bigmuscle

Hi,

Installation using the install program not worked. (Windows 8.1 64 Bit Enterprise French)

Licence.key was in the install folder (C:\AreoGlass)...

No log...

Using the AppInit_DLLs method worked (I got the black title Windows a few time, but now, it seems OK...)

So why not keeping using the AppInit_DLLs method ?

Windows will take care of the timing..

Nvidia drivers use that way for nvinitx.dll (NVIDIA D3D Shim Drivers) on my laptop.

Thank you for this great program.

Thanks for the advice, but I did not understand what to do.

I think ralcool means for you to replace Users in his example with SYSTEM so that your PC creates an account called SYSTEM to try and workaround your localization problem with СИСТЕМА. If this account is created, you would need to ensure it has the same rights/permissions as СИСТЕМА and that aerohost.exe is using the SYSTEM account.

Get the following:

---

Microsoft Windows [uersion 6.3.9600]

<c> Корпорация Майкрософт (Microsoft Corporation), 2013. Все права защищены.
C:\Users\ЮK>net user SYSTEM /add
Учетная запись уже существует.
(Account already exists.)
Для вызова дополнительной справки наберите NET HELPMSG 2224.
(For additional help, call type NET HELPMSG 2224.)
C:\Users\ЮK>net localgroup Администраторы SYSTEM /add
Системная ошибка 1378.
(System error 1378.)
Эта учетная запись уже является членом этой группы.
(This account is already a member of this group.)
:\Users\ЮK>
---
Edited by kyn1907

It works very good.

I will mention to new ones when donate to choose ''save'' of the lisense key and then copy it paste to the C:\AeroGlass

Those already mentioned but i insist to repeat them.

Another thing is that i put out the atlas named win8cp from C:\AeroGlass as you see in screenshot my theme dont need it and also did not appear right.

aero_glass_for_win8_1_v1_0__in_zeus_osx_

To my deviant page screenshot, i recommend to anyone the donation for Aero Glass for Win8.1 author's efforts and time.

====================

Edited by idas

I installed it yesterday and added the key file, it worked perfectly. I restarted it several times after that and it still worked every time. Turned my PC on today and now it's asking about symbols and it isn't transparent anymore, I'm now also getting the "black box" around title text like others here.

kyn1907, have you tried the AppInit_DLLs method? This does not need aerohost.exe as far as I know.

- If installer does not work and aerohost process does not enable glass for you, it is because a bug caused by your OS localization. Please use old AppInit_DLLs injection method in such situation.

kyn1907, have you tried the AppInit_DLLs method? This does not need aerohost.exe as far as I know.

- If installer does not work and aerohost process does not enable glass for you, it is because a bug caused by your OS localization. Please use old AppInit_DLLs injection method in such situation.

Tried - does not work.

AppInit_DLLs method works, I tested and there is no reason why it should not, because the "blocking" check which causes the problems on some localized systems happens in aerohost.exe which is not used in other injection methods.

AppInit_DLLs method works, I tested and there is no reason why it should not, because the "blocking" check which causes the problems on some localized systems happens in aerohost.exe which is not used in other injection methods.

This is what I have noticed after I did some testing.

When I get "Black box" I see the following (extra lines) in the debug.log

DBGHELP: .\uDWM.pdb - file not foundDBGHELP: .\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not foundDBGHELP: .\symbols\dll\uDWM.pdb - file not foundDBGHELP: udwm - public symbols          C:\AeroGlass\symbols\uDWM.pdb\4588A14F9B8E4824B21524CD279E1EFF2\uDWM.pdbSymbols loaded for udwm.dll as 3 (#0)

And when I get the normal "Aero glass" I don't see the above stuff. Everything else in the log between the two is same.

Edited by bugmenot13

Well I guess I'll wait until the next version 2.0 of Aero Glass or something, it baffles me how it worked perfectly yesterday but today it decides that it doesn't want to work at all (even after uninstalling and then reinstalling it).

Just...

Hello,

I have installed AG81 (by setup.exe) as registered user in W81x64 and graphically everything works fine, but I need to fix two minor issues with the app:

1) The SearchIndexer.exe proces crashes after every reboot once, but then it auto-restarts and works OK until next reboot.

When AG81 is unistalled, then it no longer crashes.

PopisCesta k chybující aplikaci:	C:\Windows\System32\SearchIndexer.exePodpis problémuNázev události problému:	APPCRASHNázev aplikace:	SearchIndexer.exeVerze aplikace:	7.0.9600.16384Časové razítko aplikace:	5215d4c4Název chybného modulu:	MSSRCH.DLLVerze chybného modulu:	7.0.9600.16384Časové razítko chybného modulu:	5215d425Kód výjimky:	c0000005Posun výjimky:	0000000000006dbeVerze operačního systému:	6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4ID národního prostředí:	1029Další informace 1:	6d41Další informace 2:	6d41e4396d81642d19366c6551ed1668Další informace 3:	e03aDalší informace 4:	e03a041bd62db5852c187261b2519512Další informace o tomto problémuID sady:	e25ae552d453d49eddf5ca482dea705d (125837385)

2) Windows DWM auto-stores the information about "ColorizationXXX" DWORD value in registry. So here is the feature reguest:

I created "ColorizationXXXInactive" values, but they are fixed, when I switch from one theme to another. It will be nice to have an option (reg key), that for example:

ColorizationColorInactive is 80% of ColorizationColor (called "ColorizationColorRatio") and when theme is switched, then "ColorizationColorInactive" should be updated with "ColorizationColor" (from new theme) * ColorizationColorRatio. Same for blur, and some other ColorizationXXX values.

Edited by moderate

Hi BigMuscle

Thanks for a great app which makes Windows 8 look a lot better. :-)

However there is one annoying bug which has been there since the Windows 8.0 release of this app.

I am talking about the 'backlight' effect of the captions in the title bars. The backlight is always missing when you open Windows Explorer expect Control Panel but everywhere else. I don't know whether it has something to do with the ribbon in Windows Explorer in Windows 8 or not.

If you are using a dark theme the captions of the inactive windows may be impossible to see.

I hope there is a workaround for this. :-)

Thank you in advance.

Ricki

post-387144-0-35352500-1390441045_thumb.

It was explained to me that ribbon-enabled windows do their title painting via something within the theme implementation, not the same place as normal windows. Apparently it's outside the purview of this product.

-Noel