Maxed out start menu "All Programs" entries

mikesw

I've quite a few programs on the start menu under "All Programs". There is four columns of 34 programs per column. However, I need to still the remaining ones which should be on column five and beyond, but i can't see them.

I came across this solution, but now all the "All programs" entries showup in one column and not multiple columns (max 4) and have them scroll left to see the columns on the right side of the screen.

How to get max columns on the screen scrolling to the left to display the remaining installed programs?

windows XP SP3. I've installed quite a few programs and am running into a few problems. when I select start menu->All Programs i see 4 colums of 34 entries per column. However, I can't select the fifth column to see what is on it which should cause the menus to move left to get more than 4 columns with 34 entries per column. I did find this solution,

I understand your problem exactly. You mean, you have so many programs installed, and would like to display them, without the limitation of Windows stopping (or going over) your display space! Which renders your mouse useless.

I too (being a video editor/comp tech)have run into the same problem, as I have hundreds of software titles installed (and no, it has nothing to do with software creating entries).

It's not a virus, nor any other horrible thing. It simply requires a change...

Right-Click on START

Select the Start-Menu, Tab

Make sure the Start Menu 'radio-button' is selected

Select the 'Customize button'

Select the 'Advanced Tab'

Scroll about 3/4 of the way through the list and you will find a check-box, indicating:

Scroll through Programs

Put a check in that box.

Shut down, re-start, and you should be good to go.

Edited by mikesw