WIn8.1SE

ChrisR

Chris:

If I leave the computer running Win8.1SE for a day, Windows will show a activation reminder on the right lower corner of the screen. I Google the web for solution. People suggests to modify registry:"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents" and change OOBETimer value to "FF D5 71 D6 8B 6A 8D 6F D5 33 93 FD". This suppose to remove the reminder. Unfortunately, there is not entry of "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WPAEvents" in Win8.1SE registry.

The new 2-Shell & Config scrip works. I can format a local hard drive now. Thank you, Chris and Sp-Star.

:thumbup

I don't know much about the activation watermark on 8.1 and I never let Win8.1SE work a full day.

Searching a bit on google, OOBETimer seems to be something for XP.

Maybe something to test, in runnig PE, remove HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Plugins\Objects key and its sub-keys and let it run to see.

Chris:

Remove HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Plugins\Objects key wouldn't stop the activation notification message. Well, it is not a big deal. I will let it go.

Thanks.

Project Updated: Win8.1SE_2014-01-30

Many changes for the support of Korean host systems with the extended language and Unicode.

Main Features:

Locale, Format: Add support for Korean. Thanks ied206

Copy Files: Choice between boot.wim taskmgr and the new Win8 taskmgr.

Shell & Config: Allow formatting the Host system partition C:. Thanks Sp-Star, Doberman. Disable Auto chkdsk at bootup autochk. Thanks Lancelot

WoW64 Basic: Fixing patching on korean host OS. Thanks JFX

Classic Shell: Classic Shell Start Menu updated version 4.0.4

PPPoE (ADSL, Phone): (new) plugin compatibility win7, Win8 and Win8.1SE. Thanks 0scar

My Computer - Name: (new) Change 'My Computer' Name: "This PC". The Old 'Computer' name Localized String is selected by default. The plugin comes from Gena project.

WinNTSetup3: (new) JFX's WinNTSetup3 (v3.2.1) x86/x64. Install Windows 2k/XP/2003/2008/2012/Vista/7/8.x x86/x64

SuperFinder: Fix extraction on korean Host OS.

Themes: Patch Theme files to allow to apply unsigned custom themes.

MakeShortcuts: (new) Make Shortcuts at BuildTime

Create ISO: Verifies that the ISO is valid and bootable, then modifies the boot load size value at the correct offset for compatible ISO created with oscdimg. Thanks LarsH

Grub4Dos: updated grub4dos-0.4.5c-2014-01-17

Rufus: updated version 1.4.2.383

Important: Always Check Win8.1SE topic post 1 to get latest updates and informations.

cheers.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Project Updated: Win8.1SE_2014-01-30

Thanks for this interesting project :)

Audio does not work for me in the present version, whereas in version Win8.1SE_2013-12-16 then Audio was doing fine.

The present version does not boot from USB for me on Intel i5 machine, whereas previous version is booting OK.

Processing preset menu fails in that case. Booting on AMD machine from USB or HDD is doing fine.

May be it might be possible to add printer support. That is the only improvement I see so far.

Thanks Chris :)

Edited by wimb

Hi wimb,

Glad to hear this from you. Thanks :)

I do not really know for audio, the plugin has not changed between the two versions and it seems to work here.

For now, I am on .Net Framework, almost ready.

and I am also on Access Gain to bypass file system security on host system, it works on x86 but not on x64 because of Driver Signature.

I am looking for a tip, a tool to disable driver signature permanently.

bcdedit loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS with testsigning ON does not work.

I saw readydriver3 http://uhlik.sk/?page=swreadydriver but without going further.

and other stuff, but time is short and I must take care of my family ;)

For printer support, It guess that it should be a little easier in this project with the full registry.

but I believe that it remains a somewhat complicated task. I'll keep it for a bit later when I would have more free time.

Perhaps you already have some info, file dependencies for starting slowly, slowly.

Regards,

Chris

Audio does not work for me in the present version, whereas in version Win8.1SE_2013-12-16 then Audio was doing fine.

The present version does not boot from USB for me on Intel i5 machine, whereas previous version is booting OK.

Processing preset menu fails in that case. Booting on AMD machine from USB or HDD is doing fine.

Both issues are fixed and everything is working GREAT :)

I think this is the best PE ever made since it has registry of full Win8.1 and a good DriverStore.

Audio needs to Select Checkbox - Drivers>Audio

In folder Win8.1SE_2014-01-30\Projects\Win8.1SE\Utils

then I used Grub4Dos.script of previous version grub4dos-0.4.5c-2013-10-30

grub4dos-0.4.5c-2014-01-17 fails to boot with Win8.1SE_x86.ISO on Intel i5 Quadcore machine.

:)

post-132150-0-85329600-1392053590_thumb.

Additional WLAN driver and original display driver are integrated and auto installed.

Only two System device drivers were not installed:

Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus and Composite Bus Enumerator are missing and cannot be added.

I tried to add Printer support.

The registry seems already OK, but there are missing files e.g. ntprint.exe + dll and printui.dll in system32 and in DriverStore.

Also inf folder e.g. PrintQueue.inf and ntprint.inf and system32\spool have missing files.

Adding files helps but the EndPoint mapper cannot add the Printer ......

Some progress was made.

Start Spooler Service and add some more system32 files e.g. findnetprinters.dll

Now the dialogue to Add printer is working and I can select a printer from the list and print Test Page :)

But icons do not appear in Devices and Printers and Default Printer is not set.

There is still missing a lot of functionality, since I cannot use the printer in Notepad.

In Portable Win8.1 VHD everything is working OK :)

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=25333

Edited by wimb

Hi wimb,

Sorry for the late reply, I am a bit busy this week.

Indeed, the Audio script was not selected by default in 2014-01-30, some want it, others not!

then I used Grub4Dos.script of previous version grub4dos-0.4.5c-2013-10-30

grub4dos-0.4.5c-2014-01-17 fails to boot with Win8.1SE_x86.ISO on Intel i5 Quadcore machine.

I normally follow g4d updates but here I go one step back to version 2013-10-30, thanks :)

In Portable Win8.1 VHD everything is working OK :)

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=25333

Great :), I do not have time to look right now and this week but your post and Win8.1 VHD is a really good starting point. Thanks :)

I am also on Access Gain to bypass file system security on host system, it works on x86 but not on x64 because of Driver Signature.

I am looking for a tip, a tool to disable driver signature permanently.
bcdedit loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS with testsigning ON does not work.

If you have time you can test my AccessGainTool.script. For me it works in my Win8.1SE x64 build.

fuwi

AccessGainTool.script.7z

Hi fuwi, welcome here too :)

It looks good, thank :thumbup

As all roads lead to Rome (or Paris) ;)

I now use the nice JFX's trick to bypass Drivers signing for 64-bits builds :thumbup http://theoven.org/index.php?topic=866.msg11055#msg11055 Reply #25

And the existing AccessGain plugin (close enough) to bypass file system security, works perfectly now for x86 or x64.

Hi.

I take ownership of a file under winpe. Right click context menu works ok but it looks like do nothing because when i look to permissions of that file i see that administrator has no rights to do anything again. Trusted installer takes control again? Any idea?

th_gain.png

I reproduce the same things on Ram X: but the files in Win8.1SE are already with the administrators owner, so it is not really a worry here. I have no Idea !!!

I just try on C: or other host drive (not X:) that interresse us more, outside the development.

Change the owner from TrustedInstaller to Everyone, then add Everyone with Full Control.

No worries the Owner remains Everyone with Full Control and I have the same rights by restarting on the host system.