bigmuscle

debug.log with DWMGlassDebugBuild:

[2014-01-21 23:36:50][0x4D0:0x4D4] Installing DWM hook...

[2014-01-21 23:36:50][0x4D0:0x4D4] User: SYSTEM

Replaced dll with the debug one, log appears and has only two these lines

Add: my OS is russian, and account is called СИСТЕМА not SYSTEM. New dumps for aerohost, dwm & debug dwmglass.dll http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/66763927/file.html

Edited by getbmah

Thanks, I finally found the problem. Your aerohost.exe is not running under SYSTEM account, but under its localized version СИСТЕМА which is the problem. Does certain localization really translate even default system names?

They do, but from what I saw it's only an alias and accessing the same resource by the english name still worked, e.g., C:\Users\ will always accesss user folder, even if the path you see is C:\Benutzer (on a German windows). Though it doesn't seem to be working in this particular scenario... I'm guessing you're generating an xml then adding it to tasks, right? Maybe you could try querying the system user name by it's {S-1something} form of name, if possible?

illuzi0n: could you (and others with same problem) try at least temporary solution by editing "Aero Glass" task in Task Scheduler and setting some startup delay? E.g. 10 seconds (page Triggers > Edit > check Delay task for)

I tried to set a delay of 1 minute, same issue.

Delaying from the scheduler won't solve the issue somehow gotta delay the injection via the dll so it's as slow as the debug build ... only way I can think of to try and fix this issue that alot of people have

Edited by illuzi0n

Delaying from the scheduler won't solve the issue somehow gotta delay the injection via the dll so it's as slow as the debug build ... only way I can think of to try and fix this issue that alot of people have

Then it must be worse than I thought. The report error just means that COM library has not been initialized by CoInitialize function. This would be obvious mistake except that CoInitialize is called and other COM calls works correctly. I must find a way to reproduce it so I can step into WIC code to see where the error is created.

I have noticed at times with non english accounts, sometimes software will not install.

1/ open command prompt (hit start button, type CMD, right click, run as Administrator

2/ type the following:

net localgroup /add Users

net localgroup

(lists all user groups. should now see one called Users)

So, this might help for 'SYSTEM' too?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490706.aspx

Thanks for the advice, but I did not understand what to do.

I'm having the same issue with the black glow background, but it only appears on the open windows after manual DWM restart. Normaly just minimizing the window and restoring it back clears the artifact of that window.

Another observation:

TextGlowMode = 0x02 - Black glow background after DWM restart

TextGlowMode = 0x01 - No glow at all, just text after DWM restart

edit: sorry I wrote blur instead of glow.

Edited by oomek

Yes, now the black glow background is gone however there is no glow in both cases for TextGlowMode = 0x02 or 0x01 until I minimize and restore a window.

Also scalling window dragging it's sides restores glow

Edited by oomek

Thanks for the advice, but I did not understand what to do.

I think ralcool means for you to replace Users in his example with SYSTEM so that your PC creates an account called SYSTEM to try and workaround your localization problem with СИСТЕМА. If this account is created, you would need to ensure it has the same rights/permissions as СИСТЕМА and that aerohost.exe is using the SYSTEM account.

Edited by DrStrange

Soukyuu: Your log is invalid as it comes from some very old Windows 8 version.

dzup: already answered - you have invalid permission on donation key. Error 5 means "Access denied".

for those who have glow problem - what is your TextGlowMode settings?

Ok, adding access to license.key for my account and delete Applnit_DLLs=C:AeroGlass.dll key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows.

Now working with my license and without blackbox.

Thanks.