XBStart 2.1.9 stable - navigate Windows 8.1 with an Xbox controller

oomek

Good day, I have an application to the author of a small request. I'd like to reassign the button "back +" option in the "guide +".

The fact that the button "back" is responsible for all gaming applications for opening map (Assasin's creed unity, farc cry 4, etc) and a combination of "back" is just do not have time to take a screenshot.

Thank you very much for your understanding and sorry for my bad English.

To be honest XBStart wasn't supposed to be used in any app with a native controller support, because of that kind of result as you describing. Swapping a global button trigger from BACK to GUIDE is theoretically possible, but that would require extending the GUIDE button holding time when you want to turn off the controller, I don't know if it's ok for the rest of the users.

Implement the ability to take screenshots without resorting to the keyboard - very helpful. Otherwise, I have to use additional software to all the same to take a screenshot from the game. Especially, pressing the guide+ will be faster than three seconds to turn off the controller.

By the way, 4 dualshock controller shutdown occurs through the guide + start (fast and uncomplicated).

If you make such a possibility (guide +), I think many will be glad in addition to what you have already done. It will be gorgeous. Thank you.

Edited by Chuvakstepan

Ok, I'll think about swapping the back button with the guide button, but first I need to finish building my trackball controller prototype. It’s my main priority at the moment.

It crashes for me (1.1 and 2.1 beta6) when starts, without any kind of information or error code. :}

Wired and Wireless Xbox 360 pad.

Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

Microsoft .NET 4.5

Windows 8.1 x32 (clean installation and updated 04/12/2014)

Windows 8.1 x64 (clean installation and updated 04/12/2014)

Dell Inspiron 530 (2007)

Intel Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33GHz

4 x 1GB 240-pin DDR2 DIMM (max 4GB)

Radeon HD 7770

Hey,

awesome work with XBstart, i´m using it alot. 

But i have one Probleme, its perfect that you can deactivate xbstart while beeing in steam big picture Mode, so it doesnt interfere with steam options, but once i start a game xbstart blocks the buttion option for steam music, ingame chat and so on.  

Is there a way around that so i can use xbstart and it will turn off once in a steam game?

I recently formatted my PC and tried reinstalling XBStart 2.1.7 but I am always getting certification failed during setup

I tried turning off the firewall, and my PC is connected to the internet, but no use.

Also I tried running as Administrator but same issue

Please help!

Edited by mbushnaq00

• 3 weeks later...

XBStart version 2.1.8 stable released.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Ive been using your app for a while now and must commend you for supplying a very stable and user friendly program that is all too convenient, lol just two things bug me, occasionally steamlock.exe will stay open once big picture is closed which stops me from opening anything else on start screen, could be my setup, but leads to my second point, using your app along with big picture and xbmc/kodi media center its almost seamless going from videos,music, and pics(kodi) to start or desktop then big picture for games until I remembered im using Windows 10 preview with virtual desktops that use hotkey Win+cntrl + left or right arrow to switch between them and would be wonderful to have as a home+LB or RB combo to jump from game to video to desktop, etc, would really compliment my new rig even once Windows 10 launches, sorry for the long post as im very descriptive as well as excited lol.

Thanks for your bug report CaliKizid. I've had one report before about steamlock.exe failing to terminate, but I'm still unable to reproduce the issue on my machine. Regarding Windows 10, I'll implement the shortcut but only after a Customer Preview release, as many things may change on the way. I was also thinking about changing a global key activator from BACK to GUIDE BUTTON, but I need your feedback on that.

Thanks for your bug report CaliKizid. I've had one report before about steamlock.exe failing to terminate, but I'm still unable to reproduce the issue on my machine. Regarding Windows 10, I'll implement the shortcut but only after a Customer Preview release, as many things may change on the way. I was also thinking about changing a global key activator from BACK to GUIDE BUTTON, but I need your feedback on that.

No prob, and I wasnt considering the shortcut being placed in the app as much as just adding multiple keys/hotkeys to the always active buttons since the ability for keystrokes was already there, the home button seems to be the canvas for this picture as none of my games use unless big picture is open which only uses home and home+RT to screen shot but can be removed, that being the case I feel the home button could be held to open something like a tier 2 set of commands for either profiles for games with many buttons or customizable hotkeys/shortcuts/keystrokes to maneuver through windows and programs using just the controller, sounds lovely, but dont know how easy it would be, regardless, im willing to test and provide feedback as long as you need since I always keep the app open Edited by CaliKizid

Bluebirts, on 04 Dec 2014 - 7:27 PM, said:

Hey,

awesome work with XBstart, i´m using it alot. 

But i have one Probleme, its perfect that you can deactivate xbstart while beeing in steam big picture Mode, so it doesnt interfere with steam options, but once i start a game xbstart blocks the buttion option for steam music, ingame chat and so on.  

Is there a way around that so i can use xbstart and it will turn off once in a steam game?

I've checked Steam music while in game and have no problems navigating the tracks. Would you be more specific and explain the issue you're having?