Windows 8.1 high CPU load

insanecorp

• 2 weeks later...

Dear André,

it is pretty weird: each tip from you works for a few days and then it occurs again.

I allowed myself to upload the most recent .etl file written with your xperf command:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sqesOWgmpSNlVGQzZ3dHVNcVU/edit?usp=sharing

Super vielen Dank!

Beste Grüße aus Köln (1. Liga again oleoloele... ;-)

Dear André,

I stopped nearly all Intel services that reminds me of what you suggested: 

ZeroConfigService alone didn't "silenced" my CPU aka fan :-(

Since I have no clue what "...Network related tools..." are on a windows 8.1 machine I tried to stop as much as I can.

At the moment the cpu aka the fan starts to howl every now and then again, even with the most ... Intel Dienste beendet und auf manuell gestellt...

I will do whatever it takes to get rid of this because it really starts to harm my working abilities :-(

I have to do some work today so a lot of applications are open / running now, as soon as I have the issue again I will record the xperf .etl file again to see what I can kill as well with your invaluable help and assistance.

Danke dir!

Gerhard

Hallo Andrè,

the cpu terror just returned, now every 45 - 60 sec. the fan starts to howl and the cpu is at 100%

I simply have no other idea than to penetrate you again with this.

Thank you so much.

BTW can you give the services and things I should eleminate in Win 8.1 in German, it is "hard enough" for me to realize what you suggest and then I have to imagine what the services etc. might be in my German Windows System.

Besten Dank und liebe Grüße aus Köln -Gerhard

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sqesOWgmpSU1hXM0hhWDBBNUk/edit?usp=sharing

the CPU usage still comes IP related services/programs (IPHLPAPI.DLL!NetioAddressChangeCallBack). The AddressChangeCallBack shows me that this is code which is executed after the IP changes. I see you have 29 Ipv6 addresses assigned to the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Do you really need them all?

Hallo André,

thx for the prompt reply. Great.

You wrote:

"...

The AddressChangeCallBack shows me that this is code which is executed after the IP changes. I see you have 29 Ipv6 addresses assigned to the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260.

Do you really need them all?

..."

a) Probably not. I wasn't aware of these 29 IP #

b) I am more than willing to get rid of them (I assume to connect to my WLAN router one IP is suficient, isn't it)

c) how can I "kill" these 29 IPv6 addresses?

I was afraid to stop the whole Intel wireless service because I assumed that this is probably responsible for my WLAN connection ;-)

Thx for any "kill IP#" info.

LG -Gerhard

P.S.

Danke: I don't feel lost when you help me since I have to work with this thing (Lenovo notebook & Windows) to make my living (and therefore to feed me and my family.)

I really really appreciate it!

Thx: I unchecked IP 6 in my Wifi adapter preferences ("Eigenschaften") and since yesterday the cpu "behaves" (hopefully it stays this way).

So I will update my experience here after I am sure this solved the damned CPU 100 % nightmare.

Thx again