bigmuscle

If you are not advanced user (which understands registry editing) and you have no problems with Aero Glass then you don't need any tweaker because there is no settings which you should change.

I see no difference, Which means a lot of reading and registry tweaking, which I was hoping to avoid.

I think I'm going to have to forget about Aero Glass for now.

Oh well, at least I donated to a good cause.

I'd return to rc1 because of using non standard themes and uxstyle causes my system black screen at restart system. BM, plz return bypassing theme signatures back, your way works good - no black screens on any boot/restart. I think many users of Aero Glass uses another themes - they are looks better, and if you return this thing - i will donate one more time ).

I can't, because a) Aero Glass is DWM hook only and B) there is no correct way how to inject DLL into all processes in the system.

I don't undestand - in rc1 and early builds you make it and all works fine. Why you can't do this in release for thom who use registry injecting?

I'd return to rc1 because of using non standard themes and uxstyle causes my system black screen at restart system. BM, plz return bypassing theme signatures back, your way works good - no black screens on any boot/restart. I think many users of Aero Glass uses another themes - they are looks better, and if you return this thing - i will donate one more time ).

I can't, because a) Aero Glass is DWM hook only and B) there is no correct way how to inject DLL into all processes in the system.

I don't undestand - in rc1 and early builds you make it and all works fine. Why you can't do this in release for thom who use registry injecting?

Yeah, blur on taskbar too.

Edited by MainDeJustice

Because it requires old unsecure injecting into every process which only messes your system and is against the logic of my Aero Glass extension. And as I said many times - my Aero Glass is only extension to Desktop Window Manager and not multi-functional software which is even able to make a coffee.

Because it requires old unsecure injecting into every process which only messes your system and is against the logic of my Aero Glass extension. And as I said many times - my Aero Glass is only extension to Desktop Window Manager and not multi-functional software which is even able to make a coffee.

Blur on taskbar isn‘t considered as a part of multi-functional software. It‘s a part of DWM.

bigmuscle on 24 Jan 2014 - 1.29 PM said:

I don't understand you much. Your screenshot shows that Aero Glass works as expected, so where's the problem?

Sorry, without a corresponding AGTweaker I'm afraid I'm lost with settings. I guess I'll have to wait for a new version.

FYI that popup doesn't re-occur since I moved the folder to the root drive. I just wondered why it appeared at all.

Thanks.

Ignore that. I'm not quite sure what I did but I started from scratch all over again and now it works beautifully, thanks bigmuscle. Maybe it was because I ended task on DWM.exe and let it restart after dropping the license key into the folder this time. I think I overlooked that previously.

Edited by Ex_Brit

It's sad ((( I don't know how it was made in Windows 7 (through DWM or something else), but complex of Aero features (Glass, Shake, Peek, Snap, Flip3D, Blur behind taskbar) made Windows 7 most beautiful version at all. And i think that goal of this project is to archive most of features Windows 7 for next versions of Windows. Now i see that this project make less and less features because of some sort of limitations. At least it will do nothing because it is not a part of DWM or something else... Sad ((((.

Can i pay you for tool or library or another way that will be bypass theme signatures through your method? And how much if you can find time for this?

It's sad ((( I don't know how it was made in Windows 7 (through DWM or something else),

I already said it many times how it works and it works the same way since WinVista. Application, which wants some of its control to get blur behind, simply calls DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow(hwnd, TRUE) for this control. DWM then just renders glass effect on such marked region (and if transparency is enabled, it will render blur effect behind). So in Win7, Explorer.exe just calls DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow(hwndTaskbar, TRUE). But in Win8.x, explorer.exe calls DwmEnableBlurBehindWindow(hwndTaskbar, FALSE).

And i think that goal of this project is to archive most of features Windows 7 for next versions of Windows.

Nope, the goal of this project is to implement extension for Desktop Windows Manager to get blur effect on glass regions. Edited by bigmuscle

You can use UltraUXThemePatcher instead. UxStyle doesn‘t work for me either.

Edited by MainDeJustice

After some Windows update it will cause a black screen at boot when update change files, that patcher patches.

After some Windows update it will cause a black screen at boot when update change files, that patcher patches.

No... I‘ve been using it like half year and I didn‘t face any problem.