Chkdsk and RAM

Torchizard

yes, open the 32Bit CMD.exe and run chkdsk here. All users run into this EXCEPT Microsoft:

This week a report on a blog described a crashing issue in Windows 7. The steps to reproduce the crash were pretty easy (1) run chkdsk /r on a non-system drive then crash after consuming system memory. Because it was easy to “reproduce”, the reports of this issue spread quickly. Subsequent posts and the comments across the posts indicated that the issue seemed to have been reproduced by others—that is the two characteristics of the report were seen ( a ) consumption of lots of memory and ( b ) crashing.

Like many of you, the first thing I did was try it out. And as you might imagine I did not reproduce both issues

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/e7/archive/2009/08/10/what-we-do-with-a-bug-report.aspx

Hi guys!

We seem to be having a dig at Microsoft....lol can I join in.... :yes:

I would like to see the day when Microsoft actually listen to those that actually buy it....

I get annoyed to think that companies that want to offer alternatives to computers with their crap preinstalled on them...I know there are those that have Ubuntu etc...thinking of the suppliers that have a blank computer so you can decide what you want....

I have seen several go bust because Microsoft just wants us to use their crap...

Don't you just love Microsoft.... :realmad:

bookie32

... 7 along with vista is BOUND to get major bugfixes

Also, just because 7 and Vista are BOUND to get major bugs found, unfortunately this does NOT mean that MS is bound to fix them, again, unless forced.

Cheers and Regards

actually they are bound :)
but as that article by mvp(?) said, it wasn't reported enough times

and I read few weeks ago article from one of developers from early vista(longhorn), how they do development & bug fixing
and IF certain team didn't report on time the bug, they leave it unfixed even if they are aware of it

they leave it unfixed for next version of winblows

so either they fixed this in w8, and if vista doesn't have this bug then it is limited only to w7 users

which explain above situation

Edited by vinifera

Would using third party software help in this case, or are they all working off some generic API (like defragmentation does for example), which is bugged?

As a side note, I would be interested in "third party" software that is intended to replace CHKDSK (i.e. that can fix NTFS filesystem errors). :unsure:

jaclaz