logged.

But if you're still seeing all the details, have you tried restarting your system after making the change to the registry?

-Noel

hmm, what are the things that always logged?

I was setting EnableLogging to 0. I just turned on laptop and got this

[2014-01-28 18:03:37][0xDD4:0x328] Donation key loaded[2014-01-28 18:03:37][0xDD4:0x328] Machine ID: 52GQQFLESUQLJLOCWCIIL3L2MDPL4VNLE4LWBQAQRL4JE3WQ[2014-01-28 18:03:37][0xDD4:0xBA0] CoCreateInstance(CLSID_WICImagingFactory, NULL, CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_PPV_ARGS(&pImageFactory)) failed with 0x800401F0

actually I just want to know if is this setting is working right or not

many ppl will go like from:

"ok need to donate(pop up happens)"----->>"how much should i donate?"------->> read though all page--------->>"there is a 3 euro rule"-------->>"can i just buy for 1 copy?"------>>cant find the price for just 1 copy------>>use paypal to pay----->>fill in the form and get the file.

And here is the problem. Although people say that they "read though all page", they mostly skip the most important points:

* You donate to support the development of this software, not to buy this software/license.

* You are not eligible to receive anything for your donation (some exception can appear for fair donations - see end of this page).

* The amount of the donation depends on how much you value this software. You valuation also means how much you will be awarded.

There no "buy 1 copy" etc. and it is the reason why it is not stated there.

i waited till the pop up pops out for the second time for like ..i dont know, very long time......to just get the machine code..

and that's why the website states "machine code (displayed in the notification dialog and in debug.log file)"

Does anyone else have the issue where, in safe mode, the screen stays black? I think this might be a bug. It's not possible to boot into safe mode with a GUI. You need to force power off to turn the computer off (so boot into safe mode with command prompt to try this bug, do NOT use MSCONFIG or your computer will not boot)

Just posting my criticism, i tested this with gaming and this is NOT optimized for that. I had 25% to around 65% loss in FPS when enabled, also moving/re-size/minimize around in windows 8.1 makes it really choppiness and lag. I love Aero and what you have done is amazing but for me as a gamer i cannot recommend it for any in its currently state. A friend of mine also had problems with performance in general when this Aero mod was enabled.

Other than that keep up the good work. I will deff get this installed on my Lenovo laptop and my work machine ;) and test it out there too next month hopefully.