Remote Desktop issues...

r37ribution

XPC seems to integrate the SP in a differnt mannor, as there are additional folders inside the i386 directory that are not in the final distribution of a manually slipstreamed SP2...??? i'd give you specifics but my remote desktop is acting gay again (see Remote desktop issues....)

:edit:

im loosing it...lol this is "remote desktop issues..." neways i RDed into my computer...installed a virus scanner and M$ office 2k3 and went to [start]->[security]->[shutdown]->[restart] and its being dumb again and just closing the connection...i dunno what to do about this

I don't know how many different ways there are ... XPCREATE does it in two steps: First SP extraction

START "Slipstreaming SP" %STARTSWITCH% "SPACKS\%%~nI.EXE" -X:TEMP\SPACKS -U

Second, integration:

START "Slipstreaming SP" %STARTSWITCH% "TEMP\SPACKS\I386\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE" -S:CDROOT -U

I do it in two steps instead of one, to determine the extracted-to directory name, and delete afterwards.

thats wierd...ill try slipstreaming with xpcreate and installing, lets see what happeneds maybe its my source cd?

but i have never had ANY problems with it before including my latest slipstreamed cd...than again remote desktop still is goofin up

i think the missing files and RD issues are unrealated tho...just a hunch :rolleyes:

btw the missing file errors im getting are during the dos text mode of the setup...you know where we been perfecting those raid drivers :)

Building the ISO can be a tricky issue. With XPCREATE all the XP system files (e.g. all those copied from the CD) are uppercased. I believe all, with the exception of some HTML doc in the DOCS directory, are named with the 8.3 file name convention. All files XPCREATE adds to the CD are named 8.3 UPPER. The CDIMAGE switches used require this. If files are listed as missing, yet are in fact present, I would look for these types of errors.