search pattern in C#

hi,

i wanna rssearch about search pattern.....as u know we use some characters as filters in our codes that called Search pattern( like *.jpg"|"*.txt"|"*.asp"|"*.css"|"*.cs",..... )....i need mor information about...PLZ help me

Sorry, I just don't understand what you are asking. Maybe it's because I don't use C# much if at all lately. Hopefully someone else can understand your needs better than I can. You might also try giving some examples of:

* verbally describe the concept of what you want to do

* show the code you tried

* describe the results you expected

* explain what you got instead

* give links to other examples, tutorials, etc that you looked at that you don't understand

So far, your one sentence questions just don't give enough information, at least for me.

Cheers and Regards

well unfortunately i know a little about beacous of that i ask my question here, may some one know more and help me. as i know. for example in C# code, we use some filters(Search pattern) that help u to find different files or etc. it's a kind of regular expression bout not the exact meaning. for example in code bellow,

string pattern = "*.gif|*.jpg";
FileInfo[] files = dir.GetFiles(pattern);

u can see how we use this search pattern. it 's a sample test, i wanna know more than this.

I don't understand. What exactly do you want to know? If you want to know more about the options available for "dir.GetFiles", then enter "c# dir.getfiles" in your favorite search engine and read. Or go find a book or tutorial about C# or take a class. Your questions are too vague for us to offer you any more help.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt