new modem but hangs up on me

tom

I bought a Creative modem Blaster 56k v92. The modem hangs up on me after I connect to the internet or start a game online, strange indeed. I have NEVER DISCONNECT CHECKED, but it still does, any ideas. :)

When I used to have a modem...

I used to get d/c all the time mainly due to the following reasons:

1. They kicked anyone idle for 30 minutes (not your case)

2. The connection was terrible, so it just randomly d/c (the connection speed was so slow, that the timeout caused the d/c)

oh and by the way... Happy Birthday!

no more dialup 56k;-)

I'm on broadboand over at college.. and on isdn over here at home... so no problems...

back then... ya I contacted my ISP and thier response "it's normal"

I bought a Creative modem Blaster 56k v92.  The modem hangs up on me after I connect to the internet or start a game online, strange indeed.  I have NEVER DISCONNECT CHECKED, but it still does, any ideas. :)

Your ISP may not be fully V92 compatible.Check with them to see.

Your phone line may be faulty.If it has a lot of "noise" this can cause disconnections.

Have you tried a different modem.

My isp is prodigy.net. Yes blackwar I have tryed that update, it does the same thing that the original drivers on the cd do. The screen said that it is dialing but after about 1 min. I pick up the phone and there is still a dial tone so it never dialed. When I load the XP generic drivers the modem connects but it disconnects me sometimes to, even with a 49bps speed.

Hmmm, check with Creative support, either mail or phone them. Ask them if they know the answer to your problem and see what they suggest... Sometimes XP drivers for your product work best, i had a problem with my Sony Webcam, once i got XP to do the drivers it worked brilliantly!!

V.92, 49kbps?! Thats slow for that, i used to get 52kbps on my old modem and that was a V.90, You should be getting about 50kbps+ on your modem.

i used to have a modem blaster modem in XP my modem would mess up it said it was still connected in my icon tray but wasnt sending or receiving any data the only thing i could do to properly get connected again was to reboot. the only solution for me was to use windows 2k :rolleyes: .

i tried all the drivers out at the time and non of them helped i hope u can get it to work properly :)