XBStart 2.1.9 stable - navigate Windows 8.1 with an Xbox controller

oomek

Is it happening only in Amnesia or in all of your games?

All games

All works fine here. It must be something on your side then.

Ok I will check when I get back home and post all my findings. Probably a video.

Hi,

I wanted to try out your software. Really good job making it, but it annoys me in some ways. I tried to close, uninstall the program, but i couldnt make it stop working. If there would be a flipswitch for the application, it would be really nice :)

Thanks,

HRoland :)

All games

Actually, I have the same problem. I've checked the option to disable the GUIDE button within Steam Big Picture, but when I launch a game, pressing the GUIDE button always takes me back to the Start Screen.

I've als tried running xbstart with administrative rights which didn't help.

Hi,

I wanted to try out your software. Really good job making it, but it annoys me in some ways. I tried to close, uninstall the program, but i couldnt make it stop working. If there would be a flipswitch for the application, it would be really nice :)

Thanks,

There is a tick button in the xbstart settings to disable it when Windows starts. Uninstaller automaticaly kills the app, maybe it's your antivirus preventing it.

All games

Actually, I have the same problem. I've checked the option to disable the GUIDE button within Steam Big Picture, but when I launch a game, pressing the GUIDE button always takes me back to the Start Screen.

The Guide button deactivation works only when a game is launched with a Steam big picture, when you run a game with it's own pinned shortcut It cannot be done at the moment unfortunately.

Hi,

Thanks,

There is a tick button in the xbstart settings to disable it when Windows starts. Uninstaller automaticaly kills the app, maybe it's your antivirus preventing it.

Omg... Im such an id***  :( the annoyance wasnt XBStart's fault. The Alienware Alpha UI was guilty... Sorry :D

Edited by HRoland

All games

The Guide button deactivation works only when a game is launched with a Steam big picture, when you run a game with it's own pinned shortcut It cannot be done at the moment unfortunately.

I always Launch my games within Steam Big Picture but the GUIDE button still throws me back to the start Screen. Am I doing something wrong? Do you Need more info?

I did some tests again: The GUIDE button works as intended in "Toybox Turbos". Launched the game via Steam Big Picture and the GUIDE button shows the Steam overlay.

When I run "Shovel Knight", the GUIDE button takes me back to the start screen. 

Both games have full support for the controller. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:

I did some tests again: The GUIDE button works as intended in "Toybox Turbos". Launched the game via Steam Big Picture and the GUIDE button shows the Steam overlay.

Both games have full support for the controller. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

I've sent an email to Valve asking to add a registry key which would allow me to disable the guide button every time the Big Picture is in foreground or a game is launched. This is the ultimate and only solution as the current mechanism is a blind guess and needs to be changed. Let's wait and see what their response will be.

Edited by oomek

Not sure what changed but it finally went through and installed works great.  Thanks for the hard work guys, if you could control your apps with the controller like netflix and hulu I could finally put up the mouse and keyboard.

fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:fresco, on 26 Jan 2015 - 8:29 PM, said:

I've sent an email to Valve asking to add a registry key which would allow me to disable the guide button every time the Big Picture is in foreground or a game is launched. This is the ultimate and only solution as the current mechanism is a blind guess and needs to be changed. Let's wait and see what their response will be.

Any luck on this? 

For me it would also be OK if there was an option to disable the GUIDE-button option of XBStart (the global hotkey to go back to the start screen) since I don't really need it for my HTPC. Would that be an option for you?