bigmuscle

how can one restart or stop glass8 without logging off? task scheduler does not actually stop it, and taskkill says aerohost.exe is not running so i can't kill it that way

TO RESTART AERO GLASS:

Task Manager / Details and end dwm.exe

TO STOP AERO GLASS:

Task Manager / Processes and end Aero Glass extension for Desktop. Than GOTO Task Manager / Details and end dwm.exe

NOTES:

This is for aerohost.exe Method.

To restart aero glass after using STOP AERO GLASS You can just start the task in Task scheduler.

Thanks BM for the corrections.

Edited by ace2

I would just append that if he uses different way of injection (e.g. old AppInit_DLLs) then he must disable this injection first before dwm.exe restart.

And no, you don't have to restart PC. You can just start the task in Task scheduler.

Hi there, I've recently installed Version 1.0. Unfortunately it's not working. Perhaps there's something wrong with "CSettingsManager"? I tried it manually, the installer and donated aswell for the debug symbols.

I'm running Windows 8.1 Pro (x64). Here's the log:

[2014-01-21 22:21:41][0x1550:0x1574] Installing DWM hook...[2014-01-21 22:21:41][0x1550:0x1574] Module: C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll[2014-01-21 22:21:41][0x11A4:0x15F8] Donation key not loaded (2)[2014-01-21 22:21:41][0x11A4:0x15F8] Machine ID: XMDXP6L4FFDMVL3THMUDLU42XZ2LQ5YBAILPQ5GYFLPYL4CI[2014-01-21 22:21:41][0x11A4:0x1614] CSettingsManager not found, running in LIMITED MODE![2014-01-21 22:22:28][0x6A4:0x6A8] Installing DWM hook...[2014-01-21 22:22:29][0x6A4:0x6A8] Module: C:\AeroGlass\dwmglass.dll[2014-01-21 22:22:29][0x3E8:0xBD0] Donation key loaded[2014-01-21 22:22:29][0x3E8:0xBD0] Machine ID: XMDXP6L4FFDMVL3THMUDLU42XZ2LQ5YBAILPQ5GYFLPYL4CI[2014-01-21 22:22:59][0x3E8:0xBC8] CSettingsManager not found, running in LIMITED MODE!

Thanks in advance! :)

illuzi0n: could you (and others with same problem) try at least temporary solution by editing "Aero Glass" task in Task Scheduler and setting some startup delay? E.g. 10 seconds (page Triggers > Edit > check Delay task for)

Soilbreaker: please enable verbose logging (see website guide how to that) and then provide full debug.log. Your symbols seems not to be loaded for some reason.

Thanks, I finally found the problem. Your aerohost.exe is not running under SYSTEM account, but under its localized version СИСТЕМА which is the problem. Does certain localization really translate even default system names?

I guess that everyone who has the same problem just use Russian localization.

What we can do with СИСТЕМА account? Maybe you can change account for aero to TrustedInstaller, for example?

Would my license key, previously from my donation to the program - while in the Windows 8 version, work on the new version? I installed the AG 8.1 with no problems, so I assume it's okay.

Just wanted to know.

Heya,

My copy is rejecting my license key. I've grabbed it directly from the donate page using my machine code as copied to the clipboard, but it still brings up the message about donation and the watermark is still present.

Any ideas?

Debug.log shows the following. I've tried to re-generate a new license key a few times with no luck. I only have 2 machines using Aero Glass so the license keys shouldn't all be used up.

[2014-01-22 17:45:50][0x4AC:0x4B0] Installing DWM hook...[2014-01-22 17:45:50][0x4AC:0x4B0] Module: C:\Aero\dwmglass.dll[2014-01-22 17:45:50][0x340:0xB64] Donation key not loaded (5)[2014-01-22 17:45:50][0x340:0xB64] Machine ID: MSG4GELVFFDMVL3THU5CLMBFXZ2LQ5YBN2LI3LRYFLPYL4CI
Edited by Xevon

as already written, error 5 means wrong permissions. Make sure you have write permissions to the file.

Read-Only is off on all files. I've also specified aerohost.exe to run as Admin, but that hasn't helped. My Windows account has admin privs.

It's also worth noting that the theme loads, but I don't get any transparency. Symbols have been downloaded. Secure Boot is off.

Edited by Xevon

I have noticed at times with non english accounts, sometimes software will not install.

1/ open command prompt (hit start button, type CMD, right click, run as Administrator
2/ type the following:

net localgroup /add Users
net localgroup

(lists all user groups. should now see one called Users)

So, this might help for 'SYSTEM' too?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490706.aspx

Just trying to help.

Edit, Also I have black glow box problem, it seems to occur for me on morning cold boot. I have it set to 0x0 no glow effect.

A system restart seems to fix it for rest of the day... (I have an SSD, so maybe the system is too fast like BM suggest for load WIM?)

I currently use Appinit to load DWMGlass.dll still as it seems there is maybe a problem.. I have not tested install/aerohost.exe method yet)

Edited by ralcool

illuzi0n: could you (and others with same problem) try at least temporary solution by editing "Aero Glass" task in Task Scheduler and setting some startup delay? E.g. 10 seconds (page Triggers > Edit > check Delay task for)

Soilbreaker: please enable verbose logging (see website guide how to that) and then provide full debug.log. Your symbols seems not to be loaded for some reason.

Even with delay of 10 seconds still getting same error mate still have to restart dwm to remove black box

Edited by illuzi0n