"Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates for nLite" page (ht

TitoHL

"Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates for nLite" page (http : // xdot . tk) was blocked by the FBI.

Where I can find the file UDC-01.14.14.zip and the list of high-priority updates?

Why the FBI blocks this page, which only provides an alternative method to download updates from Windows XP?

Regards.

"Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates for nLite" page (http : // xdot . tk) was blocked by the FBI.

Where I can find the file UDC-01.14.14.zip and the list of high-priority updates?

Why the FBI blocks this page, which only provides an alternative method to download updates from Windows XP?

Regards.

Well, from here, it is NOT blocked by the FBI (and I would presume that the FBI has more important things to do than blocking that site) :whistle:

http://xdot.tk/updates.html

works fine for me, as well as the file:

http://xdot.tk/files/UDC-01.14.14.zip

jaclaz

EDIT: removed links as they are obsolete

Edited by jaclaz

I redirect banned IPs to fbi.gov. What did you do on the site? Poking around where you shouldn't have been maybe?

If you don't mind, post the first 2 octets of your IP addy and I'll look into it.

Edited by -X-

OK, I found your recent 403. You were banned because you poked around on Dec 11 @13:48:38 EST

Edited by -X-

OK, I found your recent 403. You were banned because you poked around on Dec 11 @13:48:38 EST

GETS:

/files/

/files/index

/files/index.txt

I'll remove the ban but please don't poke around anymore.

-X-, I understand your being cautious, and I'm sure it is part of the reason that your site continues to operate successfully. (Thank you for that, it is a valuable resource that the community needs.) But isn't banning due to a single episode, ie on a single day in a one minute time period, of "innocently" poking around just a little harsh? I haven't tried to do it on your site, and I won't, but I'm guilty of doing similar things on Kel's, just looking for a more efficient way to download several offerings and make sure I didn't miss any. (And "full disclosure" to see if there were any older files or other goodies I might find useful. :) ) Once I discover that the files available for download are in a location like "/files/", sometimes curiosity will get the better of me. If I look and get 403 and 404 errors then I don't go back and figure no harm done.

Cheers and Regards

The situation you describe is a bit different to what he did. He continued to try different URLs and getting multiple 404 and 403 and instance when he got a 301. You don't know the number of times that I see the error logs where people are poking for vulnerabilities trying to hack the site. I'm not saying he was trying to hack the site in this instance but I have to protect the site the best I can.

I see peeps constantly using POST with Front Page or some other crap but I presume those are just clueless folks misusing software. The WordPress vulnerabilities are non stop. Hello! I don't run WordPress or any other non static stuff!

This is typical (Jan)...

URL Hits

/_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc 17

/_vti_inf.html 8

/user/ 1

/admin.php 1

/administrator/index.php

/admin/login.php 1

/wordpress/wp-admin/

/blog/wp-admin/ 1

/expressInstall.swf 1

/wp-login.php 1

/admin/ 1

Edited by -X-

isn't banning due to a single episode, ie on a single day in a one minute time period, of "innocently" poking around just a little harsh?

No one died. He could still have tried from work ...if applicable. -_-

-X- explained that TitoHL actually did more than what I originally thought. Based on -X-'s experience with similar intrusions on his site I do not blame him for his actions. In any case, -X- restored TitoHL's access, so all is good again. :)

Cheers and Regards

Thank you -X-!

Now, everything works OK.

I confess that I am guilty. I am extremely curious. My intention was precisely to find more files UDC to understand why the UDC-10.08.13.bat batch file download WindowsXP-KB2753842-v2-x86-ENU.exe even though it was replaced by WindowsXP-KB2847311-x86-ENU.exe (Topic: KB2753842-v2 downloaded by UDC-10.08.13.bat).

But at no given time I tried hack or damage the site.

Even so, I understand that you protect what what you was so hard to build.

Regards.

Edited by TitoHL

• 2 weeks later...

I am having trouble extracting your file: UDC-01.14.14.zip

I have download several times - the file size is always 714 KB (731,607 bytes) - which seems correct

- but file doesn't seem to be a standard format ZIP file.

WinZip says - Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive.

Win7's Inbuilt Extract says - Please insert last disk of Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue

WinRar says - The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
If I remove the zip extension - WinRar then reports the file is a GZIP Unix archive file

Renaming the file as a GZ file seems to solve the problem - both WinZip and WinRar now extract the file OK

Maybe this file needs a redo to sort out this issue?

Edited by DougCuk