Computer slow down

mike13

I have a 6 month old Dell OptiPlex 9010 Desktop running Win 8.0 I also downloaded Startisback. It has a Core I7 3770, 3.5 GHZ processor and 8 gig of memory. The computer used to boot in about 45 seconds. A few weeks ago it started taking 75 seconds to boot. After I push the start switch, it takes 8 seconds, then I see the Dell Logo. At 24 seconds I get a blank screen. at 47 seconds I get the Welcome message. at 55 seconds the desktop starts to load. at 75 seconds the desktop is finished. I checked Task manager, and the only thing that is enabled at startup is my antivirus (Bitdefender) On a weekly basis I run a full antivirus scan, along with CCleaner, and Malwarebytes. Then I run that defrag. The computer is clean. Then when I first go to my Internet Home page it takes another 10 seconds to load that. After that the computer is very fast. Opening any other web page, or programs is just about instant. Any suggestions on the slowdown ? My wifes computer about 3 months old and boots much faster and it only has the I3 processor. Thanks, Mike

Bitdefender might be the cause. It run nicely at first but after a while it could slow your computer down.

Try uninstall Bitdefender and see if it helps solve the problem.

Also, not all startup items are shown in Task Manager Startup tab. Maybe tons of services are set to automatic startup, slowing down your boot time.

Edited by quanzi1507

Not having much success. I click on MORE REPLY OPTIONS, then I chose BROWSE at the lower left. Then I found the file, selected it, I then saw the file listed in the box at the left of BROSWE, and then I clicked on ATTACH FILE. After about a minute, I get a message that "No file was selected to upload" What am I doing wrong ? Mike

Upload the zipped file to the file host of your choice - mediafire or whatever. You will get a link for the file there. Then when you make your next post here, paste the link to the file into your post using the "link" button in the edit box.

Cheers and Regards

MagicAndre1981---I removed Bitdefender and installed Avast. The blank screen time decreased about 11 seconds but other times increased. The total boot time is still about 75 seconds. If I copy My Documents, Favorites, Music, Pictures etc to a flash drive, and then do the procedure to RESTORE THE COMPTER TO ITS ORIGINAL STATE" when I bought it about 6 months ago, then get all the Microsoft updates, then re-install everything---do you think that will fix whatever is taking the computer so long to boot. Like I said before the computer USED to boot in about 45 seconds. Thanks, Mike

I can't upload the file this time. I tried several times. It tells me it is uploading, it reached 100%, then it tells me it is Verifying the file for integrity. Then it starts all over again. I even reinstalled Mediafire, but same result. It never uploads to Mediafire. Mike